Social Security is a rip off

You do know that carrying packages around and running up and down stairs to avoid the elevator can make you hot even in the winter, right? Some of them are wearing shorts because they are fricking hot...

HOT ? You are thinking guys legs are hot ????

I did notice you did not take offense at the pic of the naked fat guy, now we know why :D

Really................?

You do know that carrying packages around and running up and down stairs to avoid the elevator can make you hot even in the winter, right? Some of them are wearing shorts because they are fricking hot...

I surely hope you are talking about the UPS gals ...and the Fed Ex gals..otherwise ya have me perplexed..........:confused:

The fundamental problem with your argument is that you're not including the insurance piece of it it. If SS were ONLY an annuity, then yes you're loosely conscripted analysis would be worth debating. but you're just comparing stock returns. SS is more than just an annuity.

SS is far less than an annuity.

sell USC some hot pants so his UPS career can get a good start...My daughter use to laugh at the UPS dudes wearing shorts in winter...now she has a BF who does...he also does celtic games...he is double my physical makeup....but he is a nice guy anyhoo..and has a sense of humor to boot...plays well in my house!
:)

I've got to get to the celtic games near me next fall. The Highland Games at Grandfather Mountain, NC, I mean. What a hoot that must be! :clink:

Fed-ex or UPS vs the US Post Office; private schools vs public schools. When an alternative is available, private companies, through competition in the market, step in and do a better job.

I'm obviously not talking about the Federal Reserve or the US Military, as those duties are specifically enumerated in the Constitution.

Why not allow private citizens to make a choice?

That is a bad comparison. Fed Ex and UPS do not deliver to every address six days a week. The post office is one example that HAS to be done by the government. Because from a business standpoint, no company is going to voluntarily be less profitable in delivering to hard to reach locations on a daily basis.

OMG.............

HOT ? You are thinking guys legs are hot ????

I did notice you did not take offense at the pic of the naked fat guy, now we know why :D

now USC will buy lotsa hot pants from southern man and take much pics for damo...this should get to be a funny and intereseting thread to :cof1:say the least! Waiting for elbeefy to chime in from Hawaii!....singing 'Love is strange'...Mickey and Sylvia..............:cof1:

and if citicorp or whomever took a dive where would be your annuity ?
I can see it now the govt would have to bail out the pirvitized SS....
So we would wind up paying for it two times.

The above shows your complete lack of understanding of what an annuity is.

The only way an annuity doesn't pay out is if the insurance company and the re-insurance company both go under. If you invest with Mom and Pops insurance backing the annuity, you are taking a chance they won't be able to pay it off. (kind of like what we have with SS right now). You invest with one of the largest insurance companies in the world and you won't have to worry. Because the only way they go down is if the entire world economy goes down. In which case, you would be screwed regardless of where your money was at.

Again, you try to spin this into a "Privatization means investors can put their money into any security they want or that it somehow means they have to put their money in the equity markets." Privatization simply means that the government cannot continue stealing our money.

The above shows your complete lack of understanding of what an annuity is.

The only way an annuity doesn't pay out is if the insurance company and the re-insurance company both go under. If you invest with Mom and Pops insurance backing the annuity, you are taking a chance they won't be able to pay it off. (kind of like what we have with SS right now). You invest with one of the largest insurance companies in the world and you won't have to worry. Because the only way they go down is if the entire world economy goes down. In which case, you would be screwed regardless of where your money was at.

Again, you try to spin this into a "Privatization means investors can put their money into any security they want or that it somehow means they have to put their money in the equity markets." Privatization simply means that the government cannot continue stealing our money.

Of course not one of the worlds largest banks is in trouble. so why would not a large insurance comapny get into trouble as well.

citicorp does business of one type or another with slightly over 50% of the people in the USA.

what do you think the insurance company does with that money to back the annuity ?

does it just sit in a vault waiting for you to get it ?

Maybe you should regroup there DD(or is that SF?)...I like USC he may be 180 degrees from my outlook but I give him credit where credit is do...he serveed in Nam...so his experience is taken into consideration...albeit I disagree ...he is okay!:D

Quit drinking. You will find that more of us can follow your line of "reasoning".

My post had nothing to do with his service or whether he is a nice guy. It had to do with his constant spinning of every damn thread into a bush bashing comment or Republican bashing comment. While some threads that is legitimate, on most it is not. The same one liners get old after the 1,000,000th time you have heard them.

That is a bad comparison. Fed Ex and UPS do not deliver to every address six days a week. The post office is one example that HAS to be done by the government. Because from a business standpoint, no company is going to voluntarily be less profitable in delivering to hard to reach locations on a daily basis.
Private companies would happily deliver to the 90% or so that they can make a profit at, and the feds could step in and serve the remainder.

Plus I don't know about you but 95% of what comes in my mailbox is junk anyway. Out of ten pounds of mail I may have 4 or 5 sheets of paper that are worth something, and those could be delivered by email or fax. This is the subject for another thread, but in reality the Post Office could essentially be eliminated, saving billions per year in fuel and paper. Of course that will never happen because the Post Office is a government program, and we all know those are never eliminated or cut back. ;)

Private companies would happily deliver to the 90% or so that they can make a profit at, and the feds could step in and serve the remainder.

Plus I don't know about you but 95% of what comes in my mailbox is junk anyway. Out of ten pounds of mail I may have 4 or 5 sheets of paper that are worth something, and those could be delivered by email or fax. This is the subject for another thread, but in reality the Post Office could essentially be eliminated, saving billions per year in fuel and paper. Of course that will never happen because the Post Office is a government program, and we all know those are never eliminated or cut back. ;)

yep and that junk mail come from private enterprise.

Check out my profile pic..............

I've got to get to the celtic games near me next fall. The Highland Games at Grandfather Mountain, NC, I mean. What a hoot that must be! :clink:

I will post a pic of the daughters BF...soon to be son in law...he does the celtic games every year in Reno...;)

Back