The Christian Agnostic

What's the reason you are extremely reticent to own any of the previous user names you have used in years past?

Because:

1. Apart from NovoJank I never used another log-in
2. It doesn't fucking matter
3. You would have to discuss technical topics if you didn't have this to hammer on about as if it matters and I don't want to see you work too hard.

Because:

1. Apart from NovoJank I never used another log-in
2. It doesn't fucking matter
3. You would have to discuss technical topics if you didn't have this to hammer on about as if it matters and I don't want to see you work too hard.

1. Once a liar, always a liar.
2. Sure it does. It gives more insight into your "issues", Perry.
3. Cypress is the hard science guy, I'm the soft science guy. Please get it straight in that addled mind of yours, son. TIA

Soooo...besides suffering a manic phase of your condition, you're also suffering memory lapses? Interesting, Perry. Are you under the care of a doctor or do you self-medicate?

Nah, I'm just waiting for you to show me where I called you the bad name. So far you haven't been able to do so. Sure you have CONSPIRACY theories but that's only because of your advanced knowledge of all things 19th Century Impressionism and maths.

Who doesn't know basic high school chemistry.

What soft science specifically? I haven't seen you show any skill in that area.
Back to the first point that you're a liar, Perry. Cypress knows more about chemistry than I do and my observation is that he knows more than you.

Don't worry about it then, Perry. Unlike you, I don't need the approval of strangers. Just my friends is enough.

Nah, I'm just waiting for you to show me where I called you the bad name. So far you haven't been able to do so. Sure you have CONSPIRACY theories but that's only because of your advanced knowledge of all things 19th Century Impressionism and maths.
Which bad name, Perry? You've called me so many things just today. I can't remember them all. :)

Back to the first point that you're a liar, Perry. Cypress knows more about chemistry than I do and my observation is that he knows more than you.

LOL. Sure, sure.

Don't worry about it then, Perry. Unlike you, I don't need the approval of strangers. Just my friends is enough.

No, you need the HATRED of strangers. That's why you get a little chubby when you see the "Who hates Doc" threads. You should take some time to rub one out today enjoying that.

You are incorrect.
No. Everything I have laid out for you is totally correct.

An atheist doesn't believe in a God of any sort,
Incorrect. Atheism means "lack of theism". Learn your Greek roots. If you cannot accept this, the problem is on your end. If you are feeling that Christian call to redefine English words, the problem is on your end.

Have you considered the question of what other word in the English language, if not "atheism", means "lack of theism"? Think about it for a moment.

it doesn't mean they have no beliefs.
Correct. It means they have no theistic beliefs.

d6d2ffd307f6f3822f057951ab59958b.jpg

No. Everything I have laid out for you is totally correct.

Incorrect. Atheism means "lack of theism". Learn your Greek roots. If you cannot accept this, the problem is on your end. If you are feeling that Christian call to redefine English words, the problem is on your end.

Have you considered the question of what other word in the English language, if not "atheism", means "lack of theism"? Think about it for a moment.

Correct. It means they have no theistic beliefs.

d6d2ffd307f6f3822f057951ab59958b.jpg

Well I am not a linguistic expert.

I started getting some very spirited emails from atheists who were incensed that I called myself an agnostic, as if I were being intellectually dishonest
You are always intellectually dishonest. What you are describing is further ignorance on your part, i.e. lack of English comprehension.

It's a simple matter to study your Greek and Latin roots, learn the etymology of words and learn what words mean. You, of course, find learning to be much too painful and you far prefer the easy bliss of ignorance. The result is the extremely stupid posts that you write that are really nothing more than desperate pleas for attention that will only fall on Terry's ears. The funny part of it all is that you are desperate for others to believe that you are college-educated when you work so hard to convince others that you dropped out of the 6th grade. If anyone wants to know what you might know on a subject, he should just read the first couple of sentences in the Wikipedia article. The third sentence and beyond will obviously exceed your pain threshold.

I, for my part, will stick with the English language and leave you to your raving lunacy.

Atheism = lack of theism.
Agnosticism = position that something lacks knowability

b9bedb53760bf35e33a209f96ebc512b.jpg

That definition is so nebulous, diffuse, and ill defined it could apply to anything and everything. We're discussing attitudes towards religious belief.

The last time you showed up giggling about how uninformed and ignorant I was, it blew up in your face and you ran away from the thread -->
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...y-of-you-are-Christians&p=5597945#post5597945

From McGill University;

"Agnosticism (from the Greek a, meaning "without" and gnosis, " knowledge", translating to unknowable) is the philosophical view that the truth value of certain claims — particularly theological claims regarding metaphysics, afterlife or the existence of God, god(s), or deities — is unknown or (possibly) inherently unknowable."

The "unknowable" part is most interesting. And probably the best single differentiator from atheism.

'Tasty starlets disbowel potency.'

Back