The charges brought against President Biden’s son Hunter Biden are rarely prosecuted

The Bidens are in trouble...

It's looking like it, and it really pisses me off.

I don't care what the kid did.

If a POTUS doesn't have the balls to protect his own son,
it makes the entire nation look like the planet's catamite.

With a strong leader,
all of the accusers would have "disappeared" by now.
That's kindergarten elemental.

We need a DON, not a fucking wokester,
and not a fucking wannabe don like Trump, either.
Cuomo [not DeSantis] for President!!!

It's looking like it, and it really pisses me off.

I don't care what the kid did.

If a POTUS doesn't have the balls to protect his own son,
it makes the entire nation look like the planet's catamite.

With a strong leader,
all of the accusers would have "disappeared" by now.
That's kindergarten elemental.

We need a DON, not a fucking wokester,
and not a fucking wannabe don like Trump, either.
Cuomo [not DeSantis] for President!!!
So the question is ...why isn't Joe protecting his son? He had every opportunity to step up and talk about what was going on and instead he chose to lie and play a game that's been going on for some time by the way... he had to know eventually that they would get caught... Hunter wasn't the most discreet person in the world when it came to his business ventures and personal habits... I know he's a republican but I'm surprised you don't like Vivek.... he's all white glove and demanding of very high standards like you are...

So the question is ...why isn't Joe protecting his son?

I can't begin to guess why.

I may literally vomit--seriously, because I take these things seriously--when I look at my ballot,

and this pathetic little wimp will still be the best choice for me on it

from a political policy perspective.

With all the power bestowed upon him,

he can't even protect his own flesh and blood,

but we need him to protect us. Yup. We're fucked. :whoa:

I can't begin to guess why.

I may literally vomit--seriously, because I take these things seriously--when I look at my ballot,

and this pathetic little wimp will still be the best choice for me on it

from a political policy perspective.

With all the power bestowed upon him,

he can't even protect his own flesh and blood,

but we need him to protect us. Yup. We're fucked. :whoa:
Exactly

Hunter Biden was charged Thursday with three felony gun-related counts, including possession of a firearm by a person who is an “unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance." Under a plea deal that later fell apart, Biden was also charged with two misdemeanor charges of failing to pay taxes, which he later reimbursed; those charges are not included in Thursday's indictment.

Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti agreed. "It insults the intelligence of the American people to compare misdemeanor tax charges to a scheme to steal Top Secret documents and obstruct justice when the government asked for them back," he tweeted, comparing the charges against Hunter Biden to the recent federal indictment against former President Donald Trump. "If anything, Hunter Biden was treated harshly — those crimes are rarely charged."

The case is being overseen by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Delaware, which is headed by Donald Trump appointee David Weiss, who was named special counsel in the case.

The gun charge itself is under legal threat. A federal appeals court ruled in June that the government cannot ban those convicted of nonviolent crimes from possessing a weapon, and a federal court in Texas recently ruled — following a major Supreme Court case last year that expanded gun rights — that the ban on drug users possessing weapons violates the Second Amendment.

https://news.yahoo.com/legal-experts-charges-against-hunter-213742342.html

All crimes should be prosecuted. Obviously there is a difference in sentencing depending upon the crime.

Where politicians are concerned, there's also the appearance of impropriety to be considered, something apparent in both Hunter's and Trump's cases.

FWIW, I doubt Biden exerted undue influence in his son's case, but the optics are bad. As a father, he loves his sole remaining son, but he's also President of the United States and should always put those duties first. Something Trump never did.

So the question is ...why isn't Joe protecting his son? He had every opportunity to step up and talk about what was going on and instead he chose to lie and play a game that's been going on for some time by the way... he had to know eventually that they would get caught... Hunter wasn't the most discreet person in the world when it came to his business ventures and personal habits... I know he's a republican but I'm surprised you don't like Vivek.... he's all white glove and demanding of very high standards like you are...

Joe is staying out because he wants Hunter to be treated like any other citizen. Unfortunately, the Repubs do not believe in that and he is being treated more harshly. Why do you say Joe lied? Oh, yeah, you are Trumpy.

You believe that because you want to. Hunter is in trouble due to trumped-up charges. He is being nailed for political reasons. Unlike most people with money and family connections, he is being treated worse than the average American citizen. Your self-delusion is strong.

She is bitter old and clueless living in a fantasy world of secret knowledge

Joe is staying out because he wants Hunter to be treated like any other citizen. Unfortunately, the Repubs do not believe in that and he is being treated more harshly. Why do you say Joe lied? Oh, yeah, you are Trumpy.

Joe did lie though... he lies constantly .. the sooner you all accept that the easier it will be to wave goodbye...;)

Joe did lie though... he lies constantly .. the sooner you all accept that the easier it will be to wave goodbye...;)

It can’t be said enough, a Trumpkin saying someone else lied is like a Bernie Madoff defender accusing another of being a thief, the hypocrisy couldn’t be any more visible

It can’t be said enough, a Trumpkin saying someone else lied is like a Bernie Madoff defender accusing another of being a thief, the hypocrisy couldn’t be any more visible

Joe lies all the time and he certainly lied about having knowledge about what the heck his son was doing... and being involved....

If Hunter is being charged with "possession of a firearm by a person who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance" that would mean anyone seeking treatment for drug addiction or convicted of a drug crime cannot own or possess a firearm, correct? If this guy wasn't Hunter Biden every rightwinger and the NRA would be screaming that this is unconstitutional.

That's correct. People go to prison all the time on such charges, and usually for 5 to 10 years depending on their priors. No serious priors gets you around 5. Some, 10. Career criminal? You could be looking at 20.

That's correct. People go to prison all the time on such charges, and usually for 5 to 10 years depending on their priors. No serious priors gets you around 5. Some, 10. Career criminal? You could be looking at 20.

6-12 months in prison would be good for Hunter.

Hunter Biden was charged Thursday with three felony gun-related counts, including possession of a firearm by a person who is an “unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance." Under a plea deal that later fell apart, Biden was also charged with two misdemeanor charges of failing to pay taxes, which he later reimbursed; those charges are not included in Thursday's indictment.

Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti agreed. "It insults the intelligence of the American people to compare misdemeanor tax charges to a scheme to steal Top Secret documents and obstruct justice when the government asked for them back," he tweeted, comparing the charges against Hunter Biden to the recent federal indictment against former President Donald Trump. "If anything, Hunter Biden was treated harshly — those crimes are rarely charged."

The case is being overseen by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Delaware, which is headed by Donald Trump appointee David Weiss, who was named special counsel in the case.

The gun charge itself is under legal threat. A federal appeals court ruled in June that the government cannot ban those convicted of nonviolent crimes from possessing a weapon, and a federal court in Texas recently ruled — following a major Supreme Court case last year that expanded gun rights — that the ban on drug users possessing weapons violates the Second Amendment.

https://news.yahoo.com/legal-experts-charges-against-hunter-213742342.html

This crime is usually ignored or given a pre-plea diversion program as was originally offered.

Joe lies all the time and he certainly lied about having knowledge about what the heck his son was doing... and being involved....

What did you teach Phys Ed? You do not know enough to avoid hyperbole? Nobody, not even Trump lies all the time? And you presume to tell us what Biden knew and what he did. You should rename as the Bottom.

What the hell are you babbling about? Talk about stupid!

At least now you are acknowledging how daft you are and asking for help. God you are stupid.

So since you asked, once again you said this...

RB 60 said:
Can't you fools realize most of us don't give a shit about the gun charge. It's his peddling of his father's political influence that we want to see.

In reply to the bolded part of your statement i asked this

Qp said:
But that is not illegal so what charge would you level?

A private citizen using 'who he knows' or 'who is related to', when they have connections to rich or powerful people is one of the most common things we see in America. America is largely built on that.

It ONLY becomes illegal if the person in power interacts with that person in a way that breaks laws governing what the PERSON IN POWER, can and cannot do legally. And in this case there is ZERO evidence as everyone in the GOP admits that ties Joe Biden to any illegal actions."

And despite that being an easy question to follow you remain baffled.

That is NOT on me. It is on you and your stupidty.

The Bidens are in trouble....

Fingers crossed right?

We all remember the clamouring on the right over the countless Benghazi investigations FINALLY getting Obama and Hillary. ...NOTHING BURGER.

We all remember the clamouring on the right over the Durham Special Counsel Investigation exposing the CRIME OF THE CENTURY ... and 5+ years later ...NOTHING BURGER.

Barr, Weis Investigation into Hunter connections to Joe.... NOTHING BURGER.

In 2000 the House Republicans wound up their first investigation into Hunter and Joe Biden and found a NOTHING BURGER.

So what was did that result in?

3 more House committee investigation into Hunter and Joe Biden all of which currently have failed to find a shred of proof, and as James COmer says, when pressed by right wing media "we are working on it".

So ya, fingers crossed for you that if the GOP just keeps rerunning the exact same investigations eventually they will get to a different answer unlike what happened on Benghazi.

But even on that Jim JOrdan has said the door is open to reinvestigating some of those old prior investigations into Hillary and Obama.

I totally get your confusion as a TrumpDerp but the answer is easy.

In the midst of an active investigation, Joe Biden as POTUS, did not want to say anything that might impact the investigation or even have the perception of doing so.

He has left a Trump prosecutor in place when the norm is for a new POTUS to replace them ALL with his own chosen prosecutors, to again, avoid any tampering or perception of doing so out.

So again, we know, not only would Trump have replaced the prosecutor, he would have ordered is AG to ensure only someone was put in place who would kill the investigation and you are confused why Joe did not do the same. I get it.

All crimes should be prosecuted. Obviously there is a difference in sentencing depending upon the crime.

Where politicians are concerned, there's also the appearance of impropriety to be considered, something apparent in both Hunter's and Trump's cases.

FWIW, I doubt Biden exerted undue influence in his son's case, but the optics are bad. As a father, he loves his sole remaining son, but he's also President of the United States and should always put those duties first. Something Trump never did.

I am curious what "optics" you see as bad?

LIES.

Almost no one, with no priors, and whose brain is drug addled at the time, goes to jail for a basic gun charge unless he uses that gun in the commission of another crime, such as robbing someone.

Stop lying by associating 'people going to jail all the time' with people with 'priors'.

Back