Trump asks for classified documents trial to take place after 2024 election

You guys didn't care about anyone other than Trump, that was who you were after and you got nothing.

Just like this will end up being nothing and your next one will be nothing and the one after that.

You folks are obsessed with trying to take Trump down.

Sorry but you do not get to speak for me. The entire Trump admin was dirty and I wanted to see them punished and they were. Had Barr not become Trump's shield, he would have been charged and prosecuted too.

If you thought nothing would come of all these current charges you would want them in and out of Court quick, as would Trump. HIm riding into the election vindicated and claiming a true witch hunt would see him be the sure winner of the election. BUt you know better. The only way Trump avoids jail is by winning office and putting in another Bill Barr, but worse this time.

I would agree with you, except that I question whether he is mentally competent to embrace such a concept.

When he first got into office, Trump went through the pardoning process like a kid hitting the Halloween candy bag. He was fixated on it for quite a while. He permuted all the possibilities and did say he thought he had the power to pardon himself. That showed he knew there was a need for pardoning. No other president ever looked at it in the way Trump the crook did None of them had to, except perhaps Nixon.

Discovery has been turned over (that's the documents and tapes and videos), there are still actions items that can be done, such as depositions that are considered discovery, it could be done in three weeks if forced.

Discovery is very limited in Federal Court and there is not much to do but the trial.

How do you think the RW judge will rule on the motions?

I suspect she will not allow the delay, she wants to keep her powder dry for sentencing, once trial starts they cant recuse her or take an appeal so that's when her true self will come out.

I suspect she will not allow the delay, she wants to keep her powder dry for sentencing, once trial starts they cant recuse her or take an appeal so that's when her true self will come out.

Don't federal judges have to follow sentencing guidelines, or are they free to give a felon a month of probation instead of prison time?

Don't federal judges have to follow sentencing guidelines, or are they free to give a felon a month of probation instead of prison time?

They do not have to follow the guidelines, but they are a strong recommendation. If she wants any creditability as a judge going forward she would have to give him some jail, but would likely allow home detention considering the circumstances. They keep tabs on the judges and score them on consistency of sentence from case to case.

Remember she is a Trumpper, and Trump can no longer give her anything, so I suspect she is not going to stick her neck out too far for him, she will do what's in her best interest. A true Trumpper has no loyalty when the shit hits the fan.

Judge Cannon has proven to be a Magatard who would go outside the rule of law to help Trump prior. She got so harshly crushed by the extremely conservative Superior court she assumed would have her back, that she has had to be very careful with this case to not tip her hand to Trump, in a way that would allow the DOJ to run to the Superior court and appeal another bad ruling while also asking for her to be removed from the case.

This instance, with regards to trial timing, is one where Judges are giving tremendous latitude and there are not any real grounds for appeal.

So what i expect is she will adjourn this case to the new year and not rule on any of the motions Trump's team has made, while giving both parties time to assess all the data, and get their security clearances, etc, and then in the New Year, she will rule on the motions and they can proceed or not.

Trump's team will love this, and the DOJ will not, but appealing it will go no where.

If she does this, or anything comparable, her hand is laid bare, and Jack Smith knows this case will be riddled with problems.

We will also see then if Jack is prepared with Plan B and if he instantly files any of his other cases but in more friendly jurisdictions for speedy trials.

This may be a case of Trump getting his wish, while jumping from the frying pan and into the fire. HIs best chance for a hung jury and mistrial with a magatard refusing to indict was in Florida. SOmething he could have ridden to an election win. If Jack files in any of the other jurisdictions, Trumps chance of winning, or getting a hung jury and mistrial plummet. He may push himself into a pre election loss.

They do not have to follow the guidelines, but they are a strong recommendation. If she wants any creditability as a judge going forward she would have to give him some jail, but would likely allow home detention considering the circumstances. They keep tabs on the judges and score them on consistency of sentence from case to case.

Remember she is a Trumpper, and Trump can no longer give her anything, so I suspect she is not going to stick her neck out too far for him, she will do what's in her best interest. A true Trumpper has no loyalty when the shit hits the fan.

Yes, the fact that she is a cult member does not bode well for him receiving either a fair trial with all the prosecution's evidence allowed, and a fair sentence when convicted.

Judge Cannon has proven to be a Magatard who would go outside the rule of law to help Trump prior. She got so harshly crushed by the extremely conservative Superior court she assumed would have her back, that she has had to be very careful with this case to not tip her hand to Trump, in a way that would allow the DOJ to run to the Superior court and appeal another bad ruling while also asking for her to be removed from the case.

This instance, with regards to trial timing, is one where Judges are giving tremendous latitude and there are not any real grounds for appeal.

So what i expect is she will adjourn this case to the new year and not rule on any of the motions Trump's team has made, while giving both parties time to assess all the data, and get their security clearances, etc, and then in the New Year, she will rule on the motions and they can proceed or not.

Trump's team will love this, and the DOJ will not, but appealing it will go no where.

If she does this, or anything comparable, her hand is laid bare, and Jack Smith knows this case will be riddled with problems.

We will also see then if Jack is prepared with Plan B and if he instantly files any of his other cases but in more friendly jurisdictions for speedy trials.

This may be a case of Trump getting his wish, while jumping from the frying pan and into the fire. HIs best chance for a hung jury and mistrial with a magatard refusing to indict was in Florida. SOmething he could have ridden to an election win. If Jack files in any of the other jurisdictions, Trumps chance of winning, or getting a hung jury and mistrial plummet. He may push himself into a pre election loss.

Thanks for this analysis. Jack Smith appears to be a savvy player; I'm sure he has Plans B, C, D, all the way to Z.

Meanwhile, in Georgia, a new grand jury is being seated.

Thanks for this analysis. Jack Smith appears to be a savvy player; I'm sure he has Plans B, C, D, all the way to Z.

Agreed on Smith. I have no doubt he's explored all avenues on this issue along with gathering all the necessary facts.

The only thing the Trumpers have is to declare this "political" since they don't have any legal defense for Trump's actions.

IMO Georgia is the best trial we have.

In an ideal world, it would he Jack Smiths overlapping Federal charges coming on the same basic allegations but we have to handicap all the Federal Indictments heavily due to time running out to get to verdict in any before the DOJ would adjourn the trials until after the elections end, to not interfere in an election and to follow the DOJ Guidance on the 60 Day Rule.

Garland is such a staunch 'Rules' guy and does not want to be seen as veering from them in any way, that I think if the jury was deliberating and about to give a verdict, he would still instruct his DOJ to seek an adjournment to post election, as soon as that 60 Day period was touched.

So IMO, with Jack Smith pursuing the current case and still building (or maybe ready) with Washington and New jersey cases, he should let Fani Willis go first with her Georgia case. That is not the norm and it does not look like that is happening. The norm is, that if the Fed's are pursuing charges on the same basic overlapping indictments, that the State Prosecutor stand down and let the Fed's go first (in most but not all instances) as the Fed's have way more resources they can draw on, and usual have more statutes to charge with, and usually have the benefit of evidence crossing the country and not just in that State.

But in my view, the smart money would be for Jack to let Fani proceed first, as her case may be the only to proceed to a finish line before the election if Garland was to pause all DOJ cases. Georgia's RICO statute is also the broadest in the country and most flexible and her team are top notch experts with it. Also it allows for her to go outside of State and bring in evidence from other jurisdictions (few States allow that) and that is why her investigators are pulling in evidence from Nevada now, showing the same set of factors were happening there.

It appears her and Jack are cooperating and sharing so I hope JacK is bolstering her case and will not compete with her to go first there.

What that would mean is, that if she has filed and Aileen Cannon pushes Trump's Florida case to the new year, she could immediately motion to her Court to being and end her trial in that period of inactivity and likely get it. With the log jam of cases Trump is facing, and the Georgia Court system aware they usually give deference to Federal cases, the break with no other competition for prosecutions would be ideal to let her take advantage of.

You so desperately want the trial to take place after the next election. It aint gonna happen.

Nobody gets to avoid a criminal trial because they are too busy at their job. Same goes for Trump. Tough shit buddy. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Back