The National Collaborativist Thread

I don't propose autarky. I propose limiting trade to only beneficial relationships.

But my actual beliefs aside, why would autarky necessitate imperialist expansion?

Because you cannot be economically self-sufficient without having access to a plethora of resources that would necessitate expansion.

Lol. If you say so...even if I make the absurd assumption that you are correct in saying America has access to all necessary resources, how long do you think our own supplies will last without trade?

How long will the world last without trade from other planets?

The resources we really need are renewable. food. timber.

Complete autarky is not my first choice, my first choice is reasonable trade which does not make america dependant. If I have to choose between autarky and complete dependance on foreign powers as our enemies are trying to make us, I choose autarky.

How long will the world last without trade from other planets?

The resources we really need are renewable. food. timber.

Complete autarky is not my first choice, my first choice is reasonable trade which does not make america dependant. If I have to choose between autarky and complete dependance on foreign powers as our enemies are trying to make us, I choose autarky.

Food and timber are not the only resources, and all of the resources of planet Earth are found on Earth-- all of the resources needed to fuel a modern nation are not found in one geographical location.

Gonzo,

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take it all away." - Goldwater

Luckily the government won't be giving you anything, only not taking things away...

On a serious note, that is why I am evaluating how to implement it without the pitfalls of authoritarianism.

You can call it whatever you want, its still just a political weapon.

No, it's not. It's a protective measure to preserve crucial production capacity of selected industries, or simply to protect the american working class. Other countries may like us to depend on them for everything, but that's stupid, born of stupidity, stupidophylic, etc.

Last edited:
No, it's not. It's a protective measure to preserve crucial production capacity of selected industries, or simply to protect the american working class. Other countries may like us to depend on them for everything, but that's stupid, born of stupidity, stupidophylic, etc.

Interdependency is just the reality of modern living, without resorting to imperialism.

Interdependency is just the reality of modern living, without resorting to imperialism.

And tariffs and other protectionist measures are ways that governments protect their production capacity or workers in this interdependant situation, and if they choose instead to decimate their domestic populations by refusing to protect them, I say we reject the whole system.

There is no fate. Things don't "have to be" a certain way. We can choose.

I mean shit, we can at least force china to peg their currency properly. Our elites are using chinas' slave labor to put their own citizens out of work and make them dependant on the state. That's the truth of the matter. Fuck them.

Last edited:
And tariffs and other protectionist measures are ways that governments protect their production capacity or workers in this interdependant situation, and if they choose instead to decimate their domestic populations by refusing to protect them, I say we reject the whole system.

There is no fate. Things don't "have to be" a certain way. We can choose.

I mean shit, we can at least force china to peg their currency properly. Our elites are using chinas' slave labor to make put their own citizens out of work and make them dependant on the state. That's the truth of the matter. Fuck them.

Slave labour implies that the workers aren't being paid, and again comes back to the "standard of living" argument.

Americans seem to constantly assume that the dollar carries the same buying power as it does in America, when the dollar is not affected by the same luxury taxes and other such nonsense that we have in the States when used overseas.

So that .50 cents a day (or whatever) actually has more buying power than in our own country. In many instances companies will pay workers what would be a very low wage in the States but is in fact many times the wage recommended by the local government.

Slave labour implies that the workers aren't being paid, and again comes back to the "standard of living" argument.

Americans seem to constantly assume that the dollar carries the same buying power as it does in America, when the dollar is not affected by the same luxury taxes and other such nonsense that we have in the States when used overseas.

So that .50 cents a day (or whatever) actually has more buying power than in our own country. In many instances companies will pay workers what would be a very low wage in the States but is in fact many times the wage recommended by the local government.

It's wage slavery. and they are NOT living a nice life style. They live in wage slavery camps.

Do some reading.

You're simply ignorant on the matter.

laogai

It's wage slavery. and they are NOT living a nice life style. They live in wage slavery camps.

Do some reading.

You're simply ignorant on the matter.

laogai

Then say wage slavery rather than just slavery, otherwise you are using misleading language.

As far as life style, I never said it was nice...I said it was better than they would do if employed by their own government, and I said it isn't as bad a lifestyle as it would be over here (there is no way in hell you could live off of those wages in the US)...however, it still isn't the same as anti-globalists try to portray it.

Then say wage slavery rather than just slavery, otherwise you are using misleading language.

As far as life style, I never said it was nice...I said it was better than they would do if employed by their own government, and I said it isn't as bad a lifestyle as it would be over here (there is no way in hell you could live off of those wages in the US)...however, it still isn't the same as anti-globalists try to portray it.

Don't be a nit picker. It is as anti-globalists portray it.

Ah, so if you say so it makes it true? You do realise that the "race to the bottom" actually helps local, foreign economies more than it actually "ensalves" anyone?

it's not just me saying so. It's thousands of others talking about the work camps in china. Your state of denial is not as convincing for me as it is for you. Our orders profitize human mistreatment abroad and put free american workers in the unemployment line. Our business keeps the totalitarian sweatshop lords in power. It's sickening. It is precisely a race to the bottom for all humanity.

it's not just me saying so. It's thousands of others talking about the work camps in china. Your state of denial is not as convincing for me as it is for you. Our orders profitize human mistreatment abroad and put free american workers in the unemployment line. Our business keeps the totalitarian sweatshop lords in power. It's sickening. It is precisely a race to the bottom for all humanity.

Perhaps those third world workers would prefer to return to working in their mud fields for absolutely nothing.

American workers, as you have pointed out, are free....and therefore free to get a new job, protest their conditions, etc.

I help those who help themselves.

Back