Stand up against the Government!

I did. It's lower now that they're legal.

Jarod, I will give you $1,000 if you can find a post by me where I mention Abortion.

You may be correct about the abortion thing. Show me a cite where they are lower... than they were when a rifles were banned.

You may be correct about the abortion thing. Show me a cite where they are lower... than they were when a rifles were banned.

Look for yourself.
zcze9.png

My point is that the idea that Americans should have guns to protect themselves from the Government is outdated and of no use to us in our current culture. We have already outlawed the weapons that would have the power to stand up to the Government and we have already built our military and police way past the ability of individual citizens to use weapons to stand up to that.

That's just not true. There are a little over 2 million active duty soldiers. There are over 100 million armed citizens. Even if every solider stood against the people, which is not likely, and only half of the people revolted our government would fall. Our government is no more irresistable than that of any other nation's.

The government rules at the will of the people. Even without a second amendment this remains true.

This chart says absolutly 0 about deaths by assault rifles.

Well, if violent crime has plummeted since the ban has expired, one could imagine that deaths attributed to them (when they were used in less than 3% of ALL crimes anyways), is also lower.

Last edited:
This chart says absolutly 0 about deaths by assault rifles.

Okay, let me see. You assume they went up and post "Look at the rates from when they were illegal compared to now" and then expect others to look up information for you?

remember, we're just talking possibilities here. not probabilities. is it possible that a situation could occur where we could lose control of the government and our country?

Maybe I just lack imagination, but I honestly don't see the possibilities. To me, it's like prioritizing preparing for an alien invasion, or zombie apocalpyse (which some people do).

I can envision situations where we might have Marshall Law, or something like that - but there are a lot of checks built into those, as well.

Maybe I just lack imagination, but I honestly don't see the possibilities. To me, it's like prioritizing preparing for an alien invasion, or zombie apocalpyse (which some people do).

I can envision situations where we might have Marshall Law, or something like that - but there are a lot of checks built into those, as well.

The fact that you cannot envision it does not remove it from being possible (probability aside), and it's being avoidable, in part, to an armed citizenry.

If you believe that then the armed citizens would be the only recourse. Seriously, the reality is the military simply could not stand up to that many armed people standing against it, even with this magic undefeatable equipment you think they have.

A lot of variables there, Damo, if all the people stood up, but usually it is only a half, half and of those halves only a small portion take up arms.

My husband was there, I will go with what he says...
As were many of my friends and family. That the terrain was difficult is no question. That it prevented a traditional war, now that is questionable, given our prior history in such wars. In fact the 'traditional' battles fought against the NVA were all great successes by the US. The reason the Vietnamese chose a guerrilla campaign is because they have had centuries of practice, and because we are not good at countering it.

I have to point out that the ideas that have been brought about the people needing to go against the government are pittafull justification for allowing the killing of our kids to continue.

I have to point out that the ideas that have been brought about the people needing to go against the government are pittafull justification for allowing the killing of our kids to continue.

Well, if you'd propose a solution that actually worked (Hey, remember all the school shootings when we could involuntarily commit crazy people? Neither do I).

A lot of variables there, Damo, if all the people stood up, but usually it is only a half, half and of those halves only a small portion take up arms.

Even if it was only half, and only a portion, they would still be simply overwhelmed by numbers. Again, the US government would not send the military in to even attack a country that well armed, let alone try to turn their citizens against each other. You'd have to assume at least half the military would be among those that "rose", they're citizens too, and that the other half are willing to bomb their mothers because somebody ordered them to.

Back