The Gospel of Thomas

Plain reasoning does not require "sources".

True. Nevertheless, it should be commonly recognized as true. Doe moss grow on the south side of a tree? Usually not, but anyone who says "It never does" is an idiot who can't see the situations where moss could, indeed, grow on the south side of a tree.

Ex; Australia

True. Nevertheless, it should be commonly recognized as true. Doe moss grow on the south side of a tree? Usually not, but anyone who says "It never does" is an idiot who can't see the situations where moss could, indeed, grow on the south side of a tree.

Ex; Australia

True is true whether commonly recognized or not. ;)

Dealing in absolutes is almost always certain folly.

Plain reasoning does not require "sources".
Limestone, chalk, and chert are the geologic expression of the "skeletal" remains of the shells of calcareous and siliceous plankton and protozoa.

The Earth's surface has millions of square kilometers of limestone, chalk, and chert. In some places the strata is thousands of feet thick.

Cliffs of Dover? Yep, a massive, and thick pile of the remains of the shells of plankton and protozoa.

Plankton, foraminifera, diatoms, and protozoa are actually numerous and widespread enough to be buried quickly, and to leave behind vast deposits of rock made from their shells.

But, if you are expecting miles deep remains of T-Rex and triceratops bones, the math, chemistry, and physical laws of nature simply do not support it

Limestone, chalk, and chert are the geologic expression of the "skeletal" remains of the shells of calcareous and siliceous plankton and protozoa.

The Earth's surface has millions of square kilometers of limestone, chalk, and chert. In some places the strata is thousands of feet thick.

Cliffs of Dover? Yep, a massive, and thick pile of the remains of the shells of plankton and protozoa.

Plankton, foraminifera, diatoms, and protozoa are actually numerous and widespread enough to be buried quickly, and to leave behind vast deposits of rock made from their shells.

But, if you are expecting miles deep remains of T-Rex and triceratops bones, the math, chemistry, and physical laws of nature simply do not support it

I'm thinking more like human beings, fish, reptiles and birds and all mammalia ever.

Even with predation and sickness and whatever, the trend to multiply exponentially would continue and if the species have been on this earth as long as claimed...miles deep in bones.

Not shark bones, though. :D

Last edited:
I'm thinking more like human beings and fish and birds and all mammalia ever.

Even with predation and sickness and whatever, the trend to multiply exponentially would continue and if the species have been on this earth as long as claimed...miles deep in bones.

Mammals and fish are not numerous enough, widespread enough, and their bones are not buried fast enough for preservation to be very likely.

You were wondering why we do not see massive accumulations of skeletal remains.

We do.

It is all around us.

The limestone, check, and chert strata of the world are exactly what you are talking about. They are the lithified shells of plankton and protozoa.

And the reason they can accumulate in strata hundreds of feet thick is because, unlike mammals, plankton are widespread, super abundant, and get buried quickly due to the sheer volume of them dying all the time.

What's wrong with D&D? Other than it takes too long to play and gets too boring?

Which is why computer games are better. I used to play Wizardry and it's two sequels with my Apple II+. Now I'm playing The Elder Scrolls: Blades on my iPad. I love modern tech!

Mammals and fish are not numerous enough, widespread enough, and their bones are not buried fast enough for preservation to be very likely.

You were wondering why we do not see massive accumulations of skeletal remains.

We do.

It is all around us.

The limestone, check, and chert strata of the world are exactly what you are talking about. They are the lithified shells of plankton and protozoa.

And the reason they can accumulate in strata hundreds of feet thick is because, unlike mammals, plankton are widespread, super abundant, and get buried quickly due to the sheer volume of them dying all the time.

So would you say the numbers of fish and mammals and the amount of their remains reflect them having been on earth for hundreds of thousands of years when they multiply exponentially?

Hmm? Even if a group or 2 falter, the rest will keep multiplying right along. :dunno:

Back