So liberals, what's your plan to keep guns from criminals

It would make the main criminals face retribution for their evil deeds, as you know.

That's stupid. Why would a criminal getting a gun think OMG, the NRA will be a co-defendant for this? That would be more of an encouragement than liability for them.

What you are doing is what is done now, trying to put gun manufacturers out of business and keeping guns from only honest citizens. You know what Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Columbine, Oregon, San Bernadino, the Navy Yard and Aurora had in common? Only the criminals had guns. All you're doing is driving up body counts ensuring criminals no one will shoot back. And what are you trying to do now? Make criminals even safer.

And here's an idea, what if you address the point in my OP? Kids can get all the pot they want? How are you going to keep guns from criminals? All you have is to punish ... non criminals? Seriously, that's how you're going to keep guns from criminals? I bet that has criminals shaking, you're going to make even more sure they can commit crimes with even lower risk of being shot while they do it.

Criminals love you, man. You are their hero running a safety campaign for them

I think that if you make the sentencing for gun related crimes significantly greater then you'd probably see less guns used in crimes.

Then you have things like a minor pot dealer getting 20 years because he happened to be armed at the time. So no, still a terrible idea.

- There are 300 million plus guns in the US.
- Hundreds of millions more in the rest of the world
- Shooters keep going to gun free zones
- Our southern border is open, at your insistence
- The only ones following your laws are the victims, all you're doing is driving up the body count

Teenagers can get all the pot and other drugs they want. We have had no ability to stop them. Yet your plan is go keep criminals from getting guns? Guns are just a tool, how is that going to work exactly? What is your plan?

Absoultely correct as the NRA explains in this humorous vidio.

http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/videos/video/nra-gun-logic

Unfuckingbelievable.

Total thread derailment by a moderator no less.

Since no shitstain leftist will ever give any workable (or even debateable) answer to the OP's question, I gladly offer my proposals.

So lefties, let's hear why these won't work. I'd welcome actual debate and reasoned discussion (I said I'd welcome it; I'm not saying I'm expecting it).
The fact is, mouthy leftists would much rather play the contrarian to proposed solutions, (instead of offering reasoned, competent voices to fix things), so let's hear those goofy, laughable excuses why it's unfair to focus our gun crime reduction efforts on those who actually commit crimes with guns!

1) Decriminalize recreational drug use, reallocate interdiction / enforcement / prosecution budget lines to wherever needed among the following:
2) Enforce with vigor laws criminalizing the violent misuse of firearms.
3) Don't use any weapons offenses as bargaining chips to be thrown out for guilty pleas for other charges.
4) Never allow the pleading down of felony gun charges to misdemeanors.
5) Mandate full time sentenced to be served for any violent misuse of a firearm.
6) Enhanced sentences for repeat offenders / felon in possession with reduced appeal opportunities.
7) Mandate states maintain the most up-to-date database of prohibited persons possible (including a red flag for mental issues - HIPPA be damned). and this be shared with the federal system and all other states.
8) Increase funding for parole/probation programs for enforcement of conditions of release and tightening of controls on those under conditional release and oversight of the boards responsible for early release.
9) Increase funding for states / cities for FTA/fugitive recovery with a priority on violent offenders.
10) Enact a nationwide concealed weapon permit system for law-abiding citizens that no state or municipality can opt out of.​

If these steps were taken criminal firearm homicide would fall 50%+ in 3 years.

so your claim is the left never gives solutions yet you vote against every solution they give like its a noose around your neck

see you people are insane

Are you gay or something? Comments like that make you sound gay.

Are you eight or something? Comments like that make you sound eight.

When you ever chastise a liberal, get back to me. In the mean time I"m just laughing at you for thinking this is a good line of attack

Are you eight or something? Comments like that make you sound eight.

When you ever chastise a liberal, get back to me. In the mean time I"m just laughing at you for thinking this is a good line of attack

I'm not attacking you. I'm just questioning your sexuality.
You sound sexually frustrated.
You worked pretty hard to bring masturbation into a conversation about gun control.
That seems fairly odd.

I'm not attacking you. I'm just questioning your sexuality.
You sound sexually frustrated.
You worked pretty hard to bring masturbation into a conversation about gun control.
That seems fairly odd.

How long have you had these gay fantasies? Why exactly do you think gay fantasies don't indicate you are gay? Actually, just so you know, they do ...

How long have you had these gay fantasies? Why exactly do you think gay fantasies don't indicate you are gay? Actually, just so you know, they do ...

You seem very confused about sex in general.
I promise we won't judge you for it.
It's okay.

While you yellow-bellied nutters have bang-bangs you will murder people. Civilized societies stop you.

At least you spelled "civilized" correctly. That's about all the positive I can say about your post. Enjoy your lofty position...even if it is only in the depths of your cerebral cortex.

Back