The Gospel of Thomas

Your wording is confusing.

You asked a poster why he was interested in religious history...after noting that he had no religious "beliefs."

You seemed to be saying you saw something incongruous about that. There is no incongruity. Anyway, you apparently are not going to address the issue in a clear way.

Fine, we'll leave it be.

But...you suggest you had an "epiphany."

What exactly was that? What is it that became clear to you...or revealed to you?

That might be interesting.

Epiphany of the Holy Spirit, that Jesus is exactly who he said he was.
And the main part of my Epiphany was and is about Passover how it relates to the first Passover,Jesus at the Last Supper and the second coming.

Epiphany of the Holy Spirit, that Jesus is exactly who he said he was.
And the main part of my Epiphany was and is about Passover how it relates to the first Passover,Jesus at the Last Supper and the second coming.

Oh, okay.

I thought you had become agnostic on the question of whether or not there are any gods...and I wanted to hear the nature of the realization.

Fact is, there is almost no chance at all that you know if any gods exist, let alone the one you guess exists.

When you get to the epiphany that reveals that to you...you will have scored a touchdown.

So, how did the fresh water creatures survive if the salt water rose to cover the Earth? God make them immune to it? Was all the vegetation killed as well from the salt water?

That's a question for God not me.Science is not my line.
I do think it's no coincidence that the flood and the ice age are of a similar era!
I really wish we knew how modern the world was at the time of the flood.
Saw a show on PBS ,it said many cultures seem to go back about 10'000 years than have amnesia.

That's a question for God not me.Science is not my line.
I do think it's no coincidence that the flood and the ice age are of a similar era!
I really wish we knew how modern the world was at the time of the flood.
Saw a show on PBS ,it said many cultures seem to go back about 10'000 years than have amnesia.

2523112090103830173s600x600q85.jpg

Oh, okay.

I thought you had become agnostic on the question of whether or not there are any gods...and I wanted to hear the nature of the realization.

Fact is, there is almost no chance at all that you know if any gods exist, let alone the one you guess exists.

When you get to the epiphany that reveals that to you...you will have scored a touchdown.

Before my Epiphany my only religious thought was why are there so many denominations when there was one Jesus.But really I was self absorbed and my universe was mainly my South Toledo neighborhood.

Oh, okay.

I know before my Epiphany, it was just me.
After the Holy Spirit was on me for a few solid years no break.Teaching me Biblical things,long before I read one word!But it's on a need to know bases.
To this day I have little knowledge of organized religions run by man.

Have you ever read about Mithraism? It was around at the same time as early Christianity, and also appealed to soldiers and working class ppl.
Yes, either Pagels or Armstrong discussed it, and the theory it influenced Christianity, as did other religions which had a god which was sacrificed.

Back