Starting a Sovereign Nation?

Their forces would not be under Buehrish control. They would be under their respective nation's control. Those nations would supply and train our troops partially in return for the bases.
We are clearly on a different train of thought.

I am on the train of thought that says, if a nation provides millions of dollars of support, they expect to get something of equal value in return.

I do not see that you offer them anything that is worth the outlay that you are expecting from them. Israel is far more worried about incidents in the middle east. Russia does not have the money to expand without control. And India has worries on both borders. None of those nations will supply you simply to have a presence along an isolate portion of the south pacific.

And if push came to shove, Australia would step up and ruin your plans.

I am on the train of thought that says, if a nation provides millions of dollars of support, they expect to get something of equal value in return.

I do not see that you offer them anything that is worth the outlay that you are expecting from them. Israel is far more worried about incidents in the middle east. Russia does not have the money to expand without control. And India has worries on both borders. None of those nations will supply you simply to have a presence along an isolate portion of the south pacific.

And if push came to shove, Australia would step up and ruin your plans.
UN Charter: Article 2(4) makes it illegal for nations such as Australia to intervene, technically the nation that is being seceded from can't legally annex it back. Russia is willing to do anythingto become powerful again. Especially somewhat near Australia. Two Bases is almost equivalent.

Well, Israel will do many things for us as we want to help them out and we have Jewish members. India is retiring many ships in the time we would be starting, most importantly, the INS Viraat. It's an old carrier. I have people already for training. Officers in the US Army and Marines.

An aircraft carrier?? Did you see the cost of just 12 F15s?? $350 million! Add in the maintenance cost of a carrier, the fuel to run it, and the several thousand you need to provide crew, and you have an impossible task for a small island with only lumber as an export, and the tourism business of a novelty royal family.

You have a population of 40k. Of that, probably 30% are able to serve in the military. That gives you 12,000 people as a military force. And you tell us you will take a 3rd of your entire force to crew an aircraft carrier?? (assuming you can train 4,000)

So you put half of your aircraft and a 3rd of your military personnel on the carrier. One torpedo takes out the entire thing?

UN Charter: Article 2(4) makes it illegal for nations such as Australia to intervene, technically the nation that is being seceded from can't legally annex it back. Russia is willing to do anythingto become powerful again. Especially somewhat near Australia. Two Bases is almost equivalent.

So your plan hinges on Russia ignoring UN rules, and everyone else following them?

2 bases is almost equivalent of what?? $100 million to have a presence in a little trafficked and mostly deserted section of the world?

And if you are building a military that involves a fleet of F15s, tanks, ships, aircraft carrier ect ect, you can bet Australia will have something to say. Add to that, the sovereign nation you created was basically co-opted by foreigners, run by outside military, and dependent on them, and you have a recipe for UN intervention. Either that or Australia will say "You cannot have a Russian/Indian military presence so close to us", and then react to your takeover. If Australia pushes you, the US will back them.

More of a Defense Force mate. Small one at that. Also, The Carrier was a joke... I guess it didn't sound jokingly.

A fleet of F15s is not a small force. And since a dozen F15s cost somewhere around $350 million, it isn't cheap either. I think you need to have more than a few jewish members and undying support for Israel to get that sort of a gift.

So your plan hinges on Russia ignoring UN rules, and everyone else following them?

2 bases is almost equivalent of what?? $100 million to have a presence in a little trafficked and mostly deserted section of the world?

And if you are building a military that involves a fleet of F15s, tanks, ships, aircraft carrier ect ect, you can bet Australia will have something to say. Add to that, the sovereign nation you created was basically co-opted by foreigners, run by outside military, and dependent on them, and you have a recipe for UN intervention. Either that or Australia will say "You cannot have a Russian/Indian military presence so close to us", and then react to your takeover. If Australia pushes you, the US will back them.
Russia would be following UN rules though... They'd be embracing a new nation actually, which looks good to some. Australia really does not want to get into a conflict... with Gillard in charge they definitely won't.

A fleet of F15s is not a small force. And since a dozen F15s cost somewhere around $350 million, it isn't cheap either. I think you need to have more than a few jewish members and undying support for Israel to get that sort of a gift.
Honestly, we would take the cheapest yet viable aircraft they have as F-15s are overpriced. You'd swear it's French equipment it is so spendy :)

You still have not explained how thisis all funded. The only export you have mentioned is lumber.

I am sure plenty of nations want a presence in the most desolate reaches of the south Pacific. But how do you intend to pay for the infrastructure? What industry do you intend to have that will give the 40k population a living wage? And what sort of income do you plan to have to pay for the royals living like royalty, the military force, and all the imported people you have talked about? Who will pay for the roads, powerlines, importing of foods, and the other expenses that come with living on an isolated island?

Well, Foreign aid is a large factor. But most stuff is funded via fundraising by the people(That's how they do it now), And we would not change the currency.

Yes, and we are expecting strong support from India or Russia. We have something they'd be interested in. So militarily, we expect them to supply us very cheaply if not free. As for the things you listed, covered.

FREE? You expect anything, much less MILITARY EQUIPMENT for free? From RUSSIA, a nations whose economy depends on selling military hardware?

And even if it was free, who would maintain it? You need a 10-1 ratio of support staff to combat troops. You only have 40,000 to work with at the start.

FREE? You expect anything, much less MILITARY EQUIPMENT for free? From RUSSIA, a nations whose economy depends on selling military hardware?

And even if it was free, who would maintain it? You need a 10-1 ratio of support staff to combat troops. You only have 40,000 to work with at the start.
Honestly, again, We would be having a very small defense force. We would not need to much equipment. I am thinking more India and Israel over Russia honestly. Also, Two military bases abroad in a strategic location are very important to those nations. They'd do more than you think.

More of a Defense Force mate. Small one at that. Also, The Carrier was a joke... I guess it didn't sound jokingly.

Again, to defend from what? Out of 40,000 even with 10% enlisted, that's 4,000 men. With the 10-1 ratio I mentioned that's about 400 combat troops. 400 poorly trained, poorly lead, poorly equipped combat troops. That's not even a full company

Again, to defend from what? Out of 40,000 even with 10% enlisted, that's 4,000 men. With the 10-1 ratio I mentioned that's about 400 combat troops. 400 poorly trained, poorly lead, poorly equipped combat troops. That's not even a full company
They'd help with disaster relief and sorts. Almost the same role as the Irish Defense Force.

Back