Times Retracts Lies and Smears

Why? If it were a criminal, we could not be certain the money was gained legally, but for the others, there is no good reason to return the donation.

And as soon as he returned this check he would be made aware of some other nut. Maybe it would switch to Jones. And it is not as if you guys are actually let the Black donation go anyway.

The lies are about his meeting with White and other white nationalists. Of course, you guys have not stopped repeating that or even acknowledged that the claims lack credibility.

Accepting donations from heads of white supremacy groups is unethical and it sheds light into RP's character. Or lack there of. And unlike you, I'm not so quick to believe the first thing that comes out of the mouth of RP's campaign spokes person. I'll wait to hear retorts before making an assertions.

On one hand we have RPs campaign spokesperson with financial, political and career incentive to distant RP from these groups and on the other we have the leader of said groups, pictures, a history of racism and a voting record that would put David Duke to shame. Pardon me for being just a tad skeptic.

While "valid" it does not actually give any wheels to the vehicle. It is not a "solution" to the problem, but a product of the problem.

Wheels to the vehicle?

One shouldn't pander to the distortion of the race discussion in america. Everyone takes money from jewish nationalists. No problem. Just how business is done. It's a mistake to validate this double standard by pandering to it. Is that what you meant?

No, you validate the message by not throwing obstacles in its path. If you create an unconquerable obstacle by "ignoring" the very people you are attempting to communicate with then you are a moron that never should have run.

Why you would want to communicate with these people that are engaging in the smears?

Wheels to the vehicle?

One shouldn't pander to the distortion of the race discussion in america. Everyone takes money from jewish nationalists. No problem. Just how business is done. It's a mistake to validate this double standard by pandering to it. Is that what you meant?

Does EVERYTHING go back to the jews with you?

This has been yet another exciting round of "Who are the real blind partisan worshippers?"

As I recall, most libs here were able to muster the ability to say that Joe Biden's "clean cut" comments about Obama were inappropriate.

Yet, ronbots, when faced with far graver, and more wide-reaching evidence of racial insensivity, dance like puppets to spin for Paul.

Why you would want to communicate with these people that are engaging in the smears?

Actually I think I like Stringfield's plan. Damo, you should get on board. Ignore the "smear" campaign and it will go away. Seriously. It does make sense and I think you guys should flood his inbox with that suggestion. Maybe call up Benton and get him on board.

Right. They should be ignored. The same way you've been ignoring every critique of Ron Paul since his candidacy began.

If anything I have given it too much attention. The only valid criticism I have heard is on the earmarks (that is the only one that has a real connection to relevant policy) and that one is pretty weak.

You want to communicate with the people the smears are aimed at, they aren't aimed at Paul or his supporters they are aimed at a group who might listen and generate that perception I have been speaking of. What were you just born into politics or do you take the full phail system of libertarians totally as the most effective form of politics?

This has been yet another exciting round of "Who are the real blind partisan worshippers?"

As I recall, most libs here were able to muster the ability to say that Joe Biden's "clean cut" comments about Obama were inappropriate.

Yet, ronbots, when faced with far graver, and more wide-reaching evidence of racial insensivity, dance like puppets to spin for Paul.

LOL, actually if you'll recall I was pulling for him initially but then after that, I considered him unelectable.

Sadly given what I see in the current pool of candidates I may have to hold my nose and support him unless a miracle happens. Soon.

You want to communicate with the people the smears are aimed at. What were you just born into politics or do you take the full phail system of libertarians totally as the most effective form of politics?

actually Damo, Taking the high road is probably the best thing RP can do. Engaging in such low level smearing campaign is beneath him and he should just stop all together.

I like the plan. :):clink:

Accepting donations from heads of white supremacy groups is unethical and it sheds light into RP's character. Or lack there of. And unlike you, I'm not so quick to believe the first thing that comes out of the mouth of RP's campaign spokes person. I'll wait to hear retorts before making an assertions.

Of course not. You've made up your mind to oppose him and you are just now throwing mud.

But, you and the others are real quick to accept the words of white nationalists.

You want to communicate with the people the smears are aimed at, they aren't aimed at Paul or his supporters they are aimed at a group who might listen and generate that perception I have been speaking of. What were you just born into politics or do you take the full phail system of libertarians totally as the most effective form of politics?

And he does so by pointing out that they are being played. By giving in he acknowledges the smears are valid and invites more of them, while failing to rid himself of the original.

Damo, these people still claim he expressed no remorse on the article and that he wrote it. No sober judge (even in the MSM) agrees with them that he wrote it and he clearly acknowledged regret. But they continue to lie about it. They claim he has not denounced Black, when he has. All you do by giving in here is continue to invite them to demand you apologize and they will then look for new donors to tar him with.

Some are going to be swayed by these lies and smears, but validating them instead of taking the offensive against them won't prevent that and in fact would only hurt.

He should give a brief response that Black's vile views on race will not affect his administration and move on.

And he does so by pointing out that they are being played. By giving in he acknowledges the smears are valid and invites more of them, while failing to rid himself of the original.

You're on fire today. I really think RP should adopt this plan.

LOL, actually if you'll recall I was pulling for him initially but then after that, I considered him unelectable.

Sadly given what I see in the current pool of candidates I may have to hold my nose and support him unless a miracle happens. Soon.

What did you do to support him? Yeah, like so many partisan Dems, you supported him until he started stealing the Dems thunder. He shows them all to be a bunch of war mongers.

Of course not. You've made up your mind to oppose him and you are just now throwing mud.

But, you and the others are real quick to accept the words of white nationalists.

This is just a test. We libs have spent years having the finger of accusation pointed at us by "principled" libertarians for being blind, partisan worhsippers of everything Democratic.

When your turn came to condemn, or at least distance yourself, from the laundry list of racially insensitive actions of Ron Paul, you chose to spin like a political consultant for him.

You failed the test. :)

Damo, these people still claim he expressed no remorse on the article and that he wrote it. No sober judge (even in the MSM) agrees with them that he wrote it and he clearly acknowledged regret. But they continue to lie about it. They claim he has not denounced Black, when he has. All you do by giving in here is continue to invite them to demand you apologize and they will then look for new donors to tar him with.

Some are going to be swayed by these lies and smears, but validating them instead of taking the offensive against them won't prevent that and in fact would only hurt.

He should give a brief response that Black's vile views on race will not affect his administration and move on.
He doesn't by pointing out that they are being played. Those people will not listen past the first "Ron Paul keeps money from Racist Bastages" headlines. He threw that obstacle in his own path.

Pointing out stupid political moves isn't "trashing" RP, Strings. When my candidate does something stupid I surely point it out and this was a biggie.

This is just a test. We libs have spent years having the finger of accusation pointed at us by "principled" libertarians for being blind, partisan worhsippers of everything Democratic.

When your turn came to condemn, or at least distance yourself, from the laundry list of racially insensitive actions of Ron Paul, you chose to spin like a political consultant for him.

You failed the test. :)
A good political consultant would have told him to give the money back.

He doesn't by pointing out that they are being played. Those people will not listen past the first "Ron Paul keeps money from Racist Bastages" headlines. He threw that obstacle in his own path.

Pointing out stupid political moves isn't "trashing" RP, Strings. When my candidate does something stupid I surely point it out and this was a biggie.

But sometimes correcting faulty assumptions and stereotypes and having a discussion about "what is racist (The National Association For The Advancement of WHite People?)"is better overall, politics aside. This may be the proper time and place for that debate, as a country.

Back