Thinking of enlisting

Prove it, show one post of mine that shows me doing that. You are projecting expectations again and shooting randomly hoping to hit a target.

The first thing I thought when seeing it was how he had given his all in Iraq. I thought it was something he appeared to be proud of in that photo. I'm sad that he lost the battle in the end. However, I never once suggested that you should remove the photo. I think again, you are projecting an opinion onto me that doesn't exist in reality because you want it to be there so bad. If you want to battle that opinion speak to somebody who has it.

Hence the reason I never suggested to remove it, and specifically told WRL that I wouldn't do that. People have a right to express opinions, even such ones as he may find offensive.

Again, you are pretending I have an opinion I have never expressed. Never told you to be quiet. I simply point out, in the same pretentious manner you posted originally, your assumptions.

Anyway, Your assumptive inanities notwithstanding. Nobody at all has told you to be quiet, nobody has edited your posts, nobody deleted the photo, nobody has done any of what you pre-victimize all over this thread about. I have simply stated that a friend of mine was leaving and was hoping to shame him into returning.

Absolutely nobody is doing any of what you are complaining about here.

Alright, I'm sorry if I jumped on you too much.

Talk me out of enlisting in the army. The signing bonuses are attractive enough now to make it almost worth it.
I do not want this to come across as offensive, but if money is you main motive for enlisting - DON'T. War is not some game of risk vs. benefit. It can kill you dead, or worse, make you wish you were dead.

If you do not believe in being part of this nation's defense even in a war you think is wrong, then service is a bad idea.

Personally I think we should simply pay our soldiers better. I am philosophically torn about the concept enlistment bonuses. On the one hand, I object to the idea of "bribing" young men and women into service. On the other hand, the men and women who volunteer to serve - especially if they volunteer during an active conflict - certainly DESERVE a bonus. But is there a way of giving them what they deserve without making it seem like a bribe? I don't know.

(Addendum: IMO combat veterans should be exempt from federal taxes for life.)

I do not want this to come across as offensive, but if money is you main motive for enlisting - DON'T. War is not some game of risk vs. benefit. It can kill you dead, or worse, make you wish you were dead.

If you do not believe in being part of this nation's defense even in a war you think is wrong, then service is a bad idea.

Personally I think we should simply pay our soldiers better. I am philosophically torn about the concept enlistment bonuses. On the one hand, I object to the idea of "bribing" young men and women into service. On the other hand, the men and women who volunteer to serve - especially if they volunteer during an active conflict - certainly DESERVE a bonus. But is there a way of giving them what they deserve without making it seem like a bribe? I don't know.

(Addendum: IMO combat veterans should be exempt from federal taxes for life.)

I agree with you, Good Luck. Tax exemption for combat veterans would be a great idea. This would even be a good way to reward those who served in combat that cannot be publically recognized.

With the starting salary for a software engineer I could have grossed 120k or more by the time the minimum enlistment time was over.

It may not be the same for journalism but I can't imagine it being far off.

With the starting salary for a software engineer I could have grossed 120k or more by the time the minimum enlistment time was over.

It may not be the same for journalism but I can't imagine it being far off.

Journalists don't make over 100k. None that I know of anyway. Even the best. We dont do it for the money.

Journalists don't make over 100k. None that I know of anyway. Even the best.

Software engineers don't either. Maybe if you lead development or something, but that isn't what I'd be doing at the entry-level.

I should have made roughly 120k or more in THREE YEARS, which is the total time you will be enlisted if you sign up.

We dont do it for the money.

I don't write for the money either.

darla your a fujcking bitch
posting a picture of oen of our brave men like that, an d caling them dumadses

FUCK YOU' bitch!!!!!!!!!!!

i may be a little drunk but your a asshole

i hope you ghet hit by a bus

darla your a fujcking bitch
posting a picture of oen of our brave men like that, an d caling them dumadses

FUCK YOU' bitch!!!!!!!!!!!

i may be a little drunk but your a asshole

i hope you ghet hit by a bus

Wow, now that is a post.

Hopefully being sober will help his wit & spelling.

Sorry about your hangover though.

Was this necessary?

Wow, now that is a post.

Hopefully being sober will help his wit & spelling.

Sorry about your hangover though.

Obviously Thornicus was upset by what darla posted..did she strike a nerve..I would say yes...and for the life of me I cannot understand why damo and some others are patronizing darla...she is a bitch!...She could care less about the troops...she does the 'shock and awe' to serve her 'Code Pink' masters..in my book she is a new version of Jane "Hanoi" Fonda...

Excellent point.

IB, if you're looking at it froma strictly financial perspective, then the answer is no, don't even contemplate joining.

Back