Trump asks for classified documents trial to take place after 2024 election

Nope. I'm saying his actions are making him his own worst enemy. If he's innocent (haha) he should welcome a speedy trial that proves it.

You go to trial to try and win it, if discovery is not completed your lawyers do not go to trial.

Simple as that.

Maybe you should tell the prosecutors to speed up their end of it so Trump can see the information they have on him.

This isn't Trumps fault.

That's because you don't pay attention. I suppose because you are lazy and stupid. The bulk of the grand jury testimony, including the tapes of Trump showing people classified war plans, has already been provided to the defense. Jack Smith is providing everything without even being asked to. Maybe you should watch the news so you don't post here and look like a fucking moron. I know this is falling on deaf ears, but I'll keep trying. There is no excuse for your sloth.

She claims that I don't know what "discovery" is and believes that it is documents. It is a process of obtaining the information that the prosecution will be using at trial. As you pointed out, most if not all of the grand jury's evidence has already been provided to the defense.

Why else would they suddenly want to postpone the trial, after #TRE45ON bellowed a couple of weeks ago that he wants a swift one?

You think it's going to take another 18 months for discovery?

trump should be invoking his 6th Amendment rights, not delay delay delay.

If he was innocent, he would. He and his attorneys have had plenty of time to go through the prosecution's evidence. That's why he suddenly switched from "I'm innocent, this is a witch hunt, I want a speedy trial," to wanting an indefinite postponement. Innocent people don't request delays.

If he was innocent, he would. He and his attorneys have had plenty of time to go through the prosecution's evidence. That's why he suddenly switched from "I'm innocent, this is a witch hunt, I want a speedy trial," to wanting an indefinite postponement. Innocent people don't request delays.

Eggs-ACTLY! :laugh:

he has far more important things to do between now and November, 2024......and of course, four years after that fixing Biden's fuck ups......after that you can waste all the time you want trying to lose in court.....

Jack Smith still has an open investigation meaning the prosecution does not have all the possible evidence yet.

Wait until the investigation wraps up before you start setting court dates.

That is just common sense.

The democrats are simply trying to rush this to interfere with the election.

Jack Smith still has an open investigation meaning the prosecution does not have all the possible evidence yet.

The open investigation appears to be regarding the insurrection instigated by your #TangerineTyrant on January 6, 2021. Obviously the GJ felt that they had enough evidence regarding the stolen classified materials to indict, and so that is what the DOJ did. Any future evidence that appears connected to that case will be provided to the defense.

The (D)s would have nothing to "interfere" with were it not for the actions of your sleazy ass wannabe dictator. All he had to do was return the documents when requested.

I hope Putin rewards you well for sticking up so valiantly for his orange stooge.

So you want the trial to start before the discovery process is completed?

That right there is an easy dismissal of the case on appeal.

Let's hope the court breaks the law here.

Every accused person is entitled to a proper defense which involves the discovery process and considering the amount of information involved in this it will take a long time to sort through.

ROFLMAO. Discovery is completed when all the documents covered under Brady are turned over to the defense. The time frame for that has been set already and will be completed long before the trial date set by the court which is August. Because Trump doesn't want to hire enough lawyers to go through that discovery is not the fault of the court or of the prosecution. He's a billionaire.

ROFLMAO.
Your argument would seem to be that someone can't be tried for bank robbery if they are still being investigated for murder.
That is nonsense.

Once discovery is completed, the prosecutor can't use any new evidence in the first trial but is restricted to what he turned over to the defense. That doesn't prevent him from using the new evidence to bring new charges as long as they don't include any of the previous crimes charged.

There is nothing that says a president can't pardon himself.

There is the fact that accepting the pardon is an admission of guilt.
There is also the fact that only the President can issue pardons.
Then there is the fact that a pardon doesn't prevent a President who has admitted guilt by pardoning himself from being impeached and removed from office.

There is the fact that accepting the pardon is an admission of guilt.
There is also the fact that only the President can issue pardons.
Then there is the fact that a pardon doesn't prevent a President who has admitted guilt by pardoning himself from being impeached and removed from office.

Like i said, he can still do it.

I don't know what evidence they have.

Many trials take years to come to court.

Why would you expect a case this complicated to be quicker.

Do you know how many documents they have to go through?

Cases can be expedited when it is of interest to the State and the accused to do so.

Trump should be eager for an 'innocent' verdict to ride into the next election. He would crush everyone with that in hand. It is certainly not fair to him to have the doubt of guilt hanging over him if not true.

The State wants the case completed because if he did do these crimes, some of the most serious a Person given power can do, to betray his oath and the office, then anyone voting in the next election should know that so they can consider that info.

Imagine Trump loses in 2024 and this is still hanging over him. Then he wins the cases in court. You guys would scream bloody murder that the accusations hanging over him was why he lost as you (McCarthy) admit that it was the bogus charges the GOP hung over Hillary that cost her.

Good, he should delay it as long as possible since they are bogus charges.

Once he is president he should simply pardon himself and that's the end of the case.

Should Biden do the same? Would you support that? Just should have blanket pardoned Hunter and himself at the start of his term for any and all potential Federal crimes?

Would you have supported that?

Heck he left all of Trump/Barr prosecutors in place (Durham investigation, Hunter investigation) when we know Trump would have fired them day 1 and put in 'his guy' to kill them.

There is nothing that says a president can't pardon himself.
Nothing says he can.

But the concept of no man being judge and jury in his trial applies here.

Put it this way. A POTUS who can pardon himself, can murder anyone who seems certain to beat him in a coming election and then just pardon himself and no one could touch him.

You may say that is extreme but that is the power you, and the SC would give him, and what you would be saying is 'well we don't THINK anyone would do that as POTUS so we can allow it'.

Back