The charges brought against President Biden’s son Hunter Biden are rarely prosecuted

6-12 months in prison would be good for Hunter.

"Good for Hunter" in what way?

I could see it being 'good for society', if this usually deserved time and he was getting special treatment, which is not the case here.

But as it appears now, this was 5+ years ago, when Hunter was in the deepest, darkest place in his life, and he seems to be well on his way to recovery if not recovered now.

there is a reason courts typically use diversion programs instead of just throwing druggies in jail for not violent crime, as drugs and temptation are rampant in jail. A person who goes in mildly addicted, tends to come out seriously addicted and then tends to do worse crimes.

Prisons are most known for turning minor criminals into repeat offender, worse criminals.

"Good for Hunter" in what way?

I could see it being 'good for society', if this usually deserved time and he was getting special treatment, which is not the case here.

But as it appears now, this was 5+ years ago, when Hunter was in the deepest, darkest place in his life, and he seems to be well on his way to recovery if not recovered now.

there is a reason courts typically use diversion programs instead of just throwing druggies in jail for not violent crime, as drugs and temptation are rampant in jail. A person who goes in mildly addicted, tends to come out seriously addicted and then tends to do worse crimes.

Prisons are most known for turning minor criminals into repeat offender, worse criminals.
I'm not as sure as you that Hunter is on a path to a better life. A court would be better able to decide.

Hunter would be going to a minimum security prison at worst, not butt fuck max security prison. Given his celebrity, he'd be protected. In reality, like Trump, he'd be wearing an ankle monitor at home.

Whose?

I cannot guess at what you are suggesting. Explain please?
The appearance that rich and powerful people get off charges while poor people get shot or go to prison.

Again, this is for a court to decide, not you, me or the media.

The appearance that rich and powerful people get off charges while poor people get shot or go to prison.

Not an appearance. a fact. If you stole classified documents, you would be in jail. Trump stole a truckload and is walking free.

Not an appearance. a fact. If you stole classified documents, you would be in jail. Trump stole a truckload and is walking free.

Because the rich and powerful are "stars" and can do anything they like. Rape little girls, grab pussy, steal documents and even attempt to overthrow the US government with the support of most Republican Congressmen.

I'm not as sure as you that Hunter is on a path to a better life. A court would be better able to decide.

Hunter would be going to a minimum security prison at worst, not butt fuck max security prison. Given his celebrity, he'd be protected. In reality, like Trump, he'd be wearing an ankle monitor at home.

I am not sure either.

You are the one stating, pretty consistently that "6-12 in prison would be good for Hunter".

That is not a statement of opinion. It is not saying 'I think he still has issues and i think prison might straighten him out'. You are offering a determination there.

Prison is rarely good for anyone. I worked in a minimum security prison for one year, in my home town, when i was 19 years old, and they are trading zones for drugs and steroids. None stop. Guys show up scrawny and leave 2-3 years later buffed up and addicted to drugs, even if they were not prior.

There simply is nothing else to do, so they work out and do drugs to pass the time.

I am not sure either.

You are the one stating, pretty consistently that "6-12 in prison would be good for Hunter".

That is not a statement of opinion. It is not saying 'I think he still has issues and i think prison might straighten him out'. You are offering a determination there.

Prison is rarely good for anyone. I worked in a minimum security prison for one year, in my home town, when i was 19 years old, and they are trading zones for drugs and steroids. None stop. Guys show up scrawny and leave 2-3 years later buffed up and addicted to drugs, even if they were not prior.

There simply is nothing else to do, so they work out and do drugs to pass the time.

Correct, but I'm also the one saying a court should decide while you, like Nancy Reagan, "Just say 'No'" as you did with your home town example.

Yes but i am not sure why you are replying with the above when you comment was to suggest Hunter would benefit from prison. You are mixing arguments.

I listen to a whole bunch of legal podcasts. At least 15. All sorts of legal expertise. All sorts of career legal people from Judges to lawyers, and i have yet to hear one not say, if not for the Biden last name, there is no way this would not have been settled already. Hunter has had the most invasive 5+ years of investigation few get without FIRST some very serious crime being exposed. This was 100% fishing up and down his life , the life of a recovering druggie to try and find a crime.

Hunter is not a good case for any desire for a fairer system. Trump would be the example for that.

Excellent points! Personally, I could care less if junior gets the maximum sentences allowed for any of his charges and convictions....as would you or I get. But the fact that we all know this is the best the MAGA GOP can get in their campaign to slander Uncle Joe is enough to convince all those folk who were "on the fence" in 2020 to NOT vote for Cheeto Jeezus next year.

Yes but i am not sure why you are replying with the above when you comment was to suggest Hunter would benefit from prison. You are mixing arguments.

I listen to a whole bunch of legal podcasts. At least 15. All sorts of legal expertise. All sorts of career legal people from Judges to lawyers, and i have yet to hear one not say, if not for the Biden last name, there is no way this would not have been settled already. Hunter has had the most invasive 5+ years of investigation few get without FIRST some very serious crime being exposed. This was 100% fishing up and down his life , the life of a recovering druggie to try and find a crime.

Hunter is not a good case for any desire for a fairer system. Trump would be the example for that.
No doubt you're ready for the bar now. :thup:

I'm fine with a court deciding his fate, you are not. We can agree to disagree, Qp.

But that is not illegal so what charge would you level?

A private citizen using 'who he knows' or 'who is related to', when they have connections to rich or powerful people is one of the most common things we see in America. America is largely built on that.

It ONLY becomes illegal if the person in power interacts with that person in a way that breaks laws governing what the PERSON IN POWER, can and cannot do legally. And in this case there is ZERO evidence as everyone in the GOP admits that ties Joe Biden to any illegal actions.

Oh, but it is, dumbshit.

Can't you fools realize most of us don't give a shit about the gun charge. It's his peddling of his father's political influence that we want to see.

And you'll only see that in your dreams, because to date the MAGA GOP in Congress has FAILED time and time again to bring any credible evidence to make that connection. Hell, they didn't even have the votes for impeachment among themselves!

That you continue to fawn over a con man who wipes his feet on the likes of you is pathetic.

Conservatives’ interpretation of 2nd Amendment could help Hunter Biden beat criminal charges

WASHINGTON — The criminal indictment against Hunter Biden for illegal gun possession could run afoul of the new and broader 2nd Amendment interpretation that has been gaining traction in conservative courts.
President Biden‘s son is not accused of using a gun to commit a crime, but rather to lying about his drug use when he purchased a handgun in 2018.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...-blocked-by-the-new-and-broader-2nd-amendmemt

BOOM!

The sound of right wing wonks in Congress and political think tanks heads exploding.

Crack!

The sound of MAGA trolls spine snapping as they twist like pretzels to explain away their conundrum here.

At least now you are acknowledging how daft you are and asking for help. God you are stupid.

So since you asked, once again you said this...

In reply to the bolded part of your statement i asked this

And despite that being an easy question to follow you remain baffled.

That is NOT on me. It is on you and your stupidty.

He's insipidly stubborn, like his god Cheeto Jeezus. He'll NEVER admit error on any level.

At least now you are acknowledging how daft you are and asking for help. God you are stupid.

So since you asked, once again you said this...

In reply to the bolded part of your statement i asked this

And despite that being an easy question to follow you remain baffled.

That is NOT on me. It is on you and your stupidty.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! That's all you have and all you are.

Back