Thinking of enlisting

I do not believe he is serious in his supposed enlistment urges.

I'd be quite amazed if such were the case.

Take out a loan for the amount that would have been your signing bonus.

Then put that amount in a bank account and dont touch it. Then faithfully make the payments on the loan. if you do a three year or five year loan structure you will be surprized at how quickly the time goes and then at the end you have the same amount they would have given you plus interest as well as all your limbs and no PTSD.

Why on earth would you pay to borrow money so you could put it in an account to collect less interest on it than you are paying to borrow it?

Very funny

So where exactly does the Commander in Chief put this in his "Support the Troops" bullshit? You know I think the army is missing a bigger opportunity, if you were unfortunate enough to get your leg blown off you PROBABLY fucked up your uniform as well. Perhaps we can charge all of the wounded the replacement value of their uniforms? They could also be billed for the medical bills incurred because they couldn't get out of the way quick enough. I mean really, if your wounds are severe enough to keep you from finishing out your enlistment, and the military is going to sanction you for that, why shouldn't they be able to sanction you for all the other costs incurred by your wounds. There are ALOT of cost saving measures that could be implemented so that the military could recoup losses from people not smart enough to not get wounded. Happy Memorial day yet again, a little late.

Anyone that actually believes anything this administration says without 3 other sources of verification is not too bright.

So where exactly does the Commander in Chief put this in his "Support the Troops" bullshit? You know I think the army is missing a bigger opportunity, if you were unfortunate enough to get your leg blown off you PROBABLY fucked up your uniform as well. Perhaps we can charge all of the wounded the replacement value of their uniforms? They could also be billed for the medical bills incurred because they couldn't get out of the way quick enough. I mean really, if your wounds are severe enough to keep you from finishing out your enlistment, and the military is going to sanction you for that, why shouldn't they be able to sanction you for all the other costs incurred by your wounds. There are ALOT of cost saving measures that could be implemented so that the military could recoup losses from people not smart enough to not get wounded. Happy Memorial day yet again, a little late.
They already own their uniforms. You have to purchase the uniforms.

Obviously..........a contract error

However, those who wrote the contract for enlistment bonuses forgot to place a exemption for those wounded and through no fault of their own could not complete the contract...I place the blame on incompetent attorneys working for the Department of Defense...and I am also sure this will be rectified as it has been brought out into the open!

I don't remember them taking my BDU's and my Class A's out of my paycheck in basic. But that was 21 years ago so probably just forgot it.

Yep, they took out for my uniforms in Basic. As I recall we were even charged for the fastest haircut I ever got.

I do not believe he is serious in his supposed enlistment urges.

I'd be quite amazed if such were the case.

Totally serious. OCS isn't a bad route to go, and with $40,000 AND having my student loans forgiven, I could get on my feet financially much more quickly than if I just go straight into the private sector.

No you did not forget...

I don't remember them taking my BDU's and my Class A's out of my paycheck in basic. But that was 21 years ago so probably just forgot it.

I did basic back in 1964...all initial basic clothing was free...as you stated additional replacement of required clothing etc were at the cost of the soldier,however allowances were paid monthly to cover these costs!..Not sure how they do it today...I would hope it was the same...someone serving now should enlighten us on this issue...I have no idea how they do it today!

The worst thing, in my humble opinion, about being an officer is the ID card.

Mine had a date that I could look towards with anticipation. On an officer's ID card instead of a date for the end of active duty it says "INDEFINITE".

Well, that and the fact that they can come back and get you anytime after you get out.

OCS...

Totally serious. OCS isn't a bad route to go, and with $40,000 AND having my student loans forgiven, I could get on my feet financially much more quickly than if I just go straight into the private sector.

Is a great way to go...been there done that,however make sure it is on your enlistment contract and you have met all the requirements before you sign the dotted line!

ohh your just getting out of college. Student loans smudent loans. Quit your crying, the average college grad makes 2.5Mil more than the non. Loans won't be a problem, did you compare the salaries vs public I bet the bonus is ate up in less than 2 yrs.

You’re going to Iraq. When your recruiter who became your big buddy, and slaps you on the back and tells you “between you and me buddy”, remember darla leaning over, and whispering the actual truth in your ear; you sign, you’re going to Iraq.

You better know that if you never knew anything else. And if you want to go to Iraq, then sign up, no one is stopping you. But don’t sign those papers and then come crying here that they told you you weren’t going to Iraq, they only send the Jose’s to Iraq, you were going to go take photographs in Germany and screw blondes. Because I won’t feel sorry for you.

Back