Trillions of religions

BartenderElite

Verified User
We've had over 4,000 religions on this planet alone.

There are at least 100 billion galaxies in the universe, and likely MANY more than that. Even if there are just a few planets in each galaxy supporting intelligent life, that would likely mean that there are trillions of religions. And there are probably more than a few in each galaxy, so the # may as well be infinite.

And some religions here that are only a few thousand years old think that their faith is the only one that matters, or that grants passage into the afterlife?

It's insanely illogical. Organized religion is a pretty primitive thing. We should grow out of it.

There are at least 100 billion galaxies in the universe, and likely MANY more than that. Even if there are just a few planets in each galaxy supporting intelligent life, that would likely mean that there are trillions of religions. And there are probably more than a few in each galaxy, so the # may as well be infinite.

And some religions here that are only a few thousand years old think that their faith is the only one that matters, or that grants passage into the afterlife?

It's insanely illogical. Organized religion is a pretty primitive thing. We should grow out of it.

Agree with everything you said. Well stated.

Why?

I don't think religion will ever go extinct.

Many people will always feel they need a moral, cultural, and spiritual foundation to believe in. And lots of people think that a strictly materialistic version of reality, one in which we are nothing but collections of quarks and electrons, robs life of ultimate meaning and hope for some kind of spiritual liberation.

Many people will always feel they need a moral, cultural, and spiritual foundation to believe in. And lots of people think that a strictly materialistic version of reality, one in which we are nothing but collections of quarks and electrons, robs life of ultimate meaning and hope for some kind of spiritual liberation.

Scared people need absolutes. That is the problem.

trillion of religions.....and still atheists pretend they aren't one of them.....by the way, I expect your "4000" is a lie.......

I am not down on religion just because some retards are conflating religion with our politics.

I just have a Freedom Of Religion and Freedom From Religion concept of how America should work if we are ever going to get along as neighbors and citizens.

It's also a Libertarian concept that says, Don't tell me what to believe, and I won't tell you what to believe.

Don't force your religious ways on me, and I won't force my non-religious ways on you!

Sure we may argue over whether Abortion in the first trimester of a pregnancy is murder, but that is just pure POLITICAL BULLSHIT!

We have yet to learn from other countries that are even more religious than we are.

Take Israel for example. Israel has more abortions per capita than either America or the United Kingdom- or you could even honestly say the US and the UK combined.

It is not even against the law in Israel to have an abortion, and their country is a faith based country.

LIKE I SAID, WE HAVE RETARDS HERE IN AMERICA THAT ARE USING RELIGION TO HAVE THEIR HATEFUL WAY ABOUT THINGS.

Religions are not suppose to be about hatred- BUT HERE IN AMERICA IT CERTAINLY SEEMS TO BE THE CASE- AND IT TURNS PEOPLE AWAY FROM RELIGION!

It certainly did for me!

Last edited:

It may not go extinct - but I think it will evolve and the vast majority of today's religions will be seen for what they are.

I can see a day when we're more persuaded by evidence and truth than by the mystical writings of ancient peoples. And there IS evidence for a lot of things that people associate w/ religion, like the soul, life after death, a creator, et al.

Back