Stand up against the Government!

Which "they" are you talking about? Are you talking about a scenario where the House & Senate agree with a sitting President that all of the rules in place for our gov't should be thrown out the window, so they can just lord over the rest of us?

Or the other scenario, where the Easter Bunny takes over the capitol?
while I, for one, would fully welcome our new overlord, the Easter Bunny, lets go along with the rest of the fantastical bullshit people have been throwing out there and lets just say that congress writes a law that allows the military to apprehend US citizens for some reason linked to terrorism. This law is also signed off on by the Senate. and lets just keep on going with the executive signing it in to law. and while justice for the people grinds along slowly, eventually the courts say it isn't unconstitutional.

what do you do then?

Which fails to bring in every war since WWII.

In order for this magical circumstance to even prevail you'd need to get:

1. Every citizen in the military to give up on their oath to protect the constitution and therefore be willing to kill as many US citizens as possible.
2. At least a realistic threat of nuclear attack by the US government on its own citizens.
3. Every citizen in the US to simply give up because they don't have tanks.

The reality is, yeah. The armed citizenry is absolutely a match for our military at least as much as the people in Afghanistan who still regularly kill these undefeatable people and will soon send us out of Afghanistan for them to take it back over from whatever corrupt puppet controls it when we leave...

1, 2 and 3 are not what would be required. I never said that and dont agree. What undefeatable people are you talking about? I dont know of ANY undefeatable people.

while I, for one, would fully welcome our new overlord, the Easter Bunny, lets go along with the rest of the fantastical bullshit people have been throwing out there and lets just say that congress writes a law that allows the military to apprehend US citizens for some reason linked to terrorism. This law is also signed off on by the Senate. and lets just keep on going with the executive signing it in to law. and while justice for the people grinds along slowly, eventually the courts say it isn't unconstitutional.

what do you do then?

In case you haven't noticed, politicians in this country care about one thing: votes in the next election. I'd be much more inclined to start petitions, organize mass protests & vote against every elected representative who supported such actions in the next election, than I would be to take up arms - even if I could get enough people to take up arms to make a difference. I mean, in that scenario - who do you start shooting at?

We live in a democracy, with vast resources at our disposal to effect change and reverse any course that the vast majority of people would be outraged about....

You guys are pretending that its likely that we will need the guns we currently have to overthrow our government while in the mean time hundreds of innocent kids are being needlessly slaughtered.

You guys are pretending that its likely that we will need the guns we currently have to overthrow our government while in the mean time hundreds of innocent kids are being needlessly slaughtered.

And you're pretending that laws about guns somehow stop said slaughter, when experience and evidence hath shown to be contrary to your claim. Further, no one said anything about it being likely, we said it's possible. Stop pretending we said things that we did not say.

In case you haven't noticed, politicians in this country care about one thing: votes in the next election. I'd be much more inclined to start petitions, organize mass protests & vote against every elected representative who supported such actions in the next election, than I would be to take up arms - even if I could get enough people to take up arms to make a difference. I mean, in that scenario - who do you start shooting at?

We live in a democracy, with vast resources at our disposal to effect change and reverse any course that the vast majority of people would be outraged about....
remember, we're just talking possibilities here. not probabilities. is it possible that a situation could occur where we could lose control of the government and our country?

I dont belive we can "retain" the armament necessary because we dont even now have the armament necessary.

See the problem with this post is the problem with this entire thread, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, in fact, you have no clue whatsoever. You are just pulling shit out of your ass and acting as if it were factual. It is not. You are wrong.

Well, if they can't go total war on a bunch of foreigners, don't think that they can do it on their own people. And if you look at some of the links I posted here, yes I can buy tanks and rockets, mortars, grenades, etc.

It is the people who hate violence and war that lobby for limited collateral war in foreign wars. In a civil war those voices are usually the ones being killed off. The only voices of protest would come from foreigners.

I missed your links to those sites, so, you are saying it is legal to own these items? Or just that you can buy them?

stop appealing to emotions jarod. we're going strictly with numbers and facts, right?

And you're pretending that laws about guns somehow stop said slaughter, when experience and evidence hath shown to be contrary to your claim. Further, no one said anything about it being likely, we said it's possible. Stop pretending we said things that we did not say.

Yes, look at the amount of deaths by assault rifles occured while they were banned v now.

You are the ones who belive that banning abortion will end it.

It is the people who hate violence and war that lobby for limited collateral war in foreign wars. In a civil war those voices are usually the ones being killed off. The only voices of protest would Coe from foreigners.

I missed your links to those sites, so, you are saying it is legal to own these items? Or just that you can buy them?

Both. I can buy them and they're legal. And in civil war, it's not everyone fighting. It's usually a very small percentage. It's the fence sitters who do call for peace, and no they aren't typically killed (on a large scale anyways).

See the problem with this post is the problem with this entire thread, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, in fact, you have no clue whatsoever. You are just pulling shit out of your ass and acting as if it were factual. It is not. You are wrong.

Then address what is not factual about what I am saying.

Back