Trump confesses on the stand.

He wasn't talking to the judge. He was speaking to his Trumplestilskins and firing them up. He already lost this decision. It is now about determining what Donnie will pay.

He is supposed to want 123 people in his defense. That is just a way to drag it out.

While I agree Trump was using the trial as a campaign stop, he was still deliberately antagonizing the same judge who is going to pass sentence on him.

He can do that but I think people will become bored of the repetitious bullshit that will be pushed by Team Crazy.

The Goat.
800px-Baphomet.png

It's highly possible that "the Goat" is in league with Satan since he has the Mark of the Beast on him:

chosen-one-donald-trump.gif

He thinks his answers are so clever, he thinks he won and that they have grounds to appeal.

He’s comedy gold.

He has no concept of rule of law, he thinks that an argument based on his internal logic is the law. If it makes sense to him, it will win in court.

While I agree Trump was using the trial as a campaign stop, he was still deliberately antagonizing the same judge who is going to pass sentence on him.

He can do that but I think people will become bored of the repetitious bullshit that will be pushed by Team Crazy.
He doesn’t have a jury, he’s got a very experienced judge and prosecution team . He isn’t going to bore the judge, and he’s the only one who counts. The prosecution also gets to question the witness, it may not go the way the defense hopes.

He doesn’t have a jury, he’s got a very experienced judge and prosecution team . He is t going to bore the judge, and he’s the only one who counts. The prosecution also gets to question the witness, it may not go the way the defense hopes.

Agreed. My point is that Trump is using this as a campaign speech. He knows he'll lose and appears to be striving for a maximum penalty so he can grieve this to his fans from now until Election 2024.

Notice how many JPP members believe this prosecution is "unfair" or a "witch hunt". "Anything to get Trump" is a common phrase used by Trumpers....even the ones who claim they aren't Trumpers but only hate the Leftist, Soshulist, Commie Marxists like Obama. <---note how they often use Obama instead of Clinton. Why? This is why:

7tfcz2.jpg

Agreed. My point is that Trump is using this as a campaign speech. He knows he'll lose and appears to be striving for a maximum penalty so he can grieve this to his fans from now until Election 2024.
Yes, he does try to make campaign speeches.
I imagine he loves it to the extent it raises money for him.

Yes, he does try to make campaign speeches.
I imagine he loves it to the extent it raises money for him.

He's loathe to spend his own money for anything but has no problem spending the money suckers have sent to him.

My operating theory about him becoming upset about Mar-a-Lago being deemed worth less than a billion bucks is because he wants to sell it for a billion bucks.

The judge in this case is effectively saying, If Trump won't simply answer the questions the way I want, I'll end his testimony...

https://news.yahoo.com/control-client-judge-calls-trump-171406229.html
^^^
Claims he's fair, balanced and unafraid but not a Trump supporter. :laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

For those more interested in facts and less in Trumpian bullshit, this is from the link:

Trump used the beginning of his testimony to complain about his legal woes, telling attorney general's counsel Kevin Wallace that "you" and other "Democrat" prosecutors were "all coming after me from 15 different sides," according to The Messenger.

Engoron told Trump that Wallace had been "patient" with him but instructed him to answer the questions. After a tangent about the statute of limitations, Trump complained "I'm sure the judge will rule against me because he always rules against me." Engoron asked Trump attorney Chris Kise whether the former president's commentary was necessary and Kise argued that Trump should be given "latitude" as a former president. "You can attack me, do whatever you want, but answer the question," the judge told Trump.

Terry, do you believe anyone is above the law in America? If it had been you or me in that court room, should we be given latitude for being retired veterans who have taken an oath to support and defend the Constitution? Or would we be treated like everyone else....except for Trump?

Time until Terry runs from the question or gives a BS reply like "I don't do hypotheticals": 10...9...8... LOL

Reports were that the Judge beseeched his attorneys to control him "if you can"... He apparently didn't answer the questions and just kept talking about what he wanted to regardless of what was asked.

Yes, and in his ramblings he admitted to being in charge of the valuations and to telling the tax assessor one thing while telling the banks the other.

Yes, and in his ramblings he admitted to being in charge of the valuations and to telling the tax assessor one thing while telling the banks the other.

He's in a Catch-22 of his own making. He can't keep saying he's fully in charge of his own corporation then plead ignorance that he doesn't understand how accounting works.

He's in a Catch-22 of his own making. He can't keep saying he's fully in charge of his own corporation then plead ignorance that he doesn't understand how accounting works.

So a great tactic is to just let him talk.

So a great tactic is to just let him talk.
His mouth is his worst enemy and he doesn't realize it. Partly because his fans love it so much.

Not an expert, but it appears this case is going to have major ramifications on TrumpCo.

The Georgia case could see him wearing an ankle bracelet for 5-10 years. Same for the 1/6 case and the classified materials case.

The judge in this case is effectively saying, If Trump won't simply answer the questions the way I want, I'll end his testimony...

It does make sense to just say what you will at this point. If you believe that nothing you say will change what the judge has already decided he'll do it makes sense that a man like Trump would go nuclear option and just say what he wants to say. Personally I'd take a page from Reagan and forget English except the sentences "I don't recall", "I'm not sure" and "Can you repeat that?".

It does make sense to just say what you will at this point. If you believe that nothing you say will change what the judge has already decided he'll do it makes sense that a man like Trump would go nuclear option and just say what he wants to say. Personally I'd take a page from Reagan and forget English except the sentences "I don't recall", "I'm not sure" and "Can you repeat that?".

Antagonizing the Judge who is going to pass sentence is an insane thing to do for anyone not running for political office.

None of this changes what I said there.

Disagreed since you assumed that the Judge was going to pass the maximum sentence. I wouldn't make that assumption.

Trump will drag this out in appeal and judges don't like being repealed. Not a lawyer but he appears to be working hard to stay within the rules in order to give Trump's lawyers nothing to latch onto for a successful appeal based on judicial impropriety.

Disagreed since you assumed that the Judge was going to pass the maximum sentence. I wouldn't make that assumption.

I assumed nothing. I noted what a person like Trump might do and then said what I would do, these were different things. My best guess is he believes that regardless of what he said he would get maximum fines because the Judge is prejudiced, and he seems to also think that an appellate court decision will be different. Regardless, the difference between how Trump and I would handle most things would be massive.

Trump has been given the freedom to make this trial into a campaign stop. Nobody else would have been allowed the freedoms in the court that Trump has enjoyed. When you go to court, the judge is in charge and he wants relevant testimony. Trump is way beyond acceptable in his remarks. You are looking with blinders. Your perspective is both narrow and wrong.

Back