Superdelegate thing is sickening

John Mccain would be the next president if this happens .. and democrats will lose seats in the House and Senate that would have easily been theirs to win.

It would be a while before I'd vote Democrat again.

A move like this would turn me off to politics for a pretty long time.

John Mccain would be the next president if this happens .. and democrats will lose seats in the House and Senate that would have easily been theirs to win.

I know. Which is why I find this amusing. Surely the Dems understand this and won't be stupid enough to let this happen.... then again, they were dumb enough to be "tricked" by Bush.... so you never know.

I know. Which is why I find this amusing. Surely the Dems understand this and won't be stupid enough to let this happen.... then again, they were dumb enough to be "tricked" by Bush.... so you never know.
What will happen is they'll acquiesce and vote as the electorate want so that they can retain the same power later.

I agree with you .. but I doubt if even they could be this stupid.

For assurances, there is great debate going on as we speak within the Democratic Party about this impending tragedy. This is going to work against Clinton in the long run.

I agree with you .. but I doubt if even they could be this stupid.

For assurances, there is great debate going on as we speak within the Democratic Party about this impending tragedy. This is going to work against Clinton in the long run.

You never know. Just when you think they have done something dumb (Gore) and can sink to no lower level of stupidity, they do (Kerry).

That said, I hope you are correct that they are smart enough to see the writing on the wall. Because I want Hillary gone. I do not want her having any chance of getting the Presidency. Even if that means McCain has a much much tougher fight.

Ergo, I was not talking to Onceler or to you, was I?

Okay, then you are talking to the wall I guess. This thread was about onceler complaining about the process and advocating that it now be allowed to thwart the will of the people.

Does everybody have to take every fascetious comment seriously and pretend it is about them when it was clearly pointed out that it was about the candidates who wanted to change rules? What is up with you of late? You think I'm attacking you even when I'm not talking to or about you for some reason.

I am fucking with you while trying to get you to see that "whining" is a damn good thing and part of the process. It's obvious to me here that this is a continuation of your wrongheaded ideas expressed in the "treaty vs mj machines" thread.

Yes, and suggesting exactly what will be done from inaction. Just going "Hey! That's not fair!" but willing to vote exactly as they have always done... inaction.

For many, voting as they have done is not voting at all.

I believe this threat will be taken real seriously by the party insiders.

You never know. Just when you think they have done something dumb (Gore) and can sink to no lower level of stupidity, they do (Kerry).

That said, I hope you are correct that they are smart enough to see the writing on the wall. Because I want Hillary gone. I do not want her having any chance of getting the Presidency. Even if that means McCain has a much much tougher fight.

I'd say that mirrors the sentiments of most Americans.

If the Democratic Party does this, I'm votimng for McKinney, even if that means having McCain as the president.

Okay, then you are talking to the wall I guess. This thread was about onceler complaining about the process and advocating that it now be allowed to thwart the will of the people.

I am fucking with you while trying to get you to see that "whining" is a damn good thing and part of the process. It's obvious to me here that this is a continuation of your wrongheaded ideas expressed in the "treaty vs mj machines" thread.
I like pointing out useless whining is useless. However my point was fascetious from the start and I repeatedly told you so. But heck, we all know I am willing to take a position that isn't mine in debate. It's good practice.

Now, again. Whining only will get you nowhere. It's something you should have learned in Kindergarten.

As for my "wrongheaded ideas" your point to not participate because it is "evil" was worthless. How's it been working for you? I notice not one of our freedoms seem to be flowing through your inaction. The Libertarian party gets smaller each year because of the worthless inanity and their inability to recognize reality or understand human nature.

To get back to the original premise, I actually don't think the SD's would overturn the will of the voters.

They're elected officials, and - dumb as some of them may be - they likely understand the dynamics of turnout. Anyone running on a Dem ticket has to understand that a candidate Hillary would galvanize an otherwise listless & depressed GOP base to get out & vote; even if Hillary still eked out a win, it will hurt chances for Dem representatives all across the country.

She's leading in SD's right now, but I think she's tapped out; they probably lobbied everyone who they'll be able to lobby at this point. I would expect the rest to go w/ the tide, and even some others to change their minds...

I like pointing out useless whining is useless. However my point was fascetious from the start and I repeatedly told you so. But heck, we all know I am willing to take a position that isn't mine in debate. It's good practice.

Now, again. Whining only will get you nowhere. It's something you should have learned in Kindergarten.

As for my "wrongheaded ideas" your point to not participate because it is "evil" was worthless. How's it been working for you? I notice not one of our freedoms seem to be flowing through your inaction. The Libertarian party gets smaller each year because of the worthless inanity and their inability to recognize reality or understand human nature.

Damo, I clearly rejected as wrong the argument that we legitimize the process by participating. I simply said it was better than your argument.

I really don't care about the LP much more than I care about the GOP or Dems. The LP is on tough times, largely because they tried to appeal to those who said they need to understand "human nature." Seems those people were just talking shit as an excuse to justfy their continued support of neocons and big government. The crazies were more active, but now they are pissed.

The libertarian movement was hurting because of 9/11 and getting to cozy with crooked Repubs. But things are looking much better now.

Damo, I clearly rejected as wrong the argument that we legitimize the process by participating. I simply said it was better than your argument.

I really don't care about the LP much more than I care about the GOP or Dems. The LP is on tough times, largely because they tried to appeal to those who said they need to understand "human nature." Seems those people were just talking shit as an excuse to justfy their continued support of neocons and big government. The crazies were more active, but now they are pissed.

The libertarian movement was hurting because of 9/11 and getting to cozy with crooked Repubs. But things are looking much better now.
LOL. Only because there is a large movement to not elect a crazy to run for Pres again. But heck, I voted for that crazy.

No, the crazies are pissed about the platform which was stripped to be more appealing to "human nature." Those who said they would participate more if it was have not stepped up (me included).

No, the crazies are pissed about the platform which was stripped to be more appealing to "human nature." Those who said they would participate more if it was have not stepped up (me included).
Except the theme this year is to not adopt the crazies to run. I don't know what you are hearing, but the platform isn't "upped" and last election it certainly wasn't stripped. Badnarick spent more time talking about how "unconstitutional" Driver's licenses are and why he never had one than he did about any of the real issues of the day. He was a nut, and people like him are what make the L party a joke and why people like RP leave.

The goal isn't to "strip" the platform, it is to put forward people who have more appeal than the nuts.

But we do legitimize the process by participating. COntinually choosing the "lesser" of two evils at various levels means you end up supporting someone who may vaguely represent your views. The process is broken. Just say no.

But we do legitimize the process by participating. COntinually choosing the "lesser" of two evils at various levels means you end up supporting someone who may vaguely represent your views. The process is broken. Just say no.
Active members of the party can easily be overwhelmed by those who feel the process is bad and want to change it.

Excusing it because you don't want to work to change the process and/or are too lazy to pay attention before you suddenly realize the process is "this" and calling it "legitimizing" the process therefore is a weak excuse.

If you are a Democrat and you don't like this, get a group together to work to change the process you want to "delegitimize". At this point the only choice you have is to "not vote" and thus "not legitimize" that process. How many of those people who are complaining are willing to take even that step?

Back