The bible

I probably attend church more frequently than you. I am positive I have attended more types of Christian services than you, running the spectrum from High Protestant, to Evangelical Protestant, to Unitarian, to Roman Catholic, to Eastern Orthodox.

What's really funny is that holy rollers claim I am an atheist, while militant atheists accuse me of being a bible thumper.

Doesn't mean you took any of them to heart. :dunno:

I'm a simple man. :dunno:

If you claim to be a Bible expert ,but an atheist, you aren't an expert.

I don't have to be an "expert" to know more than you do. And I believe I've crossed that line.

It would be like reading a manual on how to build a bicycle, but after reading the manual,you couldn't build a bicycle

Funny but you don't seem to have much of a grasp on Christianity. Perhaps you could read the Bible some time. Maybe it will help you understand what the faith is actually supposed to do.

Or not. I understand you're probably lazy but you aren't so lazy that you can't stand in the public square and pray loudly so that others may see you (oops, did it again, referenced a Bible verse. Wish you knew what I was referencing there. :). )

It's quite doable. The definition of an expert, according to The American Heritage Dictionary:

noun A person with a high degree of skill in or knowledge of a certain subject.

Source:
https://www.wordnik.com/words/expert

Based on a few of the things that I've seen Perry say here, I suspect that they are indeed quite knowledgeable on at least some parts of the bible. I think their referencing Sam 15:3 is a good example on how there are some truly vile actions done in the name of the Christian God.

If you claim to be a Bible expert ,but an atheist, you aren't an expert.
It would be like reading a manual on how to build a bicycle, but after reading the manual,you couldn't build a bicycle

Perry claims to have been a Christian in the past, so your analogy wouldn't apply. Furthermore, building a bike and riding one are 2 different skills. Knowing about christianity is not the same thing as knowing how to be a Christian that is accepted in a certain Christian sect and being comfortable with the boundaries that one must accept in order to fit into such an environment.

Ok palley ,how do you get this guy to Passover you at the Judgement?View attachment 23997View attachment 23998

LOL. I'd note that Luke 6:31 tells me that YOU don't want me to answer the question (because you won't answer mine). But I'm a better person than you are so I will answer for you:

You simply accept Jesus as your personal savior. You first accept that you are fallen and in need of salvation and then you accept that Jesus, homoisious with God. God grants us the "GRACE" of salvation, even though we don't deserve it.

All I need to do is accept Jesus as my lord and savior and accept his sacrifice.

So, now, tell me my score. Thanks. Make sure to mock my comments so that I know you are a "real" Christian.

LOL. I'd note that Luke 6:31 tells me that YOU don't want me to answer the question (because you won't answer mine). But I'm a better person than you are so I will answer for you:

You simply accept Jesus as your personal savior. You first accept that you are fallen and in need of salvation and then you accept that Jesus, homoisious with God. God grants us the "GRACE" of salvation, even though we don't deserve it.

All I need to do is accept Jesus as my lord and savior and accept his sacrifice.

So, now, tell me my score. Thanks. Make sure to mock my comments so that I know you are a "real" Christian.

So that's a no or yes to my question?

I don't have to be an "expert" to know more than you do. And I believe I've crossed that line.

Funny but you don't seem to have much of a grasp on Christianity. Perhaps you could read the Bible some time. Maybe it will help you understand what the faith is actually supposed to do.

Or not. I understand you're probably lazy but you aren't so lazy that you can't stand in the public square and pray loudly so that others may see you (oops, did it again, referenced a Bible verse. Wish you knew what I was referencing there. :). )

:wrongkiddo:

Doesn't mean you took any of them to heart. :dunno:

I'm a simple man. :dunno:
You have presumably read the Old Testament, but it didn't make you a Jew. Christians did not write the Old Testament, the TaNak is strictly a piece of Hebrew literature - and they might justifiably make the claim they understand it better than Christians, it's their book afterall.

I don't believe one has to become a practicing Confucian, Daoist, or Christian to read the Analects, the Zhuangzi, or the New Testament. In my opinion, any progress towards perceiving a higher truth comes with seeking knowledge in all it's forms.

Funny you select a picture of your lord and savior. Better let everyone know what a smart Christian you are!

So your inference is that Trump is my "Lord and Savior"? No. :nono: That's Jesus Christ, Son of God.

Now see, I don't go along with that "Lord and Savior" stuff, because God is my Lord, and Jesus is my Savior.

Furthermore you infer that because I posted a Trump emoji means I lack intelligence. What is your basis for this assertion?

Trump enters my mind about 1000% less than the TDS-afflicted such as yourself.

You have presumably read the Old Testament, but it didn't make you a Jew. Christians did not write the Old Testament, the TaNak is strictly a piece of Hebrew literature - and they might justifiably make the claim they understand it better than Christians, it's their book afterall.

I don't believe one has to become a practicing Confucian, Daoist, or Christian to read the Analects, the Zhuangzi, or the New Testament. In my opinion, any progress towards perceiving a higher truth comes with seeking knowledge in all it's forms.

Knowledge isn't salvation

So your inference is that Trump is my "Lord and Savior"? No. :nono: That's Jesus Christ, Son of God.

Uh huh. So you worship Trump to show Jesus how much you value things like the sanctity of marriage or the commandment against bearing false witness.

Furthermore you infer that because I posted a Trump emoji means I lack intelligence. What is your basis for this assertion?

Because you think Trump is a great president. You voted for him, probably twice. As such I know you are largely uneducated.

Trump enters my mind about 1000% less than the TDS-afflicted such as yourself.

I didn't post the picture of Trump. That was you. Do you often have difficulty differentiating between your own actions and those of others?

Back