THE QUESTION OF WHETHER ANY GODS EXIST...

A belief in God is based on logic and reason. There is plenty of evidence to support such a belief. For example, the Bible is full of prophecies. There is not a single one that has been proven wrong. There is only one explanation. It is the word of God.

prove the predictions in the bible came true

Why do some people use the word faith like it's a dirty word?

Most people don't. It is not a dirty word.

But for the most part, it is used to mean something other than what it is.

A "belief" is a guess about the unknown. "Faith" is insisting that guess is correct.

Most people have faith that the sun will rise tomorrow. This faith is based on evidence.

The sun IS NOT GOING TO RISE TOMORROW. It is an illusion.

The Earth is going to rotate on its axis...and it will give the illusion of the sun rising.

The "faith" that the sun will rise tomorrow...is based on an illusion.

Thank you for using it.

A faith in God is no different.

Yeah!

It is a faith based on evidence.

Yeah...just like the sun is going to rise tomorrow.

Most people don't. It is not a dirty word.

But for the most part, it is used to mean something other than what it is.

A "belief" is a guess about the unknown. "Faith" is insisting that guess is correct.

The sun IS NOT GOING TO RISE TOMORROW. It is an illusion.

The Earth is going to rotate on its axis...and it will give the illusion of the sun rising.

The "faith" that the sun will rise tomorrow...is based on an illusion.

Thank you for using it.

Yeah!

Yeah...just like the sun is going to rise tomorrow.

What you describe is blind faith. Not the same as evidence based faith. A scientists has faith that his experiments will yield consistent results. This is because of his faith in the universal laws, especially the law of cause and effect. BTW, where do you think those universal laws came from? Did they just suddenly pop into existence all by themselves? If you say yes, then I have a bridge I want to sell you.

What you describe is blind faith.

What I described was "faith." Blind faith is when you are unable to see that "faith" is nothing more than insisting your guess (which you call a belief) is correct.

Not the same as evidence based faith.

Any "belief" or "faith" about whether a GOD exists OR NOT...is NOT evidence based.

You are kidding yourself.

A scientists has faith that his experiments will yield consistent results. This is because of his faith in the universal laws, especially the law of cause and effect. BTW, where do you think those universal laws came from? Did they just suddenly pop into existence all by themselves? If you say yes, then I have a bridge I want to sell you.

Sell it to yourself...because if you think the "faith" a scientist has in experiments and replications is anything like the "faith" of a person like you guessing there is a GOD...and guessing about the things that please and offend the god...

...you will find a willing buyer.

What I described was "faith." Blind faith is when you are unable to see that "faith" is nothing more than insisting your guess (which you call a belief) is correct.

Any "belief" or "faith" about whether a GOD exists OR NOT...is NOT evidence based.

You are kidding yourself.

Sell it to yourself...because if you think the "faith" a scientist has in experiments and replications is anything like the "faith" of a person like you guessing there is a GOD...and guessing about the things that please and offend the god...

...you will find a willing buyer.

Sorry, but you are a blithering idiot. There is plenty of evidence for the existence of God. You cannot deny it. You may not believe such evidence, but it does exist. Your unbelief does not change the facts.

Sorry, but you are a blithering idiot.

I don't "blither." At least, I think I don't. Not even sure of what it means.

There is plenty of evidence for the existence of God.

If you had said, "There may be plenty of evidence for the existence of a god"...I could have agreed with you.

IF there is a GOD...EVERYTHING is evidence of that GOD.

But, since we do not know if there is one...there is no way a logical, rational person could assert "There is plenty of evidence for the existence of God." (I acknowledge the backhanded insult.)

You cannot deny it.

Don't be silly. Of course I can. I won't...because I do not want to be as illogical as you are being.

There may be a GOD...and there may be evidence of a GOD.

Neither of us can determine that, though.

You may not believe such evidence, but it does exist.

You are correct...I do not "believe" such evidence exists. I also do not "believe" there is no evidence. I simply do not do "believing" (or blind guessing) on this issue.

Your unbelief does not change the facts.

"Unbelief?"

What the hell is that?

If you had said, "There may be plenty of evidence for the existence of a god"...I could have agreed with you.

But, since we do not know if there is one...there is no way a logical, rational person could assert "There is plenty of evidence for the existence of God." (I acknowledge the backhanded insult.)

Don't be silly. Of course I can. I won't...because I do not want to be as illogical as you are being.

You are correct...I do not "believe" such evidence exists. I also do not "believe" there is no evidence. I simply do not do "believing" (or blind guessing) on this issue.

"Unbelief?"

What the hell is that?

Question for you. Do you believe it is possible for something physical to create itself?

"Unbelief?"

What the hell is that?

“But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in Heaven.” (Matt. 10:33)

Question for you. Do you believe it is possible for something physical to create itself?

Sorry, Ugly...but I do not do "believing" on something like this.

If you are asking me if this thing we humans call "the universe" (and all the physical elements of it) was "created"...I'd have to say, I have no idea at all...and no scientist I've ever read has any idea either."

MY GUESS (if that is what you are asking) is: It makes no more sense for me to guess that a god existed forever and "created" this thing...than to guess that this thing just always existed.

Huh???

C'mon...proof your work.

I never claim to "believe."

Ever.

I always KNOW when I've shown your hypocrisy; because instead of addressing everything that's been posted, you make the decision to ignore it. :goodjob:

“But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in Heaven.” (Matt. 10:33)

Sorry, Ugly...but I do not do "believing" on something like this.

If you are asking me if this thing we humans call "the universe" (and all the physical elements of it) was "created"...I'd have to say, I have no idea at all...and no scientist I've ever read has any idea either."

MY GUESS (if that is what you are asking) is: It makes no more sense for me to guess that a god existed forever and "created" this thing...than to guess that this thing just always existed.

There is no guessing involved. The universe could not have created itself. Something, or someone, caused it to happen. You cannot get around this simple fact. Without a Creator, you have an infinite regression of causes. A physical impossibility. Since it could not have created itself, it MUST have been created by someone. Someone who is greater than it's creation. Occam's razor.

I always KNOW when I've shown your hypocrisy; because instead of addressing everything that's been posted, you make the decision to ignore it. :goodjob:

I replied completely.

Your evasion of my reply is noted.

Back