THIS must end in America!

Police brutality didn't start in 2001, BUT the punishment crowd has ALWAYS resided on the right...

The fucking PEA brains of America...

I am curious Bfgrn, how should we treat convicted felons? If the punishment crowd is from the right what does the crowd from the left suggest we do with violent felons?

It sounds great to rant against police brutality. But its like ranting against child molester. You have no opposition. No civilized person is in favor of polic brutality. But at the same time we are asking these officers to be able to protect the innocent, remember volumes of law code, maintain a cool head in a crisis, watch the people they arrest get out before the reports are filed, and see different amounts of money buy different levels of justice. And do it for piss poor money.

Now I admit there are cops who have no business being meter maids. But the majority of law enforcement in this country are doing an impossible job for a paycheck that won't pay the bills. And they are still willing to risk their lives to protect people they don't know.

Rather than screaming vague connections between police brutality and the political right give us some positive things you think will help.

And what does the 3 Strikes Law have to do with those cops beating someone's ass??? I can answer that. The answer is nothing. But since you started trying to blame it on the right you had to go somewhere.

I am curious Bfgrn, how should we treat convicted felons? If the punishment crowd is from the right what does the crowd from the left suggest we do with violent felons?

It sounds great to rant against police brutality. But its like ranting against child molester. You have no opposition. No civilized person is in favor of polic brutality. But at the same time we are asking these officers to be able to protect the innocent, remember volumes of law code, maintain a cool head in a crisis, watch the people they arrest get out before the reports are filed, and see different amounts of money buy different levels of justice. And do it for piss poor money.

Now I admit there are cops who have no business being meter maids. But the majority of law enforcement in this country are doing an impossible job for a paycheck that won't pay the bills. And they are still willing to risk their lives to protect people they don't know.

Rather than screaming vague connections between police brutality and the political right give us some positive things you think will help.

And what does the 3 Strikes Law have to do with those cops beating someone's ass??? I can answer that. The answer is nothing. But since you started trying to blame it on the right you had to go somewhere.

I didn't introduce the failed 3 strike law into the conversation...

"No civilized person is in favor of polic brutality."

Many right wing pea brains don't meet the requirements of your premise...

I posted this thread on another board and had right wing pea brains DEFEND the cop that administered the beating! These are the "rip off your head and shit down your neck" right wing morons that support torture, THINK about it...WHAT civilized human being would actually defend TORTURE...

Answer...right wing PEA brains...

YouTube - New Jersey police officer pounds man on tape CNN com

I blame much of the climate that emboldens these "thugs with badges" on Republicans, the Bush administration and the right wing law & order freaks that have NO regard for people's rights, JUST punishment...

Police departments need to screen applicants to eliminate hiring these sanctioned criminals that abuse their power...

Abraham Lincoln said it best: Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

As if libs like you even believe in individual rights. funny. Typically, collectivists of your ilk value people according to their position in the fascistic hierarchy.

As if libs like you even believe in individual rights. funny. Typically, collectivists of your ilk value people according to their position in the fascistic hierarchy.

Ahhh, the "collectivist ilk" slant... you mean like the MOST collectivist ilk statement made by a head of state in modern history...

"You are either with us or against us"

The ULTIMATE form OF collectivism is WAR...

THAT would be YOU and YOUR ilk PEA brain...LMAO!!!

Ahhh, the "collectivist ilk" slant... you mean like the MOST collectivist ilk statement made by a head of state in modern history...

"You are either with us or against us"

The ULTIMATE form OF collectivism is WAR...

THAT would be YOU and YOUR ilk PEA brain...LMAO!!!

I'm not a republican. George bush is a douche. And obama's attitude is no different. Are you an obama-drone?

YouTube - New Jersey police officer pounds man on tape CNN com

I blame much of the climate that emboldens these "thugs with badges" on Republicans, the Bush administration and the right wing law & order freaks that have NO regard for people's rights, JUST punishment...

Police departments need to screen applicants to eliminate hiring these sanctioned criminals that abuse their power...

Abraham Lincoln said it best: Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

I agree wholeheartedly with your assertion that this must end in America, but I do not place the blame for this kind of atrocity or the war on black people known as the war on drugs solely at the feet of republicans.

I've attended many demonstrations against police brutality and 9 times out of ten they are attended almost solely by African-Americans. A presence of just everyday democrats at these events are rare.

But even more importantly, what is Obama going to do or say about this?

I could post a hundred recent videos of black teens, men and women, being brutally beaten by cops without apparent cause .. and these are just the ones who make it to video.

What is Eric Holder going to do or say about it?

My guess is that neither Obama nor Holder are going to do or say a damn thing about it.

Time to stop blaming republicans .. democrats need to take a long look in the mirror.

I just saw a quote from hillary c. where she was saying something about human rights abuses wouldn't "get in the way" of other developments between our nation and china.

Globalization will, in fact, be a race to the bottom.

This has nothing to do with right or left wing politics. This has to do with this country's mentality that everything we must overcome must be overcome by war. War on Drugs, War on Crime, War on Child Abuse, War on Terror. With a war mentality one must hire warriors to carry it out. My father used to conduct the psychological testing of the local police. One time he showed me copies of two MMPI's in which he had redacted all the personal information, all I had was the raw scores and the evaluation of them. One was from a prisoner who murdered a man in prison, the other was from a prospective cop, they both looked similar, especially in the Pd or Psychopathic Deviate scale and the Pa or Paranoia Scale. The guy applying to be a cop was hired. Now you place people like that in a "war" environment and they do JUST what the cop in this video did. The crazy guy was the enemy, it was easy to see because he didn't act like a normal civilian. But the real problem is, most of us don't stick out like that and in a war on crime it is hard to tell the enemy from the civilian. So best to view all of us as a possible enemy. This is why kids are being shot on the ground in Oakland and men are being beaten for nothing more than what this guy did. Unfortunately for Black men, too many police view the color of their skin as part of the enemies uniform, which is why black men are treated like this at a far greater rate than white men. It is the law enforcement system we asked for, well most of us. We wanted a crack down on crime, whatever the cost, we wanted war and so we got it. This is what happens in a war with no clearly defined lines and no clearly defined enemy.

This has nothing to do with right or left wing politics. This has to do with this country's mentality that everything we must overcome must be overcome by war. War on Drugs, War on Crime, War on Child Abuse, War on Terror. With a war mentality one must hire warriors to carry it out. My father used to conduct the psychological testing of the local police. One time he showed me copies of two MMPI's in which he had redacted all the personal information, all I had was the raw scores and the evaluation of them. One was from a prisoner who murdered a man in prison, the other was from a prospective cop, they both looked similar, especially in the Pd or Psychopathic Deviate scale and the Pa or Paranoia Scale. The guy applying to be a cop was hired. Now you place people like that in a "war" environment and they do JUST what the cop in this video did. The crazy guy was the enemy, it was easy to see because he didn't act like a normal civilian. But the real problem is, most of us don't stick out like that and in a war on crime it is hard to tell the enemy from the civilian. So best to view all of us as a possible enemy. This is why kids are being shot on the ground in Oakland and men are being beaten for nothing more than what this guy did. Unfortunately for Black men, too many police view the color of their skin as part of the enemies uniform, which is why black men are treated like this at a far greater rate than white men. It is the law enforcement system we asked for, well most of us. We wanted a crack down on crime, whatever the cost, we wanted war and so we got it. This is what happens in a war with no clearly defined lines and no clearly defined enemy.

Excellent post...

It's interesting...the guys I grew up with that became cops were the ones that were always in trouble WITH the law...

Like they say: Robins and Blue Jays don't nest together...

Excellent post...

It's interesting...the guys I grew up with that became cops were the ones that were always in trouble WITH the law...

LOL... you think he had an excellent post even though it states your original post was a load of crap?

LOL... you think he had an excellent post even though it states your original post was a load of crap?

Herein lies your problem...I KNOW my original post is not a load of crap...it's just beyond your comprehension...

I majored in psychology/sociology ...

Society's norms and values can be influenced, distorted and twisted over a period of time by leaders...in particular, authoritarian leaders like a Bush and Cheney that resort to highly incendiary rhetoric, a "with us or against us" mindset and a litmus test for patriotism.

Authoritarian followers look to their authoritarian leaders for guidance and sanction. Authoritarian followers would be highly attracted to joining a police force just as an arson would be attracted to becoming a fireman...

I don't claim Bush told the officer to beat that man, I DO claim Bush helped create a society where that beating is more acceptable instead of less acceptable...

You.... "I blame much of the climate that emboldens these "thugs with badges" on Republicans, the Bush administration and the right wing law & order freaks that have NO regard for people's rights, JUST punishment..."

Soc.... "This has nothing to do with right or left wing politics. This has to do with this country's mentality that everything we must overcome must be overcome by war. War on Drugs, War on Crime, War on Child Abuse, War on Terror. With a war mentality one must hire warriors to carry it out."

Then you state that his was an excellent post. Your two comments are contradictary.

As Soc said, this isn't about one political party or another, but rather the overall mindset of the country. A mindset that has be perpetuated by leaders in BOTH parties. note: I am not saying ALL leaders are the same, but your assertion that it should be blamed largely on one party is nothing more than partisan bullshit.

Excellent post...

The guys I grew up with that became cops all were the ones that held a vengeance. Often they would talk about the "hope" that they would pull over that one guy that hacked them off in the 8th grade....

You.... "I blame much of the climate that emboldens these "thugs with badges" on Republicans, the Bush administration and the right wing law & order freaks that have NO regard for people's rights, JUST punishment..."

Soc.... "This has nothing to do with right or left wing politics. This has to do with this country's mentality that everything we must overcome must be overcome by war. War on Drugs, War on Crime, War on Child Abuse, War on Terror. With a war mentality one must hire warriors to carry it out."

Then you state that his was an excellent post. Your two comments are contradictary.

As Soc said, this isn't about one political party or another, but rather the overall mindset of the country. A mindset that has be perpetuated by leaders in BOTH parties. note: I am not saying ALL leaders are the same, but your assertion that it should be blamed largely on one party is nothing more than partisan bullshit.

If you understand authoritarianism, you will see that it almost exclusive to the right, not the left...

If you understand authoritarianism, you will see that it almost exclusive to the right, not the left...

negative ghost rider, it is nowhere 'exclusive' to right or left, but distributed quite equally across the spectrum. The only difference is one side likes to restrict half of your rights while the other side works on the other half.

negative ghost rider, it is nowhere 'exclusive' to right or left, but distributed quite equally across the spectrum. The only difference is one side likes to restrict half of your rights while the other side works on the other half.

It's obvious you really don't know shit about authoritarianism, so stop talking from an emotional position of victimhood...

It's obvious you really don't know shit about authoritarianism, so stop talking from an emotional position of victimhood...

stop throwing up emotional strawmen arguments. just face reality and accept that both left and right are about controlling people, just using different avenues of right restriction.

stop throwing up emotional strawmen arguments. just face reality and accept that both left and right are about controlling people, just using different avenues of right restriction.

Authoritarian personality
The personality type is defined by nine traits that were believed to cluster together as the result of psychodynamic, childhood experiences. These traits are conventionalism, authoritarian submission, authoritarian aggression, anti-intraception, superstition and stereotyping, power and "toughness," destructiveness and cynicism, projectivity, and exaggerated concerns over sexuality. In brief, the authoritarian is predisposed to follow the dictates of a strong leader and traditional, conventional values.
wiki

Wrong AGAIN pea brain...

Authoritarian personality
The personality type is defined by nine traits that were believed to cluster together as the result of psychodynamic, childhood experiences. These traits are conventionalism, authoritarian submission, authoritarian aggression, anti-intraception, superstition and stereotyping, power and "toughness," destructiveness and cynicism, projectivity, and exaggerated concerns over sexuality. In brief, the authoritarian is predisposed to follow the dictates of a strong leader and traditional, conventional values.
wiki

Wrong AGAIN pea brain...

Authoritarians could also offer something radically different in terms of values.

Like the change to full on american destroying internationalist fascism that obama offers

Back