THE QUESTION OF WHETHER ANY GODS EXIST...

God most certainly does exist. Just ask anyone on the Loyola basketball team. Or Sister Jean..;)

God most certainly does exist. Just ask anyone on the Loyola basketball team. Or Sister Jean..;)

It would seem that asking Bernie Madoff if he trust trustworthy is probably not the best way to ascertain trustworthiness. Neither would asking “believers” what they believe in is therefore actually true.

Now, if you were just kidding around, just making a “tongue-in-cheek” remark, then I'm with you insofar as admiring Sister Jean's longevity & ability. She is certainly a remarkable person.

It would seem that asking Bernie Madoff if he trust trustworthy is probably not the best way to ascertain trustworthiness. Neither would asking “believers” what they believe in is therefore actually true.

Now, if you were just kidding around, just making a “tongue-in-cheek” remark, then I'm with you insofar as admiring Sister Jean's longevity & ability. She is certainly a remarkable person.

My guess would be that was exactly what TOP was doing...and I agree with you and TOP that Sister Jean is quite a remarkable person.

Frank Apisa, with me being a n00b, I've taken the time to go back through the 30 or so pages of this topic; and, unless I happened to overlook it, I didn't see where anyone had successfully invalidated your assertion that
The question of whether any gods exist cannot be answered using logic, reason, science, or math.

Did I miss a legitimate invalidation of your assertion?

My name is not Francis and, as you know by now, I do not do "believing."

This is how I think of you, my pet:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66999206/please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's OK Francis, you go right on believing that.

Now show everyone how your OCD makes you reply.

Frank Apisa, with me being a n00b, I've taken the time to go back through the 30 or so pages of this topic; and, unless I happened to overlook it, I didn't see where anyone had successfully invalidated your assertion that

Did I miss a legitimate invalidation of your assertion?

Not a one, Hyp.

I've made the assertion in a dozen different forums (fora)...and no LEGITIMATE invalidation has ever been made.

I suspect that is because NO LEGITIMATE INVALIDATION can be made.

An assertion "There is a GOD" or "There are no gods"...is only the result of a blind guess. No real logic, reason, science, or math involved.

Hope you enjoy the forum. Tough place. Lots of insults allowed...and used. But some meaningful discussions manage to break out occasionally.

Now show everyone how your OCD makes you reply.

My name is not Francis...and I do not do "believing."

I consider you to be my pet...and view you this way:

please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg

I consider you to be my pet...and view you this way:

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66999206/please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Now show everyone how your OCD makes you reply. :D

I consider you to be my pet. This is how I view you:

I don't need to prove you wrong. At your advanced age, God will get his chance soon enough. It would be interesting to see your reaction when you get the proof.

Are you saying that God is helpless to demonstrate His own existence? So much for the idea of omnipotence.

Are you saying that God is helpless to demonstrate His own existence? So much for the idea of omnipotence.

A worthy question.

If the god these people worship can do anything and everything...demonstrating its existence should be a snap. And it should be conclusive.

Theists make "faith" a great virtue...because they cannot account for why their omnipotent god does not unambiguously reveal itself...or why it only reveals itself to a few...who have first to "search" for the revelation.

If one tries hard enough...Zeus will reveal himself.

I think of you as my pet...looking like this:

A worthy question.

If the god these people worship can do anything and everything...demonstrating its existence should be a snap. And it should be conclusive.

Theists make "faith" a great virtue...because they cannot account for why their omnipotent god does not unambiguously reveal itself...or why it only reveals itself to a few...who have first to "search" for the revelation.

If one tries hard enough...Zeus will reveal himself.

But God does reveal himself, Francis.

It's just your decision to not pay attention.

:truestory:

Okay...now that I have responded to the others...time to clean up the dirt you leave, US.

please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg

Okay...now that I have responded to the others...time to clean up the dirt you leave, US.

Back