THE QUESTION OF WHETHER ANY GODS EXIST...

That's OK Francis, you go right on believing that.

Now show everyone how your OCD makes you reply. :D

My name is not Francis...and I do not do "believing."

I think of you as my pet...looking like this:

please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66999206/please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66999206/please-pet-me-im-begging-you.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/27geah.jpg

...cannot be answered using logic, reason, science, or math.

It just cannot be done...or at least, I am asserting that it cannot. I've tried...never come close. I've challenged hundreds of others to give it a shot...none has ever come close.

I am inviting anyone who can prove the assertion wrong...or show substantially that it most likely is wrong...to do so.

To make my assertion even more specific...and more encompassing...I'm going to expand it:

One cannot use logic, reason, science, or math...to substantiate "At least one god exists."

One cannot use logic, reason, science, or math...to substantiate "No gods exist."

One cannot use logic, reason, science, or math...to substantiate "It is more likely that at least one god exists...than that no gods exist."

One cannot use logic, reason, science, or math...to substantiate "It is more likely that no gods exist...than that at least one god exists."

Comments would be appreciated.

Proving me wrong would be even more appreciated.

Logic is subjective. Believe in whatever or believe in nothing in this regard. It is your choice.

If believing in God or Buddha or whatever adds value to your life, then believe away. If it wouldn't, believe in there being no deities.

I prefer not to do any "believing" (or blind guessing) in this area.

That seems like a more rational choice than what you are suggesting here.

We can discuss it!

I prefer not to do any "believing" (or blind guessing) in this area.

That seems like a more rational choice than what you are suggesting here.

We can discuss it!

Sounds like you want to go with whatever seems the populist way or at least the intelligentsia-correct way. Your faith or lack thereof should be based on your beliefs. It is not someone else's duty or even ability to make you believe a certain way. You get there on your own, as others will get somewhere else on their own even in the midst of all the pro/con noise.

Sounds like you want to go with whatever seems the populist way or at least the intelligentsia-correct way. Your faith or lack thereof should be based on your beliefs. It is not someone else's duty or even ability to make you believe a certain way. You get there on your own, as others will get somewhere else on their own even in the midst of all the pro/con noise.

What the hell are you talking about?

Here is my stance...which I have given several times:

I do not know if gods exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST...that the existence of gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that gods are needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

Some people blindly guess there are gods. (They call their blind guesses "beliefs")

Some people blindly guess there are no gods. (They often call their blind guesses "beliefs" also.)

I do not blindly guess on the question. There is not enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess...

...so I don't.

What the hell are you talking about?

Here is my stance...which I have given several times:

I do not know if gods exist or not;
I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST...that the existence of gods is impossible;
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that gods are needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

Some people blindly guess there are gods. (They call their blind guesses "beliefs")

Some people blindly guess there are no gods. (They often call their blind guesses "beliefs" also.)

I do not blindly guess on the question. There is not enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess...

...so I don't.

So you blindly guess and pretend you don't. Whatever works for you.

Back