The History of the Democrat Party

so...you admit that Trent Lott did, in fact say, that our nation would be better off today if Strom Thurmond had been elected president in 1948, but you want to suggest that "sane" people would understand that he didn't really MEAN that America would be better off today if we had elected a racist segregationist whose platform included a ban on interracial marriage?

sure.

WHY would America have been better today if we had elected a staunch segregationist in 1948? Why would Lott say that we WOULD have been better if he didn't MEAN it?

Words have meanings. You need to deal with that.

"Words have meanings."

You mean like I said you should pray and then you neg-repped me and said I should jack off in my hat??

I don't wear a hat, so can I borrow yours??
You should pray.

no. you appear to be denying the meaning of words.

If he wanted to say that Strom Thurmond was a great guy and a wonderful politician, he could have said that without stating that America would be a better place TODAY if we had elected a segregationist as president instead of Harry Truman.

Then you're saying that President Obama meant what he said, when he made his comment about there being 57 States and then there was the comment about bowling!!

Like any non-serious remark, the interpretation is left open.

so...you would agree that reasonable people might interpret his statements as condoning Strom's racist presidential campaign agenda?

good.

that is all I needed to hear. I suggest that we are done now. Thanks... and don't you wish that you could somehow bury that stupid statement of yours and thereby cause blacks to overwhelmingly return to the GOP fold? :rofl:

asked and answered a long time ago...DO try to keep up, moron.

You're the one that is making the case of those words having meaning.
You make a narrow case; but it's still the one you made.

You should pray, to be more inclusive; like people in Augusta are supposed to be.

So you agree that we can claim Obama is a certifiable asshole for claiming he visited 57 States, and had one to go.....Alaska and Hawaii....
Actually, its more like hes retarded....right Pinhead...

So you agree that we can claim Obama is a certifiable asshole for claiming he visited 57 States, and had one to go.....Alaska and Hawaii....
Actually, its more like hes retarded....right Pinhead...

I claim that Obama made a slip of the tongue...and that your continual harping upon it is merely an indication of how weak your argument really is.

why not got back to that "quote" from Obama that you posted and try to defend THAT, fucking loser.

I claim that Obama made a slip of the tongue...and that your continual harping upon it is merely an indication of how weak your argument really is.

why not got back to that "quote" from Obama that you posted and try to defend THAT, fucking loser.

But words have "meaning", so he must have meant it and that would mean he believed it; unless you want to profess that President Obama is a liar!!

Which is it?? Did he mean it, or was he lying??

Pray for guidance, before you answer.

But words have "meaning", so he must have meant it and that would mean he believed it; unless you want to profess that President Obama is a liar!!

Which is it?? Did he mean it, or was he lying??

Pray for guidance, before you answer.

no prayers needed. Obama misspoke. end of discussion.

And I agree that Lott, in trying to compliment an old man on his 100th birthday made an off hand remark without considering the fact that pinheads, such as yourself, would make an issue of.....and build a mountain out of molehill all for a few political points...

Hows that, pinhead ?:tongout:

no prayers needed. Obama misspoke. end of discussion.

So let me get this straight....these two assholes are still trying to compare a error in stating the number of states as opposed to a praising declaration that a man with a political history of anti-civil rights and segregationist would have been better for the country as President?

You've got the patients of a saint to bang your head against that wall of ignorance and denial.

So let me get this straight....these two assholes are still trying to compare a error in stating the number of states as opposed to a praising declaration that a man with a political history of anti-civil rights and segregationist would have been better for the country as President?

You've got the patients of a saint to bang your head against that wall of ignorance and denial.

Granted, Thurmond was running against Truman :) ... But, still, I want to know how the fuck someone says 57 states? I remember some pundit claiming that there's 57 Muslim states (no idea if true) and that Obama was accidentally referring to them, which was also sadly funny.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

Granted, Thurmond was running against Truman :) ... But, still, I want to know how the fuck someone says 57 states? I remember some pundit claiming that there's 57 Muslim states (no idea if true) and that Obama was accidentally referring to them, which was also sadly funny.

Ehh, a fuck up is a fuck up! No excuses...once it's done, it's done. One of the great mysteries of the human mind. That "57 Muslim states" sounds like prime Limbaugh or Beck or Savage or Levin sound bite, though.

Byrd has history of anti-civil rights and a segregationist, along with membership in an organization that hung blacks from trees and hunted down run-away slaves for the slave owning Democrats of Southern plantations.

Ironic that the pinheads have Sen. Robert Byrd, self admitted member of the KKK serving as a member and former Senate Leader of the Democratic Party.

he has been honored as the Dean of the Senate since 2003

Byrd is President pro tempore of the United States Senate, a position that puts him third in the line of presidential succession.

The pinhead logic is just mind-blowing.....

Back