The bible

I don't know how you came to that conclusion given that you don't seem to even know what the Euthyphro Dilemma is and the other poster insisted on misstating it.

we've shown it to be a false dichotomy.......nothing else was required.......not sure why you're wasting time even talking about it........its meaningless drivel....

we've shown it to be a false dichotomy.......nothing else was required.......not sure why you're wasting time even talking about it........its meaningless drivel....

YOU have shown nothing, my friend. You have merely made claims it is a false dichotomy. It is abundantly clear you have no clue what it is about.

I recommend reading more about theology.

those who have read my posts know better....

I've read your posts. The real key is that I have some education so I know your posts are exactly worth nothing.

If you care to discuss Euthyphro you are going to have to up your game. Might want to start by learning how English actually works and that there are "periods", "commas" and other forms of punctuation.

Face it, you are pretty uneducated. You have, what, an associates degree AT MOST? It's clear from your writing and your limited thinking capabilities that you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed. This is why your attempts to discredit Christianity by witnessing against God continuously are bound to fail when someone can see through you.

the premise of his debate is that there are other gods who must be consulted as to what is "good".......obvioiusly a false dichotomy......

It does not really posit other "gods". It merely asks if God is good by His nature then clearly "good" as a concept exists independently of God. And that causes a lot of philosophical issues.

The whole point of Euthyphro is to question what is the nature of "Good". We all agree that God is good. But is God good because he "has to be" or because he "wants to be".

If he "has" to be good, who established what is good? If he "wants" to be good then it makes all "good" things simply arbitrary.

All religions make use of "circular logic" (argument of faith). That's not a logical fallacy, dude... Attempting to PROVE a circular argument is what is a fallacy.

i don't know a lot about religion,
because even before my adult life started,
it was pretty obvious to me that I didn't awaken each morning into a universe that bears any resemblance to the intelligent deign
of an omnipotent, benevolent deity.

What I do know is that circular logic doesn't get you good SAT grades.

It merely asks if God is good by His nature then clearly "good" as a concept exists independently of God.

a false premise......God is good by his nature......it does not require the approval or acceptance on the part of anyone.......it is simply a statement of incontrovertible fact......

But is God good because he "has to be" or because he "wants to be".

neither.....he is good because he IS.......he needs neither approval or desire......

a false premise......God is good by his nature

THAT IS THE EXACT THING I SAID WHEN REFERING TO THE FIRST HORN OF THE DILEMMA.

Hopefully you can see how frustrating your general ignorance is.

If god is "by his nature" Good then that means there is some external metric for what is "good" apart from God.

What is it?

WHO establishes what is Good such that when God shows up He is automatically "Good"?

doesn't matter.....its a meaningless discussion between Plato and a philosopher no one gave a fuck about.....

It's only important if you care about your conception of God.

Since you seem to be busy trying to flip God a big ol' middle finger (not sure what your war with God is all about), so this isn't important to you, FalseProphet.

THAT IS THE EXACT THING I SAID WHEN REFERING TO THE FIRST HORN OF THE DILEMMA.

Hopefully you can see how frustrating your general ignorance is.

If god is "by his nature" Good then that means there is some external metric for what is "good" apart from God.

What is it?

WHO establishes what is Good such that when God shows up He is automatically "Good"?

you're getting dizzy, spaz......there is no fucking metric apart from God......no one "establishes" that God is good......God simply IS good.....I'm sorry this is beyond your experience, but then you chose to reject the experience, didn't you........

Back