The God Dixie belives in!

Yes, and Christian societies have also been some of the least violent, same with Buddhists.

So sorry... no relevant point for you!

No - you just missed the point, as usual.

When you say that it "depends on the religion," it implies that some religions provide a setting for a more peaceful society. As history has shown, it doesn't matter what the religion is - sometimes people are just violent, and there isn't anything any religion can do about it.

When you say that it "depends on the religion," it implies that some religions provide a setting for a more peaceful society. As history has shown, it doesn't matter what the religion is - sometimes people are just violent, and there isn't anything any religion can do about it.

Except make it worse usually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden#Religion (Lutherans)

There is also Colonial Pennsylvania, which was Dutch Quaker religion.

That's just off the top of my head, I am sure I could find other examples.

And now that I have complied with your request, perhaps you can list a few modern Christian societies which are "most violent?"

Yeah, we all know about The Crusades, where Christians fought Muslim aggressors off in Europe hundreds of years ago, but aside from ancient examples, do you have anything from modern times to support your claim?

And now that I have complied with your request, perhaps you can list a few modern Christian societies which are "most violent?"

Yeah, we all know about The Crusades, where Christians fought Muslim aggressors off in Europe hundreds of years ago, but aside from ancient examples, do you have anything from modern times to support your claim?

Yeah, the Crusades - but don't forget the Inquisition, the genocide of Native Americans, the KKK, et al. And our most "Christian" President in awhile caused an awful lot of innocent death in Iraq.

And did you just characterize the Crusades as a "defensive" effort against Muslims?

You're shameless, Dix. You know as much about history as you do about math.

Let's be perfectly clear about something here, shit head... Someone who can look into the face of an innocent child and be compelled to pump bullets into them, is not a believer in ANY kind of God or religious belief. This is indicative of someone who has no morality or belief in anything greater than self. Religion may have its flaws, but acts such as this are never perpetrated by people of faith. You are free to argue the contrary, but what that makes you, is an idiot.

And did you just characterize the Crusades as a "defensive" effort against Muslims? You're shameless, Dix. You know as much about history as you do about math.

Not shameless, witless.

He also claimed the Soviet Union didn't exist during WWII and that no WWII battles were fought in Russia...

Let's be perfectly clear about something here, shit head... Someone who can look into the face of an innocent child and be compelled to pump bullets into them, is not a believer in ANY kind of God or religious belief. This is indicative of someone who has no morality or belief in anything greater than self. Religion may have its flaws, but acts such as this are never perpetrated by people of faith. You are free to argue the contrary, but what that makes you, is an idiot.

Thanks for finally admitting that terrorists aren't really Muslim, but just use the name of the religion to push their own agenda.

Yeah, the Crusades - but don't forget the Inquisition, the genocide of Native Americans, the KKK, et al. And our most "Christian" President in awhile caused an awful lot of innocent death in Iraq.

Now you are talking about misguided acts from misguided individuals, and the argument was "societies" not individuals. Try again... where are your examples?

Now you are talking about misguided acts from misguided individuals, and the argument was "societies" not individuals. Try again... where are your examples?

Again - thanks for admitting that Muslim cultures aren't terrorist, but that terrorists are just misguided individuals who don't represent Islam in any way.

If God is going to allow "free will" He doesn't have much choice in the matter, you can say and do as you please. However, it is certainly not a "social norm" to reject your Creator. 95% of us believe in something greater than self, and 5% believe in nothing. (Nihilists) The "societal norm" is to have an ethos of some kind, not to reject everything and believe in nothing.
no matter what you believe, no matter if you choose to accept God or not, God is still there! Regardless of if you follow God or not, God is there!

no matter what you believe, no matter if you choose to accept God or not, God is still there! Regardless of if you follow God or not, God is there!

Jarod, in Dixie's case, dog is there.

Affirming.

Thanks for finally admitting that terrorists aren't really Muslim, but just use the name of the religion to push their own agenda.

And thank you for admitting that you apparently can't read and comprehend basic English, and instead, have to contort and pervert what people say into something not even relative to what they actually said. This is a testament to your level of ignorance and stupidity.

And thank you for admitting that you apparently can't read and comprehend basic English, and instead, have to contort and pervert what people say into something not even relative to what they actually said. This is a testament to your level of ignorance and stupidity.

Nah - you're exposed. You want to have your cake & eat it too when it comes to religion.

You're just a bigot. That's all.

Nah - you're exposed. You want to have your cake & eat it too when it comes to religion.

You're just a bigot. That's all.

Nah... I'm not a bigot.... now my dog? That's a different story, he's bigoted as hell sometimes... he hates cats! Prejudiced as hell towards them! I've tried to reason with him about this, but he's having none of it! Just stubbornly refuses to accept their right to exist! I admit, this is shameful and terrible, but I haven't given up hope for him, just like I haven't given up hope for you and the rest of you heathens.

Back