Trillions of religions

It may not go extinct - but I think it will evolve and the vast majority of today's religions will be seen for what they are.

I can see a day when we're more persuaded by evidence and truth than by the mystical writings of ancient peoples. And there IS evidence for a lot of things that people associate w/ religion, like the soul, life after death, a creator, et al.

The idea of life after death is absurd. One reason I lost interest in Christianity.

The idea of life after death is absurd. One reason I lost interest in Christianity.

That's actually something I believe in. There are literally thousands of life-after-death experiences at this point, and there is a ton of commonality, and it's extremely unlikely these are hallucinations or any other phenomena.

To each his own of course. I don't think it matters what we believe here. But that's one aspect I do believe.

That's actually something I believe in. There are literally thousands of life-after-death experiences at this point, and there is a ton of commonality, and it's extremely unlikely these are hallucinations or any other phenomena.

To each his own of course. I don't think it matters what we believe here. But that's one aspect I do believe.

Why would you want to keep living?

Why would you want to keep living?

Well, that's a whole different topic. I do, because I believe I chose to come here, and have chosen MANY times to come here & possibly elsewhere, to learn a bunch of stuff and get to a point where I graduate to whatever the next thing is.

Hey, you asked.

Well, that's a whole different topic. I do, because I believe I chose to come here, and have chosen MANY times to come here & possibly elsewhere, to learn a bunch of stuff and get to a point where I graduate to whatever the next thing is.

Hey, you asked.

Very much a Christian myth.

It may not go extinct - but I think it will evolve and the vast majority of today's religions will be seen for what they are.

I can see a day when we're more persuaded by evidence and truth than by the mystical writings of ancient peoples. And there IS evidence for a lot of things that people associate w/ religion, like the soul, life after death, a creator, et al.

Religion has been evolving for thousands of years, so I agree it will continue to evolve in the future. I don't think biblical literalism and the mythical element plays as much a role as it used to.

The scriptures are old, and they contain a lot of myths, But I can see why people find enduring value in them. I benefited and learned as much from reading the Daodejing, the Dhammapada, the Gospel of Luke, the Bhagavad Gita, the Analects, as I learned from my physics and chemistry textbooks.

Religion has been evolving for thousands of years, so I agree it will continue to evolve in the future. I don't think biblical literalism and the mythical element plays as much a role as it used to.

The scriptures are old, and they contain a lot of myths, But I can see why people find enduring value in them. I benefited and learned as much from reading the Daodejing, the Dhammapada, the Gospel of Luke, the Bhagavad Gita, the Analects, as I learned from my physics and chemistry textbooks.

Some day you might actually understand it.

Pew is a religious foundation. Not very reliable.

Pew is widely cited as an authoritative source by mainstream news outlets.

Global population growth at this point is largely in the global south, where I don't believe atheism has made significant inroads. And I don't think people in the global south have bought into the tale of a war between science and religion, which gets a lot of airplay in USA. So it makes sense demographically that global atheism will shrink proportionally in the next 30 years

Global population growth at this point is in the global south, where I don't believe atheism has made significant inroads. And I don't think people in the global south have bought into the tale of a war between science and religion, which gets a lot of airplay in USA. So it makes sense that global atheism will shrink in the next 30 years m

No, it is not. Its purpose is to spread religion. I know who they are.

Global population growth at this point is largely in the global south, where I don't believe atheism has made significant inroads. And I don't think people in the global south have bought into the tale of a war between science and religion, which gets a lot of airplay in USA. So it makes sense demographically that global atheism will shrink proportionally in the next 30 years

Look, uneducated people cling to religion. Always has been that way.

That's actually something I believe in. There are literally thousands of life-after-death experiences

my brother had a heart attack in an emergency room......he says he heard the doctor tell his son "we lost him" and saw him grab the defibrillator and he shouted "don't, that's going to hurt" but no one heard him because he was dead.....

No, it is not. Its purpose is to spread religion. I know who they are.

You fear that polls spread religion? I have seen plenty of Pew polls that have nothing to do with religion, and there's nothing in their religious polls that is particularly flattering about Christianity at the expense of anyone else. It's just statistical data.

that all comes from lib'ruls........

Try to be an intelligent poster!

You using your little sissy response to everything, "WHATEVER YOU SAY BOUNCES OFF OF ME AND STICKS TO YOU" is so childish, you must have the brain of s a little sissy 3 year old.

Grow up you hopeless little sissy!

angry-mad.gif

Try to be an intelligent poster!

try to be honest.......you lib'rul mindfucks have been whining about religion being your political enemy for over a century now......meanwhile, no one has ever tried to impose religion on you in any form or means.......it's as empty a meme as your claim we want to push grandma over a cliff in her wheel chair.....

try to be honest.......you lib'rul mindfucks have been whining about religion being your political enemy for over a century now......meanwhile, no one has ever tried to impose religion on you in any form or means.......it's as empty a meme as your claim we want to push grandma over a cliff in her wheel chair.....

Religion was never an enemy of the people- UNTIL YOU TRUMPTARDS WEAPONIZED, EXPLOITED, MISREPRESENTED, AND DEGRADED IT FOR POLITICAL GAIN!

Osnos-Protests.jpg

Back