Starting a Sovereign Nation?

Well, we originally intended to have a Constitutional Monarchy, similar to the United Kingdom. But then we had a Libertarian join our project and we finally agreed to a City-State government with a powerless royal family and weak federal government.

Yes, you do bring up a valid point when it comes to nations being defensive. We are still planning an entirely peaceful process and we know how.

Any nation that wants peace, should first prepare for war.
That will be on a sign, in bronze of course, just above my desk.

You know how to have a country surrender a segment of their land and 40,000 tax paying citizens in a peaceful manner? How is that to be accomplished?

Who will be the "royal family"?

And what do the 40,000 people think of your plan?

It sounds like they've bought an island large enough for 40,000 people (hmm, should do the calcs on that...) and have people on a waiting list to join them....

@USFREEDOM911, you should see my Halloween costume...

And I'm suddenly reminded of a line from "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar"...

something like "oooo! I'm a princess! Princesses are younger than queens!"

well, context is everything....

Ok, many many questions haha!

Ok, Well, those 40,000 people we are planning to go door to door over a course of weeks. I have experience in this as I was a field staffer on 4 campaigns. If we don't get over 50% of the population, we will leave and not bother. We have a Constitution and a Declaration of Independence prepared. As for Military retaliation, we won't have to deal with that as they have no military or strong allies. In fact, They only have a police force and their ally would not help them as the UN Charter forbids it, Article 2(4). Ok,PAy would be yet to be determined. Well, I don't want the people to think I'm in it for power, because I'm not, so I'd take a royal position as I'd have no power and let the people elect the House of Lords and Commons and Prime Minister. Did I get everything?

Ok, many many questions haha!

Ok, Well, those 40,000 people we are planning to go door to door over a course of weeks. I have experience in this as I was a field staffer on 4 campaigns. If we don't get over 50% of the population, we will leave and not bother. We have a Constitution and a Declaration of Independence prepared. As for Military retaliation, we won't have to deal with that as they have no military or strong allies. In fact, They only have a police force and their ally would not help them as the UN Charter forbids it, Article 2(4). Ok,PAy would be yet to be determined. Well, I don't want the people to think I'm in it for power, because I'm not, so I'd take a royal position as I'd have no power and let the people elect the House of Lords and Commons and Prime Minister. Did I get everything?

You would take the royal position? A life of luxury without any serious responsibility? How noble of you, that you would do that for us.

Royal Positions aren't all that laid back, you have to do a lot of work. Also, If it sounds better, I planned to be in the military in the field for a very long time.

The only places without a military or any useful allies would be places I wouldn't want to live.

What qualifications do you have to take the position as the royals?

Royal Positions aren't all that laid back, you have to do a lot of work. Also, If it sounds better, I planned to be in the military in the field for a very long time.

It may not be all that laid back, but it certainly isn't like working for a living.

What rank would you enter the military as, when you start your long career?

The only places without a military or any useful allies would be places I wouldn't want to live.

What qualifications do you have to take the position as the royals?
We would have a military though, actually we plan to be very active militarily in peacekeeping. I'm saying the nation the secession is taking place from lacks a military.
I worked on 4 senators/congressional campaigns and am a Grassroots leader at a Super-PAC. Besides the point, I'm educated on political matters.

Back