The jury

Do you actually think that the state had no jurisdiction here? You have to be a blithering idiot to think the state would take someone to court with no jurisdiction.
The states case was related to falsification of documents, Not campaign funding. There's a reason why no federal agency took up the case.

Do you think the jurors will now have to go into hiding? The implications of their verdict for them and their families had to weigh on their minds. Yet, they did the right thing, anyway.

Pretty fucking brave.
Oh 100 percent there are Trump cultists who are already trying to figure out names and addresses so they can go on an assassination mission

Misappropriating campaign funds is a federal charge in this case. No federal agency saw reason to charge Trump and it's not in a state's jurisdiction.
But his business record fraud was done in New York, and it was done for the express purpose of committing a crime. The first part is what the jury was deciding, the second part is only relevant to the extent that it informs the jury's decision on the first part. No charges on the federal campaign fund crime are needed, they just needed to be convinced that a crime was committed and that crime was the underlying reason for the business record fraud.

But his business record fraud was done in New York, and it was done for the express purpose of committing a crime. The first part is what the jury was deciding, the second part is only relevant to the extent that it informs the jury's decision on the first part. No charges on the federal campaign fund crime are needed, they just needed to be convinced that a crime was committed and that crime was the underlying reason for the business record fraud.
They used the assumption of campaign finance fraud to turn a misdemeanor into a felony.

Nope. Nothing about finance fraud..
Yes, it was about campaign finance fraud. That's why Cohen was sentenced to prison in 2018. He was charged and sentenced federally, not at a state level because he violated federal law. The federal government, at least twice, passed on the opportunity to bring a case against Trump for orchestrating the hush money payment. Brag, wrongly in many peoples' opinions, manufactured a non-existent federal case against Trump to turn what should have only been misdemeanor charges for falsifying documents into felonies, then created some unisual rules for the jury which like increases the odds of conviction.

I think Trump is a garbage human being, but this isn't how our "justice" system should run.

You KNOW there's a MAGA hacker somewhere RIGHT THIS MINUTE trying to figure out how to dox every one of them.

I actually kinda feel bad for them because of how unhinged Trump's worshippers can get.
Most Trump supporters are just like their
Orange Messiah Fuhrer! All talk !

Yes, it was about campaign finance fraud. That's why Cohen was sentenced to prison in 2018. He was charged and sentenced federally, not at a state level because he violated federal law. The federal government, at least twice, passed on the opportunity to bring a case against Trump for orchestrating the hush money payment. Brag, wrongly in many peoples' opinions, manufactured a non-existent federal case against Trump to turn what should have only been misdemeanor charges for falsifying documents into felonies, then created some unisual rules for the jury which like increases the odds of conviction.

I think Trump is a garbage human being, but this isn't how our "justice" system should run.
One more time, Jethro. Campaign finance was not an element in this case.

The felony was to illegally pay the hush money with the intent to

Cohen pleaded guilty because he made the payments himself.

Trump’s felony was the falsification of payments with the intent to influence an election. The charges were not “turned into” anything. They were felonies all along.

Do you think the jurors will now have to go into hiding? The implications of their verdict for them and their families had to weigh on their minds. Yet, they did the right thing, anyway.

Pretty fucking brave.
No, I'm pretty sure the DA will protect the identity of these jurors. If I was a juror, I would ask to the state for a permit to carry a conceal firearm for a while just in case?!! It would be a big mistake for one of Trump supporters to harm anyone involved in this trial?!!

One more time, Jethro. Campaign finance was not an element in this case.
Yes it was. .
The felony was to illegally pay the hush money with the intent to
It is absolutely not illegal to pay hush money unless it's related to campaign financing.
Actors, professional athletes and wealthy people do it all the time.
Cohen pleaded guilty because he made the payments himself.
And this case, a "falsifying docs case, was based on predicate charges related to Trump orchestrating the payments the Cohen made and was sentenced on.
Trump’s felony was the falsification of payments with the intent to influence an election. The charges were not “turned into” anything. They were felonies all along.
Again, they were based on him orchestrating the Cohen payment. The federal government passed on charging Trump multiple times. Stop getting your news from MSNBC talking heads.

No, I'm pretty sure the DA will protect the identity of these jurors. If I was a juror, I would ask to the state for a permit to carry a conceal firearm for a while just in case?!! It would be a big mistake for one of Trump supporters to harm anyone involved in this trial?!!
Gonna be tough to stay anonymous. I sure hope they are successful.

Twelve patriots, for sure.

Yes it was. . It is absolutely not illegal to pay hush money. Actors, professional athletes and wealthy people do it all the time. And this case, a "falsifying docs case, was based on predicate charges related to Trump orchestrating the payments the Cohen made and was sentenced on. Again, they were based on him orchestrating the Cohen payment. The federal government passed on charging Trump multiple times. Stop getting your news from MSNBC talking heads.
Hush money payment isn’t illegal. If Trump pays it outright, he’s good. They were falsified as business or legal expenses.

You want an underlying crime? Good. You just admitted to one. The one that Cohen pleaded guilty to.

Sorry, pally boy, I rarely watch the news and even more rarely tune into MSNBC.

Hush money payment isn’t illegal. If Trump pays it outright, he’s good. They were falsified as business or legal expenses.
Right. Hence what should have been a misdemeanor charge of falsifying docs only....before the statute of limitations ran out, of course.
You want an underlying crime? Good. You just admitted to one. The one that Cohen pleaded guilty to.
COHEN pleaded guilty to and the federal government, who has jurisdiction on campaign finance legal questions, decided multiple times to not charge Trump on.
Sorry, pally boy, I rarely watch the news and even more rarely tune into MSNBC.
Well then get better news sources or stop being blinded by your hatred for Trump and SEE what truly happened here.

Right. Hence what should have been a misdemeanor charge of falsifying docs only....before the statute of limitations ran out, of course.
COHEN pleaded guilty to and the federal government, who has jurisdiction on campaign finance legal questions, decided multiple times to not charge Trump on. Well then get better news sources or stop being blinded by your hatred for Trump and SEE what truly happened here.
You see, pally boy. This is the way the legal system works in this country. Because one has not been charged with a specific crime does not mean they have not committed one.

Now, let’s go back to your necessary “underlying crime”. Cohen was guilty of the underlying crime you so desperately need. Bam. Done. So, we know that crime had been committed. Fact of law.

Now, in Trump’s case, the illegality of the payments was a slam dunk. Those jurors figured that out immediately. So, the question was why? The answer is obvious to any rational person.

Back