The bible

Read the scary posts by your fellow "Christian" who fancies himself an "avenging angel".

Look, I get it, you love ANYTHING that makes Christianity look foolish or wrong. But give this one a break.

I note you're an idiot....he didn't say HE was an avenging angel.......feel free to quote anything that proves otherwise.......

That's the point. That's why it is a dilemma. (When stated correctly)
I stated it correctly and there is no dilemma.

There is no pre-supposition of existence "before God". There is no code superior to him. His perfect nature IS the code/standard. That's the third option, hence why it is a false dilemma.

To put it another way, morality is not grounded in God's commands (avoids the 1st part of the "dilemma"), but rather in his character (avoids the 2nd part of the "dilemma") which then manifests itself in his commands. Whatever a good God (by nature) commands will always be good (by definition).

Last edited:
I stated it correctly and there is no dilemma.

There is no pre-supposition of existence "before God". There is no code superior to him. His perfect nature IS the code/standard. That's the third option, hence why it is a false dilemma.

To put it another way, morality is not grounded in God's commands (avoids the 1st part of the "dilemma"), but rather in his character (avoids the 2nd part of the "dilemma") which then manifests itself in his commands. Whatever a good God (by nature) commands will always be good (by definition).

You did NOT state it correctly. Here it is officially:

From Plato: "Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?"

What that means is:

Does God make something good by his approval of it (ie does God decree what is good or bad) OR does God do what is good automatically?

The reason this is a dilemma is that if God does good "automatically" it means GOOD somehow SUPERCEDES or PRECEDES God. So who created "good" and "evil"? But if what God decrees as good is good then it makes "good" arbitrary.

If you were right then thousands of years of philosophy would be wrong. And there's ZERO chance some anonymous rando on an internet forum has "solved" the dilemma.

Just because you don't seem to really understand it doesn't mean you have found a solution.

It just means you don't understand it.

Did you grow up anywhere near a TV set anytime between 1960 and today? If so then you heard about Passover. Whether it was from "The Ten Commandments" or TV.

In fact you'd have to suffer massive brain damage and live in a sealed cave to AVOID learning about Passover just passively in our society.

No!There's only one explanation of two years of Passover instruction and how it relates to the first Passover,the Last Supper and crucifix and the Second coming.download.jpg

How so? There is no God according to you! You're an atheist.

I used to be a Christian and most of my friends are still Christians. As such I actually DESPISE people like you who attempt to witness AGAINST Christianity.

And that is what you are doing.

I recommend you stop. Especially if you think God is real.

You did NOT state it correctly.
Yes, I did.

Here it is officially:

From Plato: "Is the pious loved by the gods because it is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?"

What that means is:

Does God make something good by his approval of it (ie does God decree what is good or bad) OR does God do what is good automatically?
I used different wording to essentially say the same thing.

The reason this is a dilemma is that if God does good "automatically" it means GOOD somehow SUPERCEDES or PRECEDES God. So who created "good" and "evil"? But if what God decrees as good is good then it makes "good" arbitrary.
There is no dilemma, as I (and the general Christian) reject both options in lieu of a 3rd option. Morality is not an arbitrary function of God's power (rejecting option #1), nor is God responsible to a "higher law" (rejecting option #2).

Option #3 is that an objective INTERNAL (to God) moral standard exists. Morality is rooted in the immutable and perfectly good nature (iow, character) of God.

If you were right then thousands of years of philosophy would be wrong.
The philosophy of Plato is wrong. This "dilemma" has been solved by numerous others since Plato. I am merely expressing THEIR philosophy (Aquinas is one such person to dispose of this "dilemma".)

And there's ZERO chance some anonymous rando on an internet forum has "solved" the dilemma.
False, and irrelevant. As I said, Aquinas (and others) have solved it, as I have expressed here. The "dilemma" is "old news".

Just because you don't seem to really understand it doesn't mean you have found a solution.
I understand it, and have disposed of it, as other philosophers before me have already disposed of it.

It just means you don't understand it.
See above.

False, and irrelevant. As I said, Aquinas (and others) have solved it, as I have expressed here. The "dilemma" is "old news".

THIS reference doesn't quite see it that way. It appears that Aquinas chooses the first horn of the dilemma (that God does what is Good) but then leverages that to come up with his Natural Law Theory.

But as far as I can tell there is no option for a "third" solution as you propose. Because what YOU propose is merely choosing the first horn of the dilemma. You claim it is "inherent" to God. But that means it is a concept that MUST precede God. It must be something God was created with.

And if you suggest that God created that within himself then you are stuck with the second horn of the dilemma.

There really isn't a third.

I used to be a Christian and most of my friends are still Christians. As such I actually DESPISE people like you who attempt to witness AGAINST Christianity.

And that is what you are doing.

I recommend you stop. Especially if you think God is real.

I turned in my resignation right away,when Chosen,it wasn't accepted.
You're an atheist, Christianity doesn't exist by Your beliefs.
AM I,I AM's ,AM I!

Back