Starting a Sovereign Nation?

Ok, many many questions haha!

Ok, Well, those 40,000 people we are planning to go door to door over a course of weeks. I have experience in this as I was a field staffer on 4 campaigns. If we don't get over 50% of the population, we will leave and not bother. We have a Constitution and a Declaration of Independence prepared. As for Military retaliation, we won't have to deal with that as they have no military or strong allies. In fact, They only have a police force and their ally would not help them as the UN Charter forbids it, Article 2(4). Ok,PAy would be yet to be determined. Well, I don't want the people to think I'm in it for power, because I'm not, so I'd take a royal position as I'd have no power and let the people elect the House of Lords and Commons and Prime Minister. Did I get everything?

With no military; how am I are we to stop an invasion or an insurrection?

Stick with the tiara. I'm sure it will look lovely and weighs very little. That pope-hat-thingy has to be uncomfortable as hell.
my wife used to be a waitress while she worked her way through school, and she can fold a cloth napkin into the shape of the pope's hat.

I must say, I am disappointed in the current crop of emerging teenagers. When the Trinity joined P.Com, the Youngins were largely libertarian. Now, a decade later, and we have a Marxist and the man who would be king. You guys missed out not being able to experience the awesome Nineties...

So you have 2 years experience in political campaigns and now you want to run a country?

I have no doubt you met important people. The question is, do those important people remember you?

More importantly; do you have information on them, that we can use to our advantage?

I must say, I am disappointed in the current crop of emerging teenagers. When the Trinity joined P.Com, the Youngins were largely libertarian. Now, a decade later, and we have a Marxist and the man who would be king. You guys missed out not being able to experience the awesome Nineties...
I am not a Marxist.... Whatsoever.

I am still amazed that with only 8 years of experience and education, this guy thinks he can wrangle an island away from a nation and broker deals with two super powers.

WE are having a military, the nation we are seceding from does not.

I have 6 more years mate, and I would not be running the nation.

So basically this other nation has no means of defense, except for a police force and the citizens?

I am still amazed that with only 8 years of experience and education, this guy thinks he can wrangle an island away from a nation and broker deals with two super powers.
You guys can judge, I honestly don't care of your opinions of me. I have my convictions and strongly believe this team can do it.

WE are having a military, the nation we are seceding from does not.

I have 6 more years mate, and I would not be running the nation.

Having a military involves more than a few warehouses of secondhand military gear from India and Russia. The ability to maintain the equipment, especially in a salt laden atmosphere, will take money and experienced people. If you want to be worth anything, you will need some sort of air force and a navy. India and Russia will not be THAT generous, just for two bases and some lumber. If you expect to have experienced military leaders, pilots, captains, and the like, you will need some serious bank to pay them and provide benefits. A trained pilot can make big bucks. You have to make it worthwhile for him to be shot at.

Having a military involves more than a few warehouses of secondhand military gear from India and Russia. The ability to maintain the equipment, especially in a salt laden atmosphere, will take money and experienced people. If you want to be worth anything, you will need some sort of air force and a navy. India and Russia will not be THAT generous, just for two bases and some lumber. If you expect to have experienced military leaders, pilots, captains, and the like, you will need some serious bank to pay them and provide benefits. A trained pilot can make big bucks. You have to make it worthwhile for him to be shot at.
We plan to have Israel supply us for Air Force, India for Navy and Russia for Army.

Politically speaking, Russia and India would do a LOT for us. Israel would probably give quite a few Magach 7 tanks and older Merkava Tanks as well as a fleet of F-15s because we'd be there,

Back