The prestigious Institute for Creation Research

Probably no peer reviewed journals!
Too funny. Only losers believe that peer reviewed anything matters. If you were to acknowledge that actual achievements in a competitive industry make for authority, you'd be admitting to just how much of a loser you are.

I'd like to see how many PhDs are on the Institute's staff, what field of science they majored in, and what universities they graduated from
Only losers put their faith in credentials. Credentials can be purchased and any loser can buy them. Difficult are actual achievements in a competitive industry. That's why you find losers resigning to accumulating "credentials" and gravitating towards teaching positions.

Remember the rule: Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't, and can't teach, become leftists.

I am just stunned at your audacity to post such bizarre nonsense.

EyeBee's "teenage gossip girls" were not quoted from this thread so I don't know how to reprint them.

In any case, the models are at least thirty, so if nothing else, the jailbait issue isn't a concern.

I'd love to hear him discuss petroleum deposits with colleagues in the exploration field, then contrast/compare with what total b.s. he tells the faithful, wouldn't you? Bet they're not the same. :rofl2:

:)
I've known a couple of eccentric geologists like that. Somehow they can compartmentalize their scientific training from their religious fundamentalism.

People were finding oil well before the principles of Charles Darwin were widely accepted. The old school classic petroleum geologist of private industry was more a tradesman than a scholar. All you need to know is some stratigraphy, structural geology, and some geophysics to find oil.

I think those guys accept deep time and the geologic time scale. They just probably use that reasoning that six days to God might have been a billion years.

The Reichwing is so conflicted about science, aren't they? They condemn universities for offering studies in subjects other than STEM.
No, Coward. Conservatives totally understand that universities will graciously accept huge tuition payments from students who wish to major in something of zero value to society, e.g. History of Polynesian Dance Clothing. Conservatives simply mock the shit out of leftists who actually pay huge tuition payments from students who wish to major in something of zero value to society, e.g. History of Polynesian Dance Clothing, and show no sympathy when said students are buried in student debt upon graduation and cannot get a job. Conservatives pity those leftist students who will be totally manipulated and bent over furniture for years to come with the false promise of "student debt repayment."

They insist that universities should be training students for "real jobs,"
Not at all. Conservatives mock the shit out of students who will be foreseeably unemployed upon completion of their worthless program of study. Conservatives understand that universities will offer whatever any stupid overpaying customers wish.

Yet they also want public schools to teach this religious nonsense as part of the science curriculum.
No they don't. That stopped many decades ago. Now you are describing leftists who have succeeded in pushing their Global Warming and Climate Change religions into our children's science classroom, dumbing them down so that the DNC can more easily manipulate them in the future. Perhaps you don't love your children but I certainly love mine. I don't want any political party bending my children over furniture and fucking them up the ass. I teach my children to think independently and to never let anyone do their thinking for them. I always maintain a focus on what they are learning so I can correct any leftist indoctrination that seeps in. My children will be far more competitive than leftists' children who will suck at math and science and logic and economics because their parents imposed scientific illiteracy and mathematical incompetence on them.

Imagine a kid going into biochemistry or microbiology at university who was taught (and believes) that evolution is bunkum
Darwin's theory of evolution is not science. The most brilliant science geniuses can similarly reject Darwin's theory. Nothing in science requires acceptance of Darwin's theory. Only scientifically illiterate losers believe such a requirement exists.

I'd :laugh: at this but it's sad.

I'd love to hear him discuss petroleum deposits with colleagues in the exploration field, then contrast/compare with what total b.s. he tells the faithful, wouldn't you? Bet they're not the same.
I'll take you up on that bet. How much are you putting up?

No, Coward. Conservatives totally understand that universities will graciously accept huge tuition payments from students who wish to major in something of zero value to society, e.g. History of Polynesian Dance Clothing. Conservatives simply mock the shit out of leftists who actually pay huge tuition payments from students who wish to major in something of zero value to society, e.g. History of Polynesian Dance Clothing, and show no sympathy when said students are buried in student debt upon graduation and cannot get a job. Conservatives pity those leftist students who will be totally manipulated and bent over furniture for years to come with the false promise of "student debt repayment."

Not at all. Conservatives mock the shit out of students who will be foreseeably unemployed upon completion of their worthless program of study. Conservatives understand that universities will offer whatever any stupid overpaying customers wish.

No they don't. That stopped many decades ago. Now you are describing leftists who have succeeded in pushing their Global Warming and Climate Change religions into our children's science classroom, dumbing them down so that the DNC can more easily manipulate them in the future. Perhaps you don't love your children but I certainly love mine. I don't want any political party bending my children over furniture and fucking them up the ass. I teach my children to think independently and to never let anyone do their thinking for them. I always maintain a focus on what they are learning so I can correct any leftist indoctrination that seeps in. My children will be far more competitive than leftists' children who will suck at math and science and logic and economics because their parents imposed scientific illiteracy and mathematical incompetence on them.

Darwin's theory of evolution is not science. The most brilliant science geniuses can similarly reject Darwin's theory. Nothing in science requires acceptance of Darwin's theory. Only scientifically illiterate losers believe such a requirement exists.

I'd :laugh: at this but it's sad.

you are stupid as shit

People were finding oil well before the principles of Charles Darwin were widely accepted.
You babble and gibber. What does any of this have to do with anything being discussed. You have absolutely no skill at clearly expressing a point.

you are stupid as shit
Says he who just made his most intelligent post to date, without having to use any three-syllable words. You came within one word, one upper case letter and one period of actually completing a grammatically correct sentence. Your progress over this past year-and-a-half has been outstanding. Just stick with the baby steps. You're doing fine.

Says he who just made his most intelligent post to date, without having to use any three-syllable words. You came within one word, one upper case letter and one period of actually completing a grammatically correct sentence. Your progress over this past year-and-a-half has been outstanding. Just stick with the baby steps. You're doing fine.

zzzzzzz

:)
I've known a couple of eccentric geologists like that. Somehow they can compartmentalize their scientific training from their religious fundamentalism.

People were finding oil well before the principles of Charles Darwin were widely accepted. The old school classic petroleum geologist of private industry was more a tradesman than a scholar. All you need to know is some stratigraphy, structural geology, and some geophysics to find oil.

I think those guys accept deep time and the geologic time scale. They just probably use that reasoning that six days to God might have been a billion years.

I have heard sci guys use that reasoning. However, the OP says "ICR holds that the biblical record of primeval history in Genesis 1–11 is factual, historical, and clearly understandable and, therefore, that all things were created and made in six literal days."

So either these ICR sci guys don't really believe that nonsense, or they do and are relegated in their careers to emptying waste baskets and putting gas in the company fleet vehicles. lol

If they really believe this claptrap, then that explains why they don't work in a real scientific place anymore, if they ever did.

I have heard sci guys use that reasoning. However, the OP says "ICR holds that the biblical record of primeval history in Genesis 1–11 is factual, historical, and clearly understandable and, therefore, that all things were created and made in six literal days."

So either these ICR sci guys don't really believe that nonsense, or they do and are relegated in their careers to emptying waste baskets and putting gas in the company fleet vehicles. lol

If they really believe this claptrap, then that explains why they don't work in a real scientific place anymore, if they ever did.

So that Tim Clarey guy just decided what they were teaching him in grad school was wrong, and he actually didn't believe in deep time or believe that the fossil record was evidence of evolution.

He had to hide his views from other geologists in the oil industry, and ultimately as long as he proved he was good at finding oil, they probably didn't harass him about it.

https://creation.com/tim-clarey-interview

Sidebar: I think there is something wrong with the psychology of someone who spends eight years studying a discipline they think is wrong.

There are weirdos everywhere; the left is comprised of them.

So he has practical experience and actually knows what he's talking about. "Scholars" is just a euphemism for Quora-raiders, Wikipedia-rangers and Google-surfers who have no practical experience and who don't really know anything of any value.

Remember the rule: Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't, and who can't teach, become leftists.

Unless someone is competing in a particular industry, he is not the authority.

Learning biology and accepting Darwin's theory of evolution will obligate one to believe that the earth is very old, i.e. billions of years.
Learning biology and rejecting Darwin's theory of evolution will leave open the age the earth is believed to be.
No other branch of science is of any relevance in the matter, e.g. geology. The actual age of the earth is not known by anyone. Anyone claiming to know is irrationally committing an omniscience fallacy.

"There are weirdos everywhere" that is very true, and this forum is full of them, and you and JesusAI are the weirdest of the bunch.

So that Tim Clarey guy just decided what they were teaching him in grad school was wrong, and he actually didn't believe in deep time or believe that the fossil record was evidence of evolution.

He had to hide his views from other geologists in the oil industry, and ultimately as long as he proved he was good at finding oil, they probably didn't harass him about it.

https://creation.com/tim-clarey-interview

Sidebar: I think there is something wrong with the psychology of someone who spends eight years studying a discipline they think is wrong.

From the link:

I kept fairly quiet in the oil and gas industry, at least until I got to know my co-workers better. Occasionally, I would gently debate evolution and the age of the earth with a few geologists I worked closely with. First, though, I let them see I was a competent oil geologist. Once I had their respect, I would bring up evidence for a young Earth.

Sounds like he was encouraged to find another line of work. So he went into teaching. At college!

"Teaching in a secular college presented similar challenges: 'I had to watch closely what I said in my lectures.” Nonetheless, he could still lecture on the problems with radioisotope dates and the assumptions on which the vast ages are based. He also spoke plainly about the fossil record.'

"'I would show students that the fossils do not support large-scale evolution; they merely show sudden appearance and then stasis (staying the same)—and then disappearance. I pointed out the lack of transitional fossils between the different kinds.'"

No wonder he works at a third-rate "research" institute now. Bet that non-scientific rubbish wasn't appreciated at that secular college.

"There are weirdos everywhere" that is very true, and this forum is full of them, and you and JesusAI are the weirdest of the bunch.
I can't speak for anybody else, but if you think I'm weird ... I'm good with that. Have a great day.

From the link:

Sounds like he was encouraged to find another line of work. So he went into teaching. At college!

"Teaching in a secular college presented similar challenges: 'I had to watch closely what I said in my lectures.” Nonetheless, he could still lecture on the problems with radioisotope dates and the assumptions on which the vast ages are based. He also spoke plainly about the fossil record.'

"'I would show students that the fossils do not support large-scale evolution; they merely show sudden appearance and then stasis (staying the same)—and then disappearance. I pointed out the lack of transitional fossils between the different kinds.'"

No wonder he works at a third-rate "research" institute now. Bet that non-scientific rubbish wasn't appreciated at that secular college.

He sounds like a really p*ssy.

All that talk about "gently" broaching the topic with fellow geologists and hiding his true beliefs from his students.

There is some bizarre psychology at play here. Why devote years of your life to a science you don't believe in? Surely in a country like America, he could have found a job he didn't feel he had to lie and fake it.

He sounds like a really p*ssy.

All that talk about "gently" broaching the topic with fellow geologists and hiding his true beliefs from his students.

There is some bizarre psychology at play here. Why devote years of your life to a science you don't believe in? Surely in a country like America, he could have found a job he didn't feel he had to lie and fake it.

I know. I don't get it either. He's obviously extremely intelligent to graduate summa cum laude, and then to get the other degrees as well. But now he does "research" in the field, trying to fit the geological and fossil record into a apocryphal flood story told by Bronze Age sheepherders in their tents and around their campfires. I suppose he thinks he's doing his god's work. It's puzzling, and a bit sad too.

Back