The Bottom Line!

He isn't 'my boy', and I've read all the hit pieces; they're nearly all rubbish. A lot of morons like to spread the BS around though.

Yes, it was. And, you didn't make your case well; merely finding a couple of outliers doesn't back up what you claim re 'public square' stuff. There are several dozens of televangelists, and the majority of them are some variation of Osteen, and for a reason, they're those 'Word Of Faith' types.

AS for Osteen's money, most of them also follow Billy Graham's example of living off royalties and don't take a dime from their churches. Osteen in fact has a net worth far below what it should be; his is around $100 million, while his book advances alone run over $400 million. He obviously gives a lot of his away. The people making a lot of them rich are the big eastern liberal book publishers, not their churches.

I know it sucks for the assorted deviants and sociopaths, but Christians have a right to free speech and speak out on politics same as any other citizen, and that included pastors. See also the Civil Rights movement, organized largely in black churches, and led by a lot of ministers, for example.

The U.S.'s establishment clause doesn't prevent them from doing so, it just restricts the Federal govt. from adopting a national sect as favored. We know this because it didn't prevent the individual states from having established sects. Several kept theirs for many years , the last to vote out theirs being Massachusetts, in 1834.
Since when are IRREFUTABLE FACTS "hit pieces"? Answer: only to those willing to swallow and regurgitateTI propaganda that's been called out.
"A couple of outliers" - No son, those JUST A SAMPLE of all the jack-leg preachers and tree stump hustlers who have been bilking suckers for DECADES. I just don't have the time to do justice to them all. Tony Prince, David Jeremiah, the late Charles Stanley, Hinn, Hagee, Meyer are just more notable examples....there are MANY more. Having watched these clowns on and off for the past 40 years, I know of what I speak.

And spare us all the lame dodges and excuses about the VERY wealthy preachers. First off, once you get a bunch of suckers to follow your "preaching and such, you can literally start your own "church" and get registered as a "pastor" or "reverend" .... and then get all those nifty TAX EXEMPTIONS and CHARITY DONATIONS FILINGS FOR THE IRS. Secondly, as you "flock" grows, those donations do also...and so do your book sales. It's an old trick: Scientology got nailed doing it about 40 years ago: you give a bookstore about 100 copies of your book, but they only sell about 25. So you buy back the remaining, add another 25 and push that onto another bookstore, but WITH the advert that you've sold 200 to date. And so on, and so on. Or, if you own a business you have your employees buy multiple copies, then brag as if it's the general public's interest. So by the time your second book comes out, you advance price goes up.

But make no mistake, Osteen's wealth and possessions were well in hand LONG before his book proceeds and such. Remember, his church got a boo$t from Grand daddy Osteen, who took stock options instead of a salary raise when he worked for a small fledgling company. IBM. Those stocks passed on to Daddy Osteen and then to Joel. No son, his simplistic explanation is dubious at best https://marketrealist.com/p/joel-osteen-net-worth/

Aside from this, it's quite telling and somewhat pathetic that you categorize anyone who disagrees or contradicts or criticizes this particular warping of christianity as "deviants and sociopaths". How christo-fascist of you.....shades of the mindset that gave us the Inquisition, or the Taliban, or what was done to Aborigines or Native Americans. '

And spare us this lame attempt to justify pushing for a psuedo theocracy with your myopic parroting. Read in the CONSTITUTION the FIRST AMENDMENT along with the 14th Amendment or Article 2, Section 6 or Article 6. I'll dumb it down for you: In America you have the freedom of and from religion.

And don't you DARE compare what black churches and religious leaders did during and for the Civil Rights movement, because the LEGITIMATE ones weren't about acquiring mega-wealth and political power to push a theocracy.

Yeah, Osteen may not be your boy but he sure as hell is your mental/emotional compadre.

lol triggered another halfwit with high self-esteem and zero clue about anything. Thinks more lies is a rebuttal.

As time moves along, we'll abandon old texts that were clearly written in times of fear & oppression, and look to more contemporary sources when it comes to the nature of God & existence.

Can't wait.

And spare us all the lame dodges and excuses about the VERY wealthy preachers. First off, once you get a bunch of suckers to follow your "preaching and such, you can literally start your own "church" and get registered as a "pastor" or "reverend" .... and then get all those nifty TAX EXEMPTIONS and CHARITY DONATIONS FILINGS FOR THE IRS.

Moron thinks Pastors and other church employees don't pay taxes on their incomes. lol another ranting hater ignorant of anything it parrots.

Does a pastor pay taxes, or are they exempt?​

Under federal law, most ministers have dual tax status. That means you’re taxed as a W-2 employee of the church, and you’re taxed as a self-employed person for Social Security and Medicare.

For tax purposes, you’re considered a minister if:

• You’re ordained, commissioned or licensed.
  • You administer sacraments or ordinances.
  • You conduct religious worship.
  • You have management responsibilities within a local church or religious denomination.
  • Your church or denomination considers you a religious leader.
There are some exceptions to this. For example, traveling evangelists and some interim pastors are considered independent contractors. Instead of a W-2, they receive a Form 1099-NEC from different churches where they provide services. And they file their income as self-employed.

Pastors are required to make quarterly estimated tax payments. These dates are especially important to keep track of to avoid potential IRS penalties.

Moron thinks Pastors and other church employees don't pay taxes on their incomes. lol another ranting hater ignorant of anything it parrots.

Under federal law, most ministers have dual tax status. That means you’re taxed as a W-2 employee of the church, and you’re taxed as a self-employed person for Social Security and Medicare.

• You have management responsibilities within a local church or religious denomination.
There are some exceptions to this. For example, traveling evangelists and some interim pastors are considered independent contractors. Instead of a W-2, they receive a Form 1099-NEC from different churches where they provide services. And they file their income as self-employed.

Pastors are required to make quarterly estimated tax payments. These dates are especially important to keep track of to avoid potential IRS penalties.
With their Christiananality pedophilia they tax everyone in their "one nation under God with equal justice under law" pyramid scheme.......as here's Russia's Orthodox Church rootin' tootin' Putin taxation without representation of Christiananality pedophilia as Christian Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist Fourth Reich July "what is 9/11 ?" Freudian slip George Washington University Hospital Washington, D.C. born USA citizens are Islam.......

Last edited:

For those pay no taxes and don't know anything about tax law, that means pastors and ministers pay higher taxes than the norm, i.e. double the rates for employees on a payroll re Social Security and Medicare taxes.

And don't you DARE compare what black churches and religious leaders did during and for the Civil Rights movement, because the LEGITIMATE ones weren't about acquiring mega-wealth and political power to push a theocracy

lol you're full of shit. Martin Luther King wasn't poor, and his family is quite well off. So is Jesse Jackson and his family, Al Sharpton, etc., etc. They're all wealthy compared to most Americans. Stick your head back up your ass and try to get better signal reception from your Hive Master.

With their Christiananality pedophilia they tax everyone in their "one nation under God with equal justice under law" pyramid scheme.......as here's Russia's Orthodox Church rootin' tootin' Putin taxation without representation of Christiananality pedophilia as Christian Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist Fourth Reich July "what is 9/11 ?" Freudian slip George Washington University Hospital Washington, D.C. born USA citizens are Islam.......

^^^ This is actually a form of gay bashing; homosexuals do most of the molesting in the churches, over 80% in the Catholic scandals., yet no leftists have demanded organizations screen out homosexuals from working with children. We know the poster doesn't do it on purpose, due to mental illness, so don't harass the poor creature, it's just ignorant and isn't responsible for it's ravings.

^^^ This is actually a form of gay bashing; homosexuals do most of the molesting in the churches, over 80% in the Catholic scandals., yet no leftists have demanded organizations screen out homosexuals from working with children. We know the poster doesn't do it on purpose, due to mental illness, so don't harass the poor creature, it's just ignorant and isn't responsible for it's ravings.

You DO realize you are debating against a post that is little more than some fucked up "autocomplete" word string, right?

You DO realize you are debating against a post that is little more than some fucked up "autocomplete" word string, right?

Who's 'debating'? Pointing out facts isn't 'debating', it's commenting.

Nothing else to do at the time. Just wanted to see how it responded. It didn't, not yet anyway.

As time moves along, we'll abandon old texts that were clearly written in times of fear & oppression, and look to more contemporary sources when it comes to the nature of God & existence.

Can't wait.
I have no problem with people of faith so long as they keep it to themselves and NOT try to force it on everyone else.

lol you're full of shit. Martin Luther King wasn't poor, and his family is quite well off. So is Jesse Jackson and his family, Al Sharpton, etc., etc. They're all wealthy compared to most Americans. Stick your head back up your ass and try to get better signal reception from your Hive Master.
Only the fool you see in the mirror laughs along with you, chuckles. Let me just educate you on your proud ignorance regarding MLK https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth/celebrities/martin-luther-king-jr-money/

Sharpton and Jackson are wealthy now...but they weren't during the Civil Rights marches. Jackson has been exposed for his "shake down" of various corporations for personal family gain and for his cheating on his wife. Sharpton has created wealth via creation of "non-profit" action groups, product endorsement, etc. Both are wealthy now...but they weren't during the Civil Rights marches. If you can prove otherwise, then spare us all your BS smoke blowing and factually do so ... because neither of them inherited wealth from their grandparents as your boy did (as I explained earlier), nor have they obtained similar opulence. Also, your "etc., etc." indicates that you can't give any other examples, and are trying to insinuate with generalities. Remember chuckles I said the LEGITIMATE ones weren't about acquiring mega-wealth and political power to push a theocracy ... unlike the cast of characters I referred to.

Laugh that off, chuckles.

Only the fool you see in the mirror laughs along with you, chuckles. Let me just educate you on your proud ignorance regarding MLK https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-worth/celebrities/martin-luther-king-jr-money/

Sharpton and Jackson are wealthy now...but they weren't during the Civil Rights marches. Jackson has been exposed for his "shake down" of various corporations for personal family gain and for his cheating on his wife. Sharpton has created wealth via creation of "non-profit" action groups, product endorsement, etc. Both are wealthy now...but they weren't during the Civil Rights marches. If you can prove otherwise, then spare us all your BS smoke blowing and factually do so ... because neither of them inherited wealth from their grandparents as your boy did (as I explained earlier), nor have they obtained similar opulence. Also, your "etc., etc." indicates that you can't give any other examples, and are trying to insinuate with generalities. Remember chuckles I said the LEGITIMATE ones weren't about acquiring mega-wealth and political power to push a theocracy ... unlike the cast of characters I referred to.

Trying to BS your way out the stupid narratives you parrot, and failing. Snivel about that next. Hey. throw in gibberish like 'theocracy n stuff!!! ' , never mind it's just hot air.

As the readers can see, Eddie has no factual or logical (much less rational) response. He thinks he can bluff the objective reader with his faux hysterics. So much more to pity him.

Back