The History of the Democrat Party

Lott said that during Thurmond's 100th birthday or some event like that; any sane person can understand what he actually meant by it, regardless of your spin.

so...you admit that Trent Lott did, in fact say, that our nation would be better off today if Strom Thurmond had been elected president in 1948, but you want to suggest that "sane" people would understand that he didn't really MEAN that America would be better off today if we had elected a racist segregationist whose platform included a ban on interracial marriage?

sure.

WHY would America have been better today if we had elected a staunch segregationist in 1948? Why would Lott say that we WOULD have been better if he didn't MEAN it?

Words have meanings. You need to deal with that.

:rofl:

so...you admit that Trent Lott did, in fact say, that our nation would be better off today if Strom Thurmond had been elected president in 1948, but you want to suggest that "sane" people would understand that he didn't really MEAN that America would be better off today if we had elected a racist segregationist whose platform included a ban on interracial marriage?

sure.

WHY would America have been better today if we had elected a staunch segregationist in 1948? Why would Lott say that we WOULD have been better if he didn't MEAN it?

Words have meanings. You need to deal with that.

Words have meanings depending on their context.

Words have meanings depending on their context.
so you're saying that Trent Lott said that America would be a better place today if Strom Thurmond had been elected in 1948, but since he said it at Strom's birthday party, he meant that America WOULDN'T have been a better place today if Strom had been elected?

I get it....:rolleyes:

I'm saying that it was a light-hearted quip between old colleagues and reading anything more into it is disingenuous at best.

I'm saying that it was a light-hearted quip between old colleagues and reading anything more into it is disingenuous at best.

a light hearted quip?

are you suggesting that a light hearted quip somehow means that words don't mean what they mean?

"America would be a better place today if we had elected Strom Thurmond president"

that doesn't MEAN what those words mean????? That doesn't mean that Lott believed that America would be a better place today if Strom had been elected??? What DOES it mean?

I idn't expect a shred of honesty from you on this and you did not disappoint.

and on my end, I fully expected you to spin Lott's comments until you were dizzy...

I fully expected you lie your ass off and to try and say that black DOES equal WHITE, up DOES equal down, yes DOES equal no, if it is in the context of a "light hearted quip".

No spin at all. Folks say things to each other during these types of events that are not meant to be taken seriously. You appear to be denying that.

No spin at all. Folks say things to each other during these types of events that are not meant to be taken seriously. You appear to be denying that.

no. you appear to be denying the meaning of words.

If he wanted to say that Strom Thurmond was a great guy and a wonderful politician, he could have said that without stating that America would be a better place TODAY if we had elected a segregationist as president instead of Harry Truman.

Again, you appear to be denying that words have different meanings in different contexts.

The Southern Man needs to consult an exorcist to rid himself of this lunatic demon that stalks him from thread to thread.

How many times does seeing his head twist and green vomit spew from his mouth before you lose patience?

You sir are a Saint. :cof1:

Again, you appear to be denying that words have different meanings in different contexts.

not at all....but black never means white, and up never means down.

What IS the "different meaning" that you ascribe to Lott's statement "The United States would be a better country today if Strom Thurmond had been elected President in 1948?"

Are you suggesting that, somehow, at a birthday party, those words magically change their meaning and somehow then mean nothing more than "happy birthday Strom"?

So... I guess if I had gone to that party and said, "Strom... congratulations on statutorily raping your young black housemaid when you were a college kid and fathering a mulatto child"....I could turn around and claim that hey, words have different meanings in different contexts... I really only meant that sentence to mean "happy birthday, Strom"!

I get it now.

not at all....but black never means white, and up never means down.

What IS the "different meaning" that you ascribe to Lott's statement "The United States would be a better country today if Strom Thurmond had been elected President in 1948?"

Are you suggesting that, somehow, at a birthday party, those words magically change their meaning and somehow then mean nothing more than "happy birthday Strom"?

So... I guess if I had gone to that party and said, "Strom... congratulations on statutorily raping your young black housemaid when you were a college kid and fathering a mulatto child"....I could turn around and claim that hey, words have different meanings in different contexts... I really only meant that sentence to mean "happy birthday, Strom"!

I get it now.

Have you ever been to a Roast? Do you think at the shit that they say about the man of the hour is true or meant to be true? Do you think it's suppose to have any specific meaning at all, or meant to be interpreted in any specific way? You Democrats have gone way over the top with your intellectual dishonesty and this is just a prime example. Lott's only mistake was not telling y'all to pound sand when they blasted him for something he said at an old colleague's birthday party.

Have you ever been to a Roast? Do you think at the shit that they say about the man of the hour is true or meant to be true? Do you think it's suppose to have any specific meaning at all, or meant to be interpreted in any specific way? You Democrats have gone way over the top with your intellectual dishonesty and this is just a prime example. Lott's only mistake was not telling y'all to pound sand when they blasted him for something he said at an old colleague's birthday party.

so.... you are saying that Trent Lott said that America would be a better place today if Strom Thurmond had been elected president as some sort of roast-like SLAM of Mr. Thurmond?

Or...are you suggesting that public figures get to make cute little racist jokes at colleague's birthday parties and we should just ignore them?

the fact that you cannot see the racially insensitive, totally tone deaf nature of his remarks is quite telling.

so.... you are saying that Trent Lott said that America would be a better place today if Strom Thurmond had been elected president as some sort of roast-like SLAM of Mr. Thurmond?

Or...are you suggesting that public figures get to make cute little racist jokes at colleague's birthday parties and we should just ignore them?

the fact that you cannot see the racially insensitive, totally tone deaf nature of his remarks is quite telling.
I don't think it was meant to be a roast, nor racist. Judging from what I know about both men as well as the reaction of those in attendance I'm quite certain that it wasn't meant to be serious.

This is feigned outrage by you and other Democrats for a political purpose. Again at best it's intellectually dishonest.

I don't think it was meant to be a roast, nor racist. Judging from what I know about both men as well as the reaction of those in attendance I'm quite certain that it wasn't meant to be serious.

This is feigned outrage by you and other Democrats for a political purpose. Again at best it's intellectually dishonest.

OH...so he wasn't SERIOUS when he gave Strom that compliment?

He didn't really mean that America should have elected Strom? He really meant that we are lucky we didn't? I see.

OH...so he wasn't SERIOUS when he gave Strom that compliment?

He didn't really mean that America should have elected Strom? He really meant that we are lucky we didn't? I see.

The willful ignorance and intellectual myopia of our resident (closet) sheet wearers and neocons is astounding sometimes. Someone pointed out that the heinous civil rights/racial history of the democratic party is DIRECTLY tied to the Southern Democrat, or "dixiecrat".

You're opponents get REAL quiet about that one.

Also, they fail to acknowledge that the Dixiecrats have NOT ruled the Dem party for some time now (save for being stubborn little cusses that occasionaly cause trouble....much like the current "Bluedog" Dems). Add to this the record of the GOP trying to ELIMINATE certain SCOTUS rulings regarding civil rights, and they all but go catatonic.

You keep repeating this stupid fuckin' lie over and over....like an idiot ....

"Trent Lott said that America would be a better place today if Strom Thurmond had been elected president"

So lets set the record straight...

Lott said....
the United States would have avoided "all these problems" if Strom Thurmond had been elected president in 1948.

Never defining what "all these problems" meant....
He immediately apologized to those pinheads that took the quip seriously...
----
"A poor choice of words conveyed to some the impression that I embraced the discarded policies of the past," Lott said. "Nothing could be further from the truth, and I apologize to anyone who was offended by my statement."

Lott, R-Mississippi, made the comment Thursday on Capitol Hill during a 100th birthday celebration for Thurmond
----
He was trying to compliment a fuckin' 100 year old colleague at his birthday celebration...nothing more and nothing less....only the pinheads made a big deal over nothing ....

PS...and its obvious some pinheads STILL want to make a big deal of nothing....

All the bullshit rants won't change history..

the record shows that since 1933 Republicans had a more positive record on civil rights than the Democrats.

In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 percent of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96 percent of the votes.

http://www.congresslink.org/civil/essay.html and http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum...2.03.04.x.html

Last edited:
The willful ignorance and intellectual myopia of our resident (closet) sheet wearers and neocons is astounding sometimes. Someone pointed out that the heinous civil rights/racial history of the democratic party is DIRECTLY tied to the Southern Democrat, or "dixiecrat".

You're opponents get REAL quiet about that one.

Also, they fail to acknowledge that the Dixiecrats have NOT ruled the Dem party for some time now (save for being stubborn little cusses that occasionaly cause trouble....much like the current "Bluedog" Dems). Add to this the record of the GOP trying to ELIMINATE certain SCOTUS rulings regarding civil rights, and they all but go catatonic.
Thanks for acknowledging that your Democrat Party contains these segregationists.

Back