The History of the Democrat Party

West Virginia's Democratic Senator Robert Byrd was a recruiter for the Klan while in his 20s and 30s, rising to the title of Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter. After leaving the group, Byrd spoke in favor of the Klan during his early political career. Though he claimed to have left the organization in 1943, Byrd wrote a letter in 1946 to the group's Imperial Wizard stating "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." Byrd defended the Klan in his 1958 U.S. Senate campaign when he was 41 years old.[9]

Despite being the only Senator to vote against both African American U.S. Supreme Court nominees (liberal Thurgood Marshall and conservative Clarence Thomas) and filibustering the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Byrd has since said joining the Klan was his "greatest mistake." The NAACP, at one time, gave him a 100% rating on their issues.[10] However, in a 2001 incident Byrd repeatedly used the phrase "white niggers" on a national television broadcast.[11]

Former Grand Wizard of the KKK David Duke won Louisiana's House Seat as a Republican and served from 1990-92. He NEVER DENOUNCED OR RENOUNCED HIS WHITE SUPREMACIST PAST OF TIES.

Unlike Byrd, who did

http://www.slate.com/id/2075662

Q: What has been your biggest mistake and your biggest success?

A: Well, it's easy to state what has been my biggest mistake. The greatest mistake I ever made was joining the Ku Klux Klan. And I've said that many times. But one cannot erase what he has done. He can only change his ways and his thoughts. That was an albatross around my neck that I will always wear. You will read it in my obituary that I was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

Former Grand Wizard of the KKK David Duke won Louisiana's House Seat as a Republican and served from 1990-92. He NEVER DENOUNCED OR RENOUNCED HIS WHITE SUPREMACIST PAST OF TIES.

Unlike Byrd, who did

A: Well, it's easy to state what has been my biggest mistake. The greatest mistake I ever made was joining the Ku Klux Klan. And I've said that many times. But one cannot erase what he has done. He can only change his ways and his thoughts. That was an albatross around my neck that I will always wear. You will read it in my obituary that I was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

Yeah, a klansman you can see and the one who pretends~~~:cool:

Something you just can't shrug off. Former Grand Wizard of the KKK David Duke won Louisiana's House Seat as a Republican and served from 1990-92. He NEVER DENOUNCED OR RENOUNCED HIS WHITE SUPREMACIST PAST OF TIES.

Unlike Byrd, who did

--------

I never said Byrd was a saint....but I'm STILL waiting for you to produce evidence of GOPer's renouncing their bigoted or racist past.

Duke won a GOP State senate seat against a GOP rival supported by the national GOP, and was soundly defeated when he ran for a second term. Byrd has been a US senator since the invention of dirt, and held up as the "conscience of the senate" by libtards.

Other than that, a valid comparison. /sarcasm

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

Unlike Byrd, who did

Yeah, a klansman you can see and the one who pretends~~~:cool:

Ahhh, the Ice Dancers slips and sprawls! You can't dodge or bullshit your way out of this......you neocon clowns rant and rave about Byrd but shut your yaps real fast when someone points to David Duke.

Bottom line....Byrd renounced, Duke didn't. Let me know when you want to do other comparisons.

Something you just can't shrug off. Former Grand Wizard of the KKK David Duke won Louisiana's House Seat as a Republican and served from 1990-92. He NEVER DENOUNCED OR RENOUNCED HIS WHITE SUPREMACIST PAST OF TIES.

Unlike Byrd, who did

--------

I never said Byrd was a saint....but I'm STILL waiting for you to produce evidence of GOPer's renouncing their bigoted or racist past.

Duke won a GOP State senate seat against a GOP rival supported by the national GOP, and was soundly defeated when he ran for a second term. Byrd has been a US senator since the invention of dirt, and held up as the "conscience of the senate" by libtards.

Other than that, a valid comparison. /sarcasm

Poor Southy, scrambling like a roach when the lights go on.....

Duke couldn't cut on the Dem ticket...but the GOP sure as hell embraced him and sent him as a State rep to the House DESPITE his Klan past and continuing white supremacist dogma.

I make no apologies for Byrd.....but he did renounce his Klan past. Duke never did.

A matter of fact, a matter of history.....two things neocon parrots seem to have a consistant problem with.

Poor Southy, scrambling like a roach when the lights go on.....

Duke couldn't cut on the Dem ticket...but the GOP sure as hell embraced him and sent him as a State rep to the House DESPITE his Klan past and continuing white supremacist dogma.

I make no apologies for Byrd.....but he did renounce his Klan past. Duke never did.

A matter of fact, a matter of history.....two things neocon parrots seem to have a consistant problem with.

The GOP didn't embrace him Libbie. Many prominent national Republicans campaigned for his rival. Of course you know that since I've schooled you on it before. But since its the only thing you have to call the GOP racist, its what you use. :)

Southy, just when I think you can't say anything dumber than usual, you surpass yourself!

Are you denying that Jews vote Democrat by a large margin?

Post #324, 325, 328

You and the asshole with the hat are not the clever little David Duke wanna-be's you think you are. Go seek solace with your like minded bretheren here...or better carrying on about me not answering your dodgy BS question here.

Post #324, 325, 328

You and the asshole with the hat are not the clever little David Duke wanna-be's you think you are. Go seek solace with your like minded bretheren here...or better carrying on about me not answering your dodgy BS question here.

Those posts have nothing to do with my question that you seek to avoid.

As for your repeated Duke insult, again, it is your beloved Democrat Party that nurtured the KKK.

Democratic party. Using "Democrat" would only be appropriate if you were referring to us as "The Democrats". Without that context, it is merely grammatically inappropriate, and highlights your general ignorance.

Democratic party. Using "Democrat" would only be appropriate if you were referring to us as "The Democrats". Without that context, it is merely grammatically inappropriate, and highlights your general ignorance.

I think it just refers to how you're of one mind and one vote about everything, like the borg.

Democrat Party / Democratic Party....whats the difference....its the same assholes either way....its the Party of the Jackass.....

anyway

the thread was actually very informative as a whole....

Last edited:
Back