The difference between philosophy and religion.

No. I said don't present the words of others as your own. Seriously, every college freshman is expected to know this.
I think you are either incapable of understanding this or you deliberately lie. Either way, something is wrong with you.

Show me an example of where I have ever presented someone else's words as my own without source attribution

Your ego is large, your knowledge is small.

You've never had an original philosophical thought in your life, though you imagine you have .

Every opinion you have about philosophy is the sum total of what you have read others write, filtered and distilled through your own experiences and biases.

Nobody on this board, not you, not me, not Jack have ever made any original contributions to philosophy or intellectual thought.

You've never had an original philosophical thought in your life, though you imagine you have .

Every opinion you have about philosophy is the sum total of what you have read others write, filtered through your own experiences and biases.

Nobody on this board, not you, not me, not Jack have ever made any original contributions to philosophy or intellectual thought.

fuck off you pathetic buffoon

Religion is dogmatic and can only be dogmatic.

Philosophy does not demand allegiance to a set of beliefs.

I see it like this:

Philosophy is adaptive to life experiences and the relevant history that precedes those experiences.

Religion does not require the input of the aforementioned. It can, however, be open to interpretation of current life. Dogma resists current life experiences.

Every opinion you have about philosophy is the sum total of what you have read others write, filtered and distilled through your own experiences and biases.

Including intellectual thought in your assertion is incorrect. If someone presents an analysis or observation that leads you to change your opinion or belief, that is an intellectual process on both sides. This has happened over the years.

fuck off you pathetic buffoon.
So wrapping up the thread:

1) you falsely accused me without proof of being an inveterate liar.

2) You falsely accused me of presenting other people's words as my own, yet could not cite a single example when asked to.

3) You were reduced to a swearing, enraged monkey when your inconsistencies and lies were highlighted.

Including intellectual thought in your assertion is incorrect. If someone presents an analysis or observation that leads you to change your opinion or belief, that is an intellectual process on both sides. This has happened over the years.

I guess what I meant is that nobody here has ever made any original contributions to the fields of philosophy, philosophical thought, and human intellectual achievement.

That takes expertise, genuis, and originality, which only applies to about 0.01% of the human population. There is ten orders of magnitude difference between Bertrand Russell and the smartest person to have ever posted at JPP

The knowledge we have as garden variety human beings is entirely derivative and is based on what we have read subject matter experts write/say, as filtered through our own personal experiences.

I see it like this:

Philosophy is adaptive to life experiences and the relevant history that precedes those experiences.

Religion does not require the input of the aforementioned. It can, however, be open to interpretation of current life. Dogma resists current life experiences.

Dogma replaces experience. You can't have experience that is not authorized by the dogma.

Cypress has no idea what philosophy is. He thinks it is the handmaiden of theology.

Cypress has no idea what philosophy is. He thinks it is the handmaiden of theology.

That's because you have a very limited knowledge base which is heavily biased to European traditions.

Asians generally do not make the clean and distinct demarcations between religion and philosophy that you assume.

Confucianism, Daoism, Hinduism, Buddhism are collectively both a type of religion and a type of philosophy.

The fact that you limited your knowledge to the Greco-Roman-European tradition only exposed you to maybe about ten percent of humanity's intellectual tradition.

That's because you have a very limited knowledge base which is heavily biased to European traditions.

Asians generally di the not make the clean and distinct demarcations between religion and philosophy.

Confucianism, Daoism, Hinduism, Buddhism are collectively both a type of religion and a type of philosophy.

The fact that you limited your knowledge ti to the Greco-Roman tradition only exposed you to maybe about ten percent of humanity's intellectual tradition.

I will no longer reply to ad hominem attacks.

Back