Starving In Ohio - No Meat To Eat

No it's not. It's cheaper to buy in season fruits and veggies. Protein on sale.

I tend to agree. If you eat three times a day at McD's it's gonna cost you at least $15/day. I can eat much more wholesome and balanced diet for less than that by cooking it myself.

A lot of obesity is due to ignorance of good nutrition.

I tend to agree. If you eat three times a day at McD's it's gonna cost you at least $15/day. I can eat much more wholesome and balanced diet for less than that by cooking it myself.

A lot of obesity is due to ignorance of good nutrition.
Or by choice. Many people do not "like" food that is good for you.

Or by choice. Many people do not "like" food that is good for you.

True to an extent though a lot of that is poor preparation. Most people I know would be repulsed at the idea of eating liver but I can make several real tasty dishes from it and as long as I don't tell anyone it's liver it ussually gets eaten.

It's cheaper to eat poorly - McDonalds, etc - than it is to cook for yourself. There's no surprise why poor people are often so over weight. They have a terrible diet. They're not starving. They eat poorly.

It is lazier to eat prepared foods. It is also what the tube and corporate America tells us to do.

everyone eating as they should and preparing their own foods would cause an economic collapse by itself.
but the price of real food would probable go up at least by a factor of 4 based on demand.

then good spending and credit habits would cause another one.

Our current economy is built on laziness and wastefulness.

True to an extent though a lot of that is poor preparation. Most people I know would be repulsed at the idea of eating liver but I can make several real tasty dishes from it and as long as I don't tell anyone it's liver it ussually gets eaten.

lver is very good , for catfish bait which I like to eat :)

Liver might not be too healthy for ya since it is the bodies filter and catches and accumulates toxins , heavy metals and such I think.

At least that is how I rationalize not eating liver :)

Liver might not be too healthy for ya since it is the bodies filter and catches and accumulates toxins , heavy metals and such I think.

You like to eat Catfish bait?

You like to eat catfish bait?:eek:

Livers very good for you. It's absolutely loaded with b-vitamins, essential minerals and complete proteins. It's also very low in fat, unless you eat an alcoholic steer or chicken.

Besides, the liver doesn't store the toxins. It metabolizes organic toxins and chelates inorganic ones. Both of which are then excreted via the feces or urine.

OK guys sorry there had a minute attack of Topspinneritis and that came out wrong :D

Nope I hate liver , which is the bait, but I love a good fried Channel Catfish.

Liver sucks. Feels like it was already chewed once and then put back together for us to chew again. It smells REALLY good when it is cooking, but that is not enough to get me to eat it.

Posted On NPR.

Another blah blah story of how bad it is, that they cannot afford meat.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92592545

LOL

But look at the photo that NPR used, the two fatties are starving because of the economy. Looks like neither one of them has missed a meal lately.

View attachment 23

I no it's difficult for you to understand this, but fatness is usually a sign of poverty in America. All of our cheapest foods are also the most calorie-rich. There aren't many literal cases of Ethiopian starvation here but there aren't many cases of Ethiopian starvation in Ethiopia either.

It's cheaper to eat poorly - McDonalds, etc - than it is to cook for yourself. There's no surprise why poor people are often so over weight. They have a terrible diet. They're not starving. They eat poorly.

Bullshit! You can buy frozen or canned vegetables far cheaper than you can buy McDonalds.

Bullshit! You can buy frozen or canned vegetables far cheaper than you can buy McDonalds.

You can't buy vegetables that aren't fried at McDonalds. Your comparison is stupid. And so are you.

Unless you want to suggest that poor people should be vegetarians, the point of the story is valid - meat is very expensive, and its' getting more expensive because of a lot of economic factors that are probably far above your level of comprehension since you seem to think McDonalds and canned vegetables are comparable.

Turns out these girls rely on food stamps for their food anyway, so they don't even eat fast food. They probably already buy frozen vegetables.

Back