Suspended for not standing for pledge!

Stop being stupid.
Stop equating agreement to intelligence.

It is preposterous to say inane stereotypical blather like, "Cons like being told what to do!"

It's trash and unintelligent. It is hypocritical and lazy. And IMO, you are more intelligent than you allow for yourself by repeating such inanities.

The reality is, they are not forcing the kid to pledge to anything they are simply asking him to show respect for his fellow students and teachers and it is something we all learned as kids.

Pretending that this post was worth your clear intelligence isn't something that I plan on doing. I know you are far better than this inane ad hominem pretense where everybody must agree with you or they are "stupid".

You said they "requested" him to stand, I said they demanded and ordered him to stand.

You disagree?

If he's not ordered to stand to feign patriotism .. why is he ordered to stand at the pledge?

Your right-wing is showing.
I didn't say "requested" in answer to your post. I used the word from the first post.

They demand that he show respect for his fellow students. I see nothing wrong with the demand to show respect for something else other than just yourself.

I didn't say "requested" in answer to your post. I used the word from the first post.

They demand that he show respect for his fellow students.

What the fuck are you yammering about? Standing for the pledge has nothing to do with their fellow students.
Stop lying. You look so stupid.

I really think they should allow him to sit during the pledge. I said the pledge but never said the words under God when ohters did. To make him stand is so that the ohter kids dont realize he is not participating. I see nothing wrong with allowing him to sit quietly. that is NOT a disruption. They want him to pretend for the other students and to me that is wrong. He should be allowed to sit quietly during the pledge.

When people are praying, do you simply talk over them, refuse to act respectfully for that activity, reject standing if they ask?

I simply stand quietly until the prayer is over. Why? Because I respect the people and their beliefs even when I don't believe myself. In my opinion this is the same type of thing. And the school teacher was simply requesting he show respect for others. The principal suspending him, was IMO, a demand that he respect the request of the teacher.

What the fuck are you yammering about? Standing for the pledge has nothing to do with their fellow students.
Stop lying. You look so stupid.
Excuse me?

This has to be the absolute most disingenuous pap I have ever seen typed by you. It is total garbage and you know it. It's like a four your old 'You're a dum-dum head!' when people don't do what you want them to.

This has to be the absolute weakest, sad, total crap I have seen from a poster I respect in a long, long, long time.

Stop equating agreement to intelligence.

It is preposterous to say inane stereotypical blather like, "Cons like being told what to do!"

It's trash and unintelligent. It is hypocritical and lazy. And IMO, you are more intelligent than you allow for yourself by repeating such inanities.

The reality is, they are not forcing the kid to pledge to anything they are simply asking him to show respect for his fellow students and teachers and it is something we all learned as kids.

Pretending that this post was worth your clear intelligence isn't something that I plan on doing. I know you are far better than this inane ad hominem pretense where everybody must agree with you or they are "stupid".

Cons love to be told what to do, and they become very fearful when there is no one around to tell them what to do. This is why they tend to support authoritarian personalities and do not question authority.

Fact.

And your “argument” that these kids weren’t being told to stand, and pressured to recite the pledge, but rather were “being taught to respect their fellow students’ is absurd on its face, and in fact, you’re lying.

What a steaming pile of horseshit. Sure, it would be nice if the kid would stand and be "respectful" towards the United States. But he doesn't want to. Why should he be forced to do so?

You clearly are incapable of reading. It is showing respect for other PEOPLE, not the United States. As Damo mentioned in his Russian analogy.... would you stand out of respect for the Russian people or would you sit like a petulent child? Your standing would have nothing to do with respecting Russia or acknowledging their anthem. It is respect. Something so clearly lacking in many on the left.

Excuse me?

This has to be the absolute most disingenuous pap I have ever seen typed by you. It is total garbage and you know it.

I’ll let others judge who is being the liar here.

Kids were suspended for not standing during the pledge, and you are arguing that they were suspended for not respecting their fellow students.

Your argument is so absurd, I’m not even going to bother going on your usual 100 post bullshit ride, at the end of which you will claim you never said that.

You’re so exposed here, it’s not even a question.

They demand that he show respect for his fellow students. I see nothing wrong with the demand to show respect for something else other than just yourself.

Yes, you did.

"Nobody requested he SAY the pledge, they requested he stand."

Get real.

It's not a pledge to the other students, it's a pledge to the flag.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with "showing respect for something other than yourself" as you have no clue how respectful the student may be in his life.

This is about saluting the flag period.

At least attempt to argue the issue on its truth .. although I do understand the difficulty in doing so.

Last edited:
You said they "requested" him to stand, I said they demanded and ordered him to stand.

You disagree?

If he's not ordered to stand to feign patriotism .. why is he ordered to stand at the pledge?

Your right-wing is showing.

Why are they "ordered" to sit at an assembly? Why are they "ordered" to sit when in class? Oh yeah, out of respect for their classmates.

I’ll let others judge who is being the liar here.

Kids were suspended for not standing during the pledge, and you are arguing that they were suspended for not respecting their fellow students.

Your argument is so absurd, I’m not even going to bother going on your usual 100 post bullshit ride, at the end of which you will claim you never said that.

You’re so exposed here, it’s not even a question.
Your "you're a dum-dum-head!" posts deserve no other response than repeating the fact that I usually respect what you say, but in this case you are just sad.

Get real.

It's not a pledge to the other students, it's a pledge to the flag.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with "showing respect for something other than yourself" as you have no clue how respectful the student may be in his life.

This is about saluting the flag period.

At least attempt to argue the issue on its truth .. although I do understand the difficulty in doing so.
They don't order him to say the pledge or anything. They requested he act respectfully to others, he refused the principal then used his authority to demand he act respectfully toward the teacher who requested him to act respectfully toward others.

Cons love to be told what to do, and they become very fearful when there is no one around to tell them what to do. This is why they tend to support authoritarian personalities and do not question authority.

Fact.

And your “argument” that these kids weren’t being told to stand, and pressured to recite the pledge, but rather were “being taught to respect their fellow students’ is absurd on its face, and in fact, you’re lying.

What a crock of shit. Quite funny coming from someone who believes the government should hold our hands throughout our lives and take care of us so that we don't have to be responsible for ourselves in any way. More social programs!!! yeah!!!

You clearly are incapable of reading. It is showing respect for other PEOPLE, not the United States. As Damo mentioned in his Russian analogy.... would you stand out of respect for the Russian people or would you sit like a petulent child? Your standing would have nothing to do with respecting Russia or acknowledging their anthem. It is respect. Something so clearly lacking in many on the left.

The teacher was demanding conformity under threat of suspension for the student, who is required by law to be in the school in the first place (as opposed to voluntarily traveling to Russia, the Western Wall or the First Pentecostal Church). How this is a matter of showing respect for other students and teachers is beyond me.

The pledge isn't a exercise in showing respect for students and teachers, it's an affirmation of allegiance to the United States of America. Quietly sitting while others stand and recite the pledge is not disrespectful to anyone anywhere.

Speaking of respect, perhaps you conformist automatons ought to respect the rights of the student to sit quietly by while the pledge is recited by those who wish to participate.

He didn't have to. All he had to do was stand.
I have to go with the right wing on this , it is a matter of order and discipline to stand and sit when told to in school.
Stating the pledge or putting you hand on your heart, wearing a flag lapel pin, etc are different issues.

Why are they "ordered" to sit at an assembly? Why are they "ordered" to sit when in class? Oh yeah, out of respect for their classmates.

That's ridiculous, and like Damo, you have to make up a reason for the order in spite of the all-too obvious that he was ordered to stand for the flag, not other students.

Was he talking while they were reciting the pledge?

I have to go with the right wing on this , it is a matter of order and discipline to stand and sit when told to in school.
Stating the pledge or putting you hand on your heart, wearing a flag lapel pin, etc are different issues.
I agree. Attempting to force the kid to pledge or anything would be far out of line.

What a steaming pile of horseshit. Sure, it would be nice if the kid would stand and be "respectful" towards the United States. But he doesn't want to. Why should he be forced to do so?

Not respect for the USA respect for the authority of the teacher. the standing and sitting on command part only.

Back