Starting a Sovereign Nation?

Honestly, I'd go in enlisted, at the very bottom. So I would be working for my living.
It's really a matter of politics, I won't tell you exactly, but it is in the Oceania area.

We would have a military though, actually we plan to be very active militarily in peacekeeping. I'm saying the nation the secession is taking place from lacks a military.
I worked on 4 senators/congressional campaigns and am a Grassroots leader at a Super-PAC. Besides the point, I'm educated on political matters.

Political matters are great. But running a country takes a lot of knowledge of getting things done from the bottom up. Is the infrastructure in decent shape? Are the roads, power grids, industrial assets and natural resources capable of supporting the population?

Political matters are great. But running a country takes a lot of knowledge of getting things done from the bottom up. Is the infrastructure in decent shape? Are the roads, power grids, industrial assets and natural resources capable of supporting the population?
Yes, and we are expecting strong support from India or Russia. We have something they'd be interested in. So militarily, we expect them to supply us very cheaply if not free. As for the things you listed, covered.

An Island to be exact.

So we would have to have everything brought in via freighter ships or aircraft? Which means the fluctuating prices of oil will immediately hit the cost of everything.

Is there any industry there? How will the nation support itself?

Is it on one of the many fault lines that are all around the Pacific? Has there been any nuclear testing in the area?

Yes, and we are expecting strong support from India or Russia. We have something they'd be interested in. So militarily, we expect them to supply us very cheaply if not free. As for the things you listed, covered.

Support from Russia and India, and yet you will be instantly recognized as a sovereign nation?

What is this that two major nations would be so interested in that they would supply your military for free?

They did not have nuclear testing that effected them. It has Tsunamis and cyclones occasionally, Our main export would be lumber. We would get a lot of income from tourists, a new nation tends to do that. To start off, we will rely on foreign nations for support until we get the economy up and running. I am fully confident that India or Russia will help us out. It would be via Freight and Aircraft, but yet again, it would be mostly covered for what we are supplying the importers with.

Support from Russia and India, and yet you will be instantly recognized as a sovereign nation?

What is this that two major nations would be so interested in that they would supply your military for free?

Russia is looking to get a military presence in the Pacific area, India is looking to influence also. We would offer them the chance to build two bases on our island.

They did not have nuclear testing that effected them. It has Tsunamis and cyclones occasionally, Our main export would be lumber. We would get a lot of income from tourists, a new nation tends to do that. To start off, we will rely on foreign nations for support until we get the economy up and running. I am fully confident that India or Russia will help us out. It would be via Freight and Aircraft, but yet again, it would be mostly covered for what we are supplying the importers with.

Lumber is a resource that quickly runs out. Given that you will expect these nations to be spending major money on the new country, harvesting will have to be substantial. It takes years to grow the replacement timber.

Russia is looking to get a military presence in the Pacific area, India is looking to influence also. We would offer them the chance to build two bases on our island.

So you will give Russia and India bases on this island? And then the military will be equipped with weapons given by them. The infrastructure will be funded by them. And when the shit hits the fan, you don't think they will take the island for their own?

Lumber is a resource that quickly runs out. Given that you will expect these nations to be spending major money on the new country, harvesting will have to be substantial. It takes years to grow the replacement timber.

We know this, which is why we expect to not use Lumber to much nor export too much, we plan to have light taxes on personal income and 35% tax on commercial businesses. That is modeled after Monaco and look at how well they are doing. We also plan to model after Germany, some government run businesses like Telephone Carriers.

So you will give Russia and India bases on this island? And then the military will be equipped with weapons given by them. The infrastructure will be funded by them. And when the shit hits the fan, you don't think they will take the island for their own?
We also think we can get Israel. Two of our members are Jewish and we'd stick with Israel through thick and thin. As for when the SHTF. We would let them use those bases in conflicts they may have. they would have no reason to do so. Considering the international backlash they'd face.

We know this, which is why we expect to not use Lumber to much nor export too much, we plan to have light taxes on personal income and 35% tax on commercial businesses. That is modeled after Monaco and look at how well they are doing. We also plan to model after Germany, some government run businesses like Telephone Carriers.

May I ask how old you are?

I'm about 17, honestly, I may be young, but I have far more experience in politics than most and have the knowledge. We dont plan to put this plan into rotation for another 6 years anyways.

I worked on 4 senators/congressional campaigns and am a Grassroots leader at a Super-PAC. Besides the point, I'm educated on political matters.

You worked on 4 congressional campaigns and you are a grassroots leader at a Super-PAC? At the ripe old age of 17?

Back