Trump confesses on the stand.

I assumed nothing. I noted what a person like Trump might do and then said what I would do, these were different things. My best guess is he believes that regardless of what he said he would get maximum fines because the Judge is prejudiced, and he seems to also think that an appellate court decision will be different. Regardless, the difference between how Trump and I would handle most things would be massive.
Do you think Trump is wrong in his opinions about the Judge and the legal system?

Do you think Trump is wrong in his opinions about the Judge and the legal system?

We will see if he is wrong. Do you believe that the system is perfect and that the judge could not possibly have already prejudged the case? I don't personally know this judge and have no real judgement, hence the entirely different way I would handle this process. Explaining Trump is an art form. IMHO, like Dementia Joe Brandon, Trump shouldn't be anywhere near power. It's why I won't vote for him, that doesn't make him wrong though. I don't have to like him to realize that it is possible that he is right, that nothing he did would change the outcome of this lawsuit.

It does make sense to just say what you will at this point. If you believe that nothing you say will change what the judge has already decided he'll do it makes sense that a man like Trump would go nuclear option and just say what he wants to say. Personally I'd take a page from Reagan and forget English except the sentences "I don't recall", "I'm not sure" and "Can you repeat that?".

That's how I see this going. The prosecution and judge have both publicly, prior to this case, on more than one occasion, made disparaging remarks about Trump and how he needs to be taken down. If I were advising Trump, I'd give him a litany of sarcastic and insulting phrases and answers he could toss in along with answering the question.

Last time I had to testify in a case (nasty child support case one of the kids was in) I had no problems insulting her (the other party's) lawyer several times about his lack of knowledge of statistics, math, and poor educational background. Hell, even the judge laughed at him more than once as I cut him down.

"... and you'd know that if you didn't get an undergraduate degree in a simple liberal art like history or political science..."

Trump has been given incredible leeway in his testimony. He is allowed to go on long rants and use it for election campaigning. Nobody else would be able to do what he is doing. Trump should be forced to address the questions and only the questions. That is what you would have to do.

We will see if he is wrong.

Do you believe that the system is perfect and that the judge could not possibly have already prejudged the case? I don't personally know this judge and have no real judgement, hence the entirely different way I would handle this process.

Explaining Trump is an art form. IMHO, like Dementia Joe Brandon, Trump shouldn't be anywhere near power.

It's why I won't vote for him, that doesn't make him wrong though. I don't have to like him to realize that it is possible that he is right, that nothing he did would change the outcome of this lawsuit.
I believe he is wrong. IMO, Trump is proving he's gone over the edge.

No system is perfect, which is why there is an appeals process. I doubt the judge prejudged the case.

Since I refuse to vote for either Trump or Biden, I agree that neither should hold power and, as in 2020, I won't be voting for either one.

You and I can agree to disagree on how wrong Trump is in his actions.

Trump has been given incredible leeway in his testimony. He is allowed to go on long rants and use it for election campaigning. Nobody else would be able to do what he is doing. Trump should be forced to address the questions and only the questions. That is what you would have to do.

Agreed, as would be the same of any defendant or witness.

Also agreed on the leeway. The only reason, IMO, that Trump is given so much leeway is because of the power he wields. Trump is proving that, to a large extent, he is above the law and is doing so with the majority support of the Republican Party.

I can’t see how the judge could rule in Trump’s favor now. Trump basically confessed to everything he’s charged with on the stand today in new York.

Its why he’s trashing everyone in the case

He knows he lost

He’s trying to provoke some overturning event

Nah, I would have the same option he does. I could simply say my piece regardless of the question and face the consequences. In this case the Judge threatened to dismiss him and "assume the worst". Trump believes that the worst would be assumed regardless, I don't think most democrats think any differently really. Was there something he could say that would change your mind? I seriously doubt it, and he believes the Judge thinks and assumes exactly as you do.

(Now would I? No. As I said before I would personally have forgotten my own name before I hit that stand.)

Its why he’s trashing everyone in the case
He knows he lost
He’s trying to provoke some overturning event

And, he's trying to make a mockery of a mockery. He might as well, it makes sense when you are in what is essentially a Stalinist show trail...

No system is perfect, which is why there is an appeals process. I doubt the judge prejudged the case.

Since I refuse to vote for either Trump or Biden, I agree that neither should hold power and, as in 2020, I won't be voting for either one.

The only thing different that I am saying is: I don't know if he is wrong. I know that becoming a judge does not make anyone perfect, and that there are judges that have been very bad at that job.

The only thing different that I am saying is: I don't know if he is wrong. I know that becoming a judge does not make anyone perfect, and that there are judges that have been very bad at that job.

All the judges I've read about that were bad at their job were in the lower levels. Anyone this high vis is going to work very, very hard not to fuck up. In fact, like the OJ judge, Lance Ito, I expect Engoron bend a backwards to catering to the defendant.

Let's be honest, if you or I had pulled the shit Trump has with this trial, we'd be in jail for contempt.

All the judges I've read about that were bad at their job were in the lower levels. Anyone this high vis is going to work very, very hard not to fuck up. In fact, like the OJ judge, Lance Ito, I expect Engoron bend a backwards to catering to the defendant.

Let's be honest, if you or I had pulled the shit Trump has with this trial, we'd be in jail for contempt.

oh stfu, pollyanna.

go suck the devils cock some more.

what hes wrong about, fucktard?

you just hate tariffs and are a globalist dementia vicitm. like dementia joe.

what hes wrong about, fucktard?

you just hate tariffs and are a globalist dementia vicitm. like dementia joe.

Is it too early for medication time or have you been self-medicating, Fredo?

In this case, Trump lied about his personal wealth for a lower interest rate from the NY banks. In Texas, we send people to jail for check kiting. We should execute those who cheatTexans out of their fair due through fraudulent loans.

Wrong again, Fredo. I don't hate tariffs or taxes.

I just dislike either of them that only serves a few at a cost to Americans....or do you think the "Trickle Down Economics" thing worked for you over the past 40+ years, Fredo?

Is it too early for medication time or have you been self-medicating, Fredo?

In this case, Trump lied about his personal wealth for a lower interest rate from the NY banks. In Texas, we send people to jail for check kiting. We should execute those who cheatTexans out of their fair due through fraudulent loans.

Wrong again, Fredo. I don't hate tariffs or taxes.

I just dislike either of them that only serves a few at a cost to Americans....or do you think the "Trickle Down Economics" thing worked for you over the past 40+ years, Fredo?

the bank does not feel wronged at all.

this is judicial activism.

thrown out on appeal.

you're a stupid traitor for supporting any of this.

trickle down used to work for us all until vast swaths of the economy were sent away to foreign workers and other economies.

the bank does not feel wronged at all.

this is judicial activism.

thrown out on appeal.

you're a stupid traitor for supporting any of this.

trickle down used to work for us all until vast swaths of the economy were sent away to foreign workers and other economies.
How long do you think it will take to be thrown out on appeal? Do the penalties apply until then, Fredo?

Capitalism can suck for the poor and stupid. Do you favor nationalizing American businesses under Trump, Fredo?

How long do you think it will take to be thrown out on appeal? Do the penalties apply until then, Fredo?

Capitalism can suck for the poor and stupid. Do you favor nationalizing American businesses under Trump, Fredo?

No. Im just pro tariffs.

capitalism can suck for the poor.

ok.

what about a rising tide raises all ships?

is that just bullshit?

as it turns out, all those supply side slogans are bullshit.

:truestory:

Back