The bible

I will stick with what Christianity teaches......

The Muslims think Jesus was a human prophet of God, and the Jews think Jesus was a human teacher of The Law.

So two out of the three Abrahamic monotheistic religions on the planet emphasis Jesus' humanity and don't consider him divine in nature.

I didn't realize popularity was the absolute measure of truth. Why aren't you MUSLIM now? There are about as many Muslims (1.97B) as Christians (2.2B)

So how can 50% of the earth get it so very, very, very wrong if it's so OBVIOUS?

(Certainly there are FAR more Muslims than there are people in your particular sect. So why do you continue to worship the wrong version of GOd?)
I do not believe popularity decides who is right......I do believe lack of popularity is a good indication when someone is wrong.....

The Muslims think Jesus was a human prophet of God, and the Jews think Jesus was a human teacher of The Law.

So two out of the three Abrahamic monotheistic religions on the planet emphasis Jesus' humanity and don't consider him divine in nature.

people can make their choices.......however, it is wrong to lie about what people believe......which you've done repeatedly.......

well, not counting Matthew 1:1 of course..........or Mark 1:1 .....and of course Luke 3

but yeah, except for all four of them, none of the gospels make the claim.....

The only Gospel where Jesus is presented as coequal and coeternal with God is John.

Jesus repeatedly refers to himself as the Son of Man in Mark, Mathew, and Luke. In the Jewish tradition, Son of Man is a powerful human acting with God's agency and sanction.

In the Jewish tradition, Son of God is generally thought of as a human infused with God's favor. King David was a Son of God.

There weren no claims that Jesus was God incarnate until the gospel of John, which seems to have been written at the end of the first century.

The earlier Synoptic gospels do not make the claim. They imply Jesus was a human based on the Jewish concepts of the Son of Man, or the Jewish concept of an adopted son of God.

The synoptic gospels were written earlier than John, and themselves seem to be based on even earlier but now lost written sources (Gospel of Q + sources L and M).

John does not seem to have been aware of, or did not use as source material, the Gospel of Mark or the Q source material.

All other things being equal, I am going to put more stock in the materiel written closer in time to the actual life and ministry of Jesus, aka the synoptics. Research prove that memories fade, and legend starts to creep in by three generations after the given events.

Again you ignore the Holy Spirit and depend on man

There weren no claims that Jesus was God incarnate until the gospel of John, which seems to have been written at the end of the first century.

The earlier Synoptic gospels do not make the claim. They imply Jesus was a human based on the Jewish concepts of the Son of Man, or the Jewish concept of an adopted son of God.

The synoptic gospels were written earlier than John, and themselves seem to be based on even earlier but now lost written sources (Gospel of Q + sources L and M).

John does not seem to have been aware of, or did not use as source material, the Gospel of Mark or the Q source material.

All other things being equal, I am going to put more stock in the materiel written closer in time to the actual life and ministry of Jesus, aka the synoptics. Research prove that memories fade, and legend starts to creep in by three generations after the given events.

FYI the same Holy Spirit available at the first Pentecost is available to you today!

So you're betting your soul that 2 out of 3 are right!

you can make a good argument of that if you ignore everything the other three gospels say......not sure if you can actually justify doing that, though.....

Incorrect.

The concept of a Jesus coeternal and coequal with God wasn't universally accepted Christian belief until after the Council of Niccea in the fourth century.

The fact that there was substantial debate in early Christianity about the nature of Jesus is a matter of basic history.

The Ebionite Christians thought Jesus was fully human.

The Marcionite Christians thought Jesus was fully God and zero percent human.

The Gnostic Christians thought there were two Gods.

The Nestorian Christians emphasized the humanity of Jesus over his divinity.

The proto-Orthodox thought Jesus was both fully God and fully human, and coeternal and coequal with God.

If the canon as crystal clear as you claim, there never would have been these different branches of early Christianity.

Last edited:
Incorrect.

The concept of a Jesus coeternal and coequal with God wasn't universally accepted Christian belief until after the Council of Niccea in the fourth century.

The fact that there was substantial debate in early Christianity about the nature of Jesus is a matter of basic history.

The Ebionite Christians thought Jesus was fully human.

The Marcionite Christians thought Jesus was fully God and zero percent human.

The Gnostic Christians thought there were two Gods.

The Nestorian Christians emphasized the humanity of Jesus over his divinity.

The proto-Orthodox thought Jesus was both fully God and fully human, and coeternal and coequal with God.

If the canon as crystal clear as you claim, there never would have been these different branches of early Christianity.

it was accepted by Christians.......it just wasn't accepted by the heretics......

John 4:26

Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”

The heretics of which you speak only became heretics when a heterodoxy developed. That took a long time because people had to make up the religion and then control it centrally. This is why there are so many gospels that didn’t get selected for the Bible but were really common in various places.

Yeah. The god of the Bible indicates he will forgive humans for offending him, but only if they first torture and kill his son.

I get that. But that is the how one will be saved.

I am still trying to figure out FROM WHAT do they have to be saved???
I suggest reading through the book of Romans. It answers the precise question that you are asking here.

Back