The Iceage will SUCK

A funny thing happens when an industry starts growing. If you look at trends throughout history, progress tends to be exponential.

What that means, toppy, is that there are things that will happen in even the next 5 or 10 years which will completely surprise even those who are currently working on green technologies. There will be mechanisms & innovations on methods of harnessing & distributing alt energy that aren't even being talked about right now.

And here you are, guaranteeing that oil will still dominate 4 decades from now, based on...the restaurants being full? What, exactly?

LOL

A funny thing happens when an industry starts growing. If you look at trends throughout history, progress tends to be exponential.

What that means, toppy, is that there are things that will happen in even the next 5 or 10 years which will completely surprise even those who are currently working on green technologies. There will be mechanisms & innovations on methods of harnessing & distributing alt energy that aren't even being talked about right now.

And here you are, guaranteeing that oil will still dominate 4 decades from now, based on...the restaurants being full? What, exactly?

Its obvious he has blinders on and has NO exposure to the work being done in alt energy right now. He likes using past data and pretending that is somehow a prediction of the future.

I read this article over the weekend. Its interesting but its based on a lot of hypothetical evidence.

I hope you guys are right, not superfreakymadofish sf though.
I'll be dead in 2050 so I won't see it.
At 7% now and not a lot of upside to wind or solar overtaking gasoline I don't see the path. Neither do the vast majority of experts.
But hey I hope for a jetsons backpack some day too.

I hope you guys are right, not superfreakymadofish sf though.
I'll be dead in 2050 so I won't see it.
At 7% now and not a lot of upside to wind or solar overtaking gasoline I don't see the path. Neither do the vast majority of experts.
But hey I hope for a jetsons backpack some day too.

Wind and solar are NOT supposed to take over for gasoline you moron. They are designed to take over ELECTRIC production. Nat gas, hydrogen fuel cells, biodiesel etc... are supposed to diminish the use of oil in vehicles.

Show me one expert that supports your views toppy... just one that says alt energy doesn't have a chance.

You clearly are not informed on the progress being made in solar, so why would we expect you to know anything about any other alt energy source?

your a fool and you steal from old ladies.
I know way more than you about the energy industry and solar is not even 2% you fool.

Wind and solar are NOT supposed to take over for gasoline you moron. They are designed to take over ELECTRIC production. Nat gas, hydrogen fuel cells, biodiesel etc... are supposed to diminish the use of oil in vehicles.

Show me one expert that supports your views toppy... just one that says alt energy doesn't have a chance.

You clearly are not informed on the progress being made in solar, so why would we expect you to know anything about any other alt energy source?

all i know is i got a 50,000 investment worth 15k right now. that sucks...

I'm not saying it's going to happen but the 70's say interest almost totally go away when oil dropped.

your a fool and you steal from old ladies.
I know way more than you about the energy industry and solar is not even 2% you fool.

You may know more about the OIL industry, but you do not know more about energy on the whole. Your stupidity is shown once again as you ignorantly cling to PAST data and pretend that somehow projects what the future will bring.

supertool again go rob an old lady.
I looked up agressive estimates frequently and the industry's own planners don't have alternates dominating that soon.

I looked up agressive estimates frequently and the industry's own planners don't have alternates dominating that soon.

He told me the last old lady surprised him...she had a taser.

He just got out of the hospital this morning.

all i know is i got a 50,000 investment worth 15k right now. that sucks...

The drop in oil prices certainly put alt energy stocks into a downspin, the shortsellers helped as well. Put the uptick back in place and watch the spike.

That said, the shakedown in the industry is upon us. Time to get rid of the weaker companies. Either through bankruptcy or acquisition.

Show us what the industry planners are predicting toppy... link to it. You are just a friggin hack who cannot admit he doesn't understand the competition. You are talking about 40 years.

For you to say with a straight face that it is not going to happen, when you can look back over the past 40 years and see how far we have come, is nothing more than idiocy.

I love the alt energy industy
you guys have heard me tout ENER for it's hybrid battery and solar too many times.
There are too many obsticles for alt to dominate that fast.
When you have turbo-libs playing the NIMBY card how can you win.
Also only a few turn a profit, ENER just report its first profitable qtr last yr.

I love the alt energy industy
you guys have heard me tout ENER for it's hybrid battery and solar too many times.
There are too many obsticles for alt to dominate that fast.
When you have turbo-libs playing the NIMBY card how can you win.
Also only a few turn a profit, ENER just report its first profitable qtr last yr.

LMAO... that is one of the reasons it is so comical.

Tell us what those obstacles are toppy. You keep saying 'that fast'... it is FORTY friggin years we are talking about.

fool Ted Kennedy & co blocking wind mills
green groups blocking windmills due to bird killings
ineficiency of solar cells
silocon cost
reluctance to buy plug in cars due to milage limits.
Stop being an asswhole salesman your whole life and use you brain you rightwingnut.

Back