The bible

Emulating the example of Jesus is a worthy goal whether or not one is xtian

For "Christians" it is IMPOSSIBLE to understand the idea that one can have a very good life by living according to the MESSAGE of Jesus even without necessarily believing he was God incarnate.

For many Christians the simpler message of "I got you, don't worry" is far more compelling than asking them to actually understand what he preached in regards to how we should live with each other.

That view point won't give you eternal life

Some of us don't care.

I'm more than happy to just end when I die. Of course when SOME brands of Christian hear that they pull out the big guns and start masturbating to the idea that I will roast in hell in agony. But I'm sure that's not you.

As an atheist I can even find value in "GRACE"! I see grace as an analogue to what we can do for each other. We are all imperfect beings prone to error and mistake and we can sometimes unintentionally (or even intentionally) hurt others with our actions. But if we are forebearant with each other and grant each other the "grace" of forgiving when they do something bad to us, knowing that one day we may do bad to them, is the best we can do.

We grant each other "grace" so that we may live together peacefully even given our imperfect nature. It's actually a great approach. Humility that lies at the heart of all soteriology. The knowledge that none of us have "earned" special priviliege.

You mean that doesn't agree with your spin as an atheist

Let me know when you read the Bible. You have so studiously avoided answering the simple question about ONE VERSE so I'm kinda sure you know next to nothing about your own faith. Are you that guy who says "Lord, Lord" in Matt 7:21?

(Sorry I keep throwing bible verses at you. I should give you time to go find a Bible and try reading it.)

Let me know when you read the Bible. You have so studiously avoided answering the simple question about ONE VERSE so I'm kinda sure you know next to nothing about your own faith. Are you that guy who says "Lord, Lord" in Matt 7:21?

(Sorry I keep throwing bible verses at you. I should give you time to go find a Bible and try reading it.)

I suppose you miss the irony of you playing Bible expert as an atheist!

It was the question you were answering. Go look back at the post.

I wish you knew more about the Bible.

So you're a Bible expert, and an atheist! Lol

It's quite doable. The definition of an expert, according to The American Heritage Dictionary:

noun A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject.

Source:
https://www.wordnik.com/words/expert

Based on a few of the things that I've seen Perry say here, I suspect that they are indeed quite knowledgeable on at least some parts of the bible. I think their referencing Sam 15:3 is a good example on how there are some truly vile actions done in the name of the Christian God.

It's quite doable. The definition of an expert, according to The American Heritage Dictionary:

noun A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject.

Source:
https://www.wordnik.com/words/expert

Based on a few of the things that I've seen Perry say here, I suspect that they are indeed quite knowledgeable on at least some parts of the bible. I think their referencing Sam 15:3 is a good example on how there are some truly vile actions done in the name of the Christian God.

If you claim to be a Bible expert ,but an atheist, you aren't an expert.
It would be like reading a manual on how to build a bicycle, but after reading the manual,you couldn't build a bicycle

Back