Socrates and Jesus

Sorry, but that's hot mess is 99% bullshit.

Reality is 99% conjecture of what tomorrow can become after a rotation of the planet compounding individual evolving going on now. Distances between spontaneously alive while simultaneously living is exactly where you are geographically here since conceived until decomposed.

I understand the secrets 1% keep from the blind faithful fellowships to real isn't real.

Reality is 99% conjecture

tinafey-sisters.gif

Socrates was not religious.

Jesus was religious.

Big difference.

It is entirely reasonable and plausible to consider them both moral and ethical philosophers.

The Socrates of Plato's Republic believed in an immortal soul, a transcendent reality, an ultimate truth, and a reward and punishment in the afterlife for the righteous and the wicked, respectively.

Any distinction between that viewpoint and religion is a distinction without a difference.

It is entirely reasonable and plausible to consider them both moral and ethical philosophers.

The Socrates of Plato's Republic believed in an immortal soul, a transcendent reality, an ultimate truth, and a reward and punishment in the afterlife for the righteous and the wicked, respectively.

Any distinction between that viewpoint and religion is a distinction without a difference.

Agreed. I fail to see why anyone has the inaccurate perception that religion and philosophy can't mix.

Agreed. I fail to see why anyone has the inaccurate perception that religion and philosophy can't mix.

In western civilization, there was basically no distinction between theology and philosophy until about 300 years ago.

Anyone who is thinking in a deep and profound way about morality, the meaning of life, and how to live an authentic life is doing philosophy, as far as I am concerned.

Your choice to play silly and believe whatever you like.

You project I am limited to faith by consensus. I understand genetic compounding DNA evolving as specifically timing ancestries being the living population specifically results here in plain sight. no theories of evolution, relative time, theology or philosophy life exceeds displacements mutually evolving as one of a kind ancestors typecast as contextual people.

In western civilization, there was basically no distinction between theology and philosophy until about 300 years ago.

Anyone who is thinking in a deep and profound way about morality, the meaning of life, and how to live an authentic life is doing philosophy, as far as I am concerned.

Agreed on all points. In an environment of subsistence living, higher education and study were the realm of the rich and the religious.

Agreed on all points. In an environment of subsistence living, higher education and study were the realm of the rich and the religious.

How quick you retreat into like minded consensus. stay engages with an instinctive brain for a while. your reasonable doubt just might vanish like understanding self happened by age 4.

You're wrong again, son. Sad.

what is with the "son" crap. Oh psychological supremacy attempt. I am accurate when it comes to the kinetics of biologically existing as an eternally separated reproduction proportionately alive in this atmosphere now. Accounting for equally created as any human ever added into the atmosphere since inception of this DNA set of 7.8 reproductions timed apart now.

Accountability without hope, faith, charity living happens any other possible way educated to mankind since dawn of civilization became the worlds in self orchestrated social chaos now.

what is with the "son" crap. Oh psychological supremacy attempt. I am accurate when it comes to the kinetics of biologically existing as an eternally separated reproduction proportionately alive in this atmosphere now. Accounting for equally created as any human ever added into the atmosphere since inception of this DNA set of 7.8 reproductions timed apart now.

Accountability without hope, faith, charity living happens any other possible way educated to mankind since dawn of civilization became the worlds in self orchestrated social chaos now.
I love it when people lose their temper. It's a doorway to seeing their true soul. Good luck with that! :thup:

How quick you retreat into like minded consensus. stay engages with an instinctive brain for a while. your reasonable doubt just might vanish like understanding self happened by age 4.

BTW, learn to speak like a fucking human being, dumbass. You looking like a fucking moron with that Space Alien gibberish.

I love it when people lose their temper. It's a doorway to seeing their true soul. Good luck with that! :thup:

where did I lose my temper? just called you out for deflecting. True souls only exist in context of their vernacular character role cradle to grave. actual soles occupying time only exist as biologically present occupying time conceived to decomposed binary code of never existed before, won't be the same since, or duplicated ever again.

BTW, learn to speak like a fucking human being, dumbass. You looking like a fucking moron with that Space Alien gibberish.

A reproduction understanding the kinetics at being eternally timed apart now is alien to what humanity trained you to believe true since born. The self anointed social superior intellect has become a despot of maybes.l

So you don't know Socrates was not a religious figure.

So you don't know Socrates was not a religious figure.

If you are basing that logic on the fact Socrates never wrote anything, then I do not know Jesus was religious either. We do not have a single word written by Jesus.

What we know about Jesus comes from the Gospels, and what we know about Socrates comes from Plato's dialogues.

Both sources of literature indicate both men were concerned about the fate of the immortal soul and they were both keenly interested in morality, ethics, and the meaning of life.

In short, it is entirely reasonable to consider both men moral philosophers who were spiritual and religious by our modern understanding of the terms.

Back