Tales of the gun

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
The FBI's Crime in the United States estimated that 68% of the 16,929 murders in 2007 were committed with firearms.

The FBI's Crime in the United States estimated that 68% of the 16,929 murders in 2007 were committed with firearms.

And the same agencies would tell you that 100% of cocaine, marijuana, LSD and heroin busts involved illegal drugs.

We can't stop them and we can't stop hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants. What makes any rational person think banning guns would do anything except disarm the law abiding citizens?

Who said anything about banning guns?

Given the number of posts you have made ridiculing gun owners, it appears you are in favor of banning guns.

Are you or are you not? If you don't answer questions, we are left to make assumptions based on your posts. And those have been decidedly anti-gunowner.

now how the fuck did you get that in your scatterbrained head? if gun control laws don't work, why make more of them?

Not much point in my trying to give you an answer. You are way to stupid to comprehend. However, if your shed leaks water do you chuck it or fix it?
Laws are usually the result of discussion and debate by people a lot brighter than you are. They are frequently enacted by people who couldn't manage a fruit barrow let alone be efficient law enforcers.
Spin as you will, dear boy. You will get dizzy, the rest of us will be immensely amused.

Bullets flew In New York City over the Memorial Day weekend, leaving eight people dead of gun violence during the unofficial beginning of the summer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/05/31/2011-05-31_families_torn_apart_in_spate_of_violence.html

A 20-year-old man was arrested early Tuesday after an apparent accidental shooting, Colorado Springs police said.

Officers were called to a home in the 1200 block of Delaware Drive just after midnight and found a 19-year-old victim with a gunshot wound to the chest. He and the alleged gunman, Joseph Sanchez, were roommates, police said.

The victim suffered serious injuries and was taken to an area hospital.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/year-118978-old-arrested.html#ixzz1NwmdIeJN

22-year-old Ardese Day of Columbus, Georgia has been released on bond, charged with involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct in the death of his childhood friend, 28-year-old George McGhee.

Ardese and George got together to watch an NBA playoff game.

Ardese was carrying a .38-caliber revolver in a holster.

He has a concealed weapons permit for the gun.

As he was seated on a couch, the gun was pressing against his hip so he took the holster off.

Both Ardese and George handled the loaded weapon.

As Ardese was handing the gun to George he unintentionally discharged the weapon, striking George in the chest.

George died…

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2011/05/28/1596389/man-released-on-bond-in-accidental.html

The estimates are that there are 60 million legal gun owners in the country. (that excludes felons)

If there gun related murders were all committed by legal gun owners (and we know that ain't true), that means 99.981% of gun owners didn't kill anyone. But then, that doesn't make as shocking a story, does it?

How about we punish those who commit crimes rather than punishing those who have the capability of doing so.

Why is Europe so much smarter than us, they are able to have murder rates 4x lower than ours.

Are we really that Alabubba?

Why is Europe so much smarter than us, they are able to have murder rates 4x lower than ours.

Are we really that Alabubba?

Have you not grown tired of this over-simplified statement yet, cajutard?

First, when they had guns throughout their population, most of Europe still had drastically lower murder rates than the US. So their gun bans didn't do as much as you like to think.

You also ignore Switzerland, which has higher rates of gun ownership, per capita, than the US. They also have lower murder rates than France or England. Why is that, Topper? If the number of guns = the number of murders, why does Switzerland have almost half of what the UK has, as far as murders per capita?

Never underestimate the pacifying effect of cuckoo clocks and Toblerones.

I would have thought it would be quite the opposite. If I had to listen to more than one cuckoo clock in a day, I would be more likely to go on a murderous rampage.

And the chocolate? Put a woman on her period and give her a gun, chocolatiers all over should be afraid.

I would have thought it would be quite the opposite. If I had to listen to more than one cuckoo clock in a day, I would be more likely to go on a murderous rampage.

And the chocolate? Put a woman on her period and give her a gun, chocolatiers all over should be afraid.

But you are not a Swiss and therefore your non-Swiss brain is not genetically programmed to release serotonin upon hearing the artificial tweeting of any bird-based timepiece.

The Swiss mountains have been both a protection and a terrible, terrible curse.

Back