That 'C'-Word Thang

Jesus gets a pass on that though. YOu don't believe YOU got to hell and Lucifer/Satan tortures you. Sort of a extraordinary celestial rendition.
Ah, but then Bush gets a pass too. You don't believe and you go someplace else and somebody other than he tortures you...

No. Referring to closet gay rightwingers, such as Larry Craig, Ted Haggard, or You, as senoritas or chicas is mildly amusing, but hardly inflammatory.

While I agree the above is not a big deal... it is hardly inflamatory to YOU (and me). To me the word being discussed isn't any worse than a woman calling a guy a prick.... the only difference is many women get offended by the word. So it really just comes down to how much of a prick a guy wants to be in deciding whether or not to use it.

While I agree the above is not a big deal... it is hardly inflamatory to YOU (and me). To me the word being discussed isn't any worse than a woman calling a guy a prick.... the only difference is many women get offended by the word. So it really just comes down to how much of a prick a guy wants to be in deciding whether or not to use it.
Wouldn't the better one be the one that also means rooster? It seems more equitable.

Ah, but then Bush gets a pass too. You don't believe and you go someplace else and somebody other than he tortures you...
LOL How did I know that you would make this connection. I was going to but then I thought that you or some other smarty would come up with it.

LOL

There's no pseudo-intellectual or faux literary justification for using that word in public or with strangers. Give it up dude. It's a word only oafs and cretins use in the public domain.

Yes but this is America and he has the right to be as cretin as he wants to be!
I question the maturity of anyone who is offended by a word.

My oppinion on this matter (as if it matters):

With freedom of speech, you can say whatever you want (with exception of when it does damage to an individual or business and it is a lie). Saying 'cunt' is legal, however, it doesn't mean that an individual with the same right to freedom of speech can not tell you how wrong it is and want you not to use it. Sure, you have that right, but we also have the right to show our displeasure with it.

I've learned that the word is probably the worst word you can call a women. If you want to use it, fine, but be prepared for a nasty response, and we can all watch as the fireworks go off!

With freedom of speech, you can say whatever you want (with exception of when it does damage to an individual or business and it is a lie). Saying 'cunt' is legal, however, it doesn't mean that an individual with the same right to freedom of speech can not tell you how wrong it is and want you not to use it. Sure, you have that right, but we also have the right to show our displeasure with it.

I've learned that the word is probably the worst word you can call a women. If you want to use it, fine, but be prepared for a nasty response, and we can all watch as the fireworks go off!

I once called a woman the name. This was a horrid woman. Nothing was off or out of bounds for her. She had very little, if any, humanity.

But, I’m a writer. Afterwards I was ashamed I couldn’t express myself in a better way. I shamed myself, not her. (though she was never capable of shame)

Frankly, if someone is comfortable using it, I really don’t care, because it makes them look bad, not the women they use it against.. Look at the two men who use it here. Gonzo and Asshat. That speaks for itself.

I once called a woman the name. This was a horrid woman. Nothing was off or out of bounds for her. She had very little, if any, humanity.

But, I’m a writer. Afterwards I was ashamed I couldn’t express myself in a better way. I shamed myself, not her. (though she was never capable of shame)

Frankly, if someone is comfortable using it, I really don’t care, because it makes them look bad, not the women they use it against.. Look at the two men who use it here. Gonzo and Asshat. That speaks for itself.

Shut up, cunt.:clink:

In the United States. From what I can tell (and perhaps this is a reflection more on me culturally than "class"-wise) Americans are much more offended by the word and more prone to consider it "misogynistic" than the rest of the English-speaking world.

I don't think anybody really gets "offended" by it. It's all false outrage and control. If they can tell you what you can say, then they control much more than just that.

But heck, I'm working from a place where I have never been "offended" by a word.

I don't think anybody really gets "offended" by it. It's all false outrage and control. If they can tell you what you can say, then they control much more than just that.

But heck, I'm working from a place where I have never been "offended" by a word.

That's just it. She's so mad that her anger has no effect.

Well, who would know what someone else is feeling better than you?

And isn't all outrage false outrage?

to right wingers, it is only pure rage that is real.

Well, who would know what someone else is feeling better than you?

And isn't all outrage false outrage?

to right wingers, it is only pure rage that is real.
Which is why I stated that I could be wrong because I come from a place where I have never been offended by a word spoken.

However, long ago I learned that sticks and stones may break my bones...

Back