Trump extends olive branch to kneelers

Know what really funny, the paternalistic great white father routine is over and done with, trump and his hoards of white trash just don't get it. it's over for them as they do not control anyone anymore. they are the past and dying demographic

Know what really funny, the paternalistic great white father routine is over and done with, trump and his hoards of white trash just don't get it. it's over for them as they do not control anyone anymore. they are the past and dying demographic

Like 68-year-old Andrew?

I strongly suspect that if Trump knelt while the Anthem was being played and said he was protesting racial injustice, lefties would question his patriotism.

Liberals have already called his love of our country into question, claiming he doesn't know the words to a patriotic song.

Their "reverence" for symbolic patriotism seems to be highly situational.

Perhaps Kim will get him on his knees.

And high time, it has always been an illusion.

“[A social division exists] between the rich and the poor, the laborious and the idle, the learned and the ignorant. … Nothing, but force, and power and strength can restrain [the latter].” —John Adams in a letter to Thomas Jefferson (1787)

As for americans being free to protest?

In 1979, Trudell’s controversial career in politics came to a sudden end. Hours after he burned an American flag in protest on the steps of the FBI headquarters in Washington, D.C., Trudell’s pregnant wife, three children and mother-in-law were killed in a suspicious house fire on a Nevada reservation. He retreated from the public eye, and spent the next four years driving a car throughout North America. It was during this time that Trudell’s voice as a poet began to surface, giving him a new expression for his powerful opinions and raw emotions.

“About six months after the fire…these lines came into my head and something told me to write them down and not stop writing them,” said Trudell. “They’re called poems but in reality they’re lines given to me to hang on to.”

In 1983 Trudell began to put what he called his “hanging on lines” to music with the help of friend and fellow activist Jackson Browne and Kiowa guitar legend the late Jesse Ed Davis. The recordings drew the attention of musicians, activists and critics and put Trudell into the realm of social theorist and philosopher. In his musical and film career, Trudell has worked with the likes of Robert Redford (Incident at Oglala), Sam Shepard and Val Kilmer (Thunderheart), Kris Kristofferson, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne and Amy Ray of the Indigo Girls. Angelina Jolie produced Trudell’s most recent album, Bone Days, and executive produced TRUDELL, the documentary.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/trudell/film.html

“You have a lot of people, in the NFL in particular, but in sports leagues, they’re not proud enough to stand for our national anthem. I don’t like that,” Trump said. “We have a great country, you should stand for our national anthem. You shouldn’t go in a locker room when our national anthem is played."

I am going to ask all of those people to recommend to me, because that's what they're protesting, people that they think were unfairly treated by the justice system," he added.

Trump continued: “I’m going to ask them to recommend to me people that were unfairly treated … friends of theirs or people that they know about, and I’m going to take a look at those applications.”

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...-referrals.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Somebody just got out-maneuvered lol.

He's calling their bluff. Let's see if these jocks will put some walk on their talk. :cool:

No, I don't let others define anything for me, you're the natural follower, so follow. I'm on an anonymous chat board, nothing more.

You are defined as a member of the community by your presence here, whether you acquiesce or not.

You also agreed to be bound by the rules of the forum and acknowledged them when you registered as a member of our little community.

You are defined as a member of the community by your presence here, whether you acquiesce or not.

You also agreed to be bound by the rules of the forum and acknowledged them when you registered as a member of our little community.

No, you don't get a say in what I am either, see how that works?

You are nothing but an anonymous chat board poster, like all of us pard.

I think you may be correct in your appraisal, Ms. Stretch. Time will tell.

Wait don't tell me, no matter what Don wins on accounta he's a winner and all. I mean hell, you can never lose with alternative facts. Let's go back and look at his inauguration crowd again, shall we?

Perhaps Kim will get him on his knees.

Think so?

obama-bowing-to-saudi-king.jpg

obama_1523079c.jpg

I seem to recall some people thought that making obeisance to foreign leaders is a statesmanlike measure of respect.

Wait don't tell me, no matter what Don wins on accounta he's a winner and all. I mean hell, you can never lose with alternative facts. Let's go back and look at his inauguration crowd again, shall we?

The fact that Hillary isn't currently infesting the Oval Office is what makes Don a winner, isn't it?

That is merely your opinion. You are saying, consider our feelings before you protest at this place and this time but ignoring the feelings of the ones who feel compelled to protest. If feelings were being considered then maybe protesting wouldn't need to a thing.

The nfl kneelers made a bad choice, since whatever their actual agenda is, it is not what gets discussed. All the political discussion is about the inappropriate time and place that they chose, not whatever it is that they are protesting. If anything, the kneelers have only rallied resentment toward whatever their cause is. They would be far better off protesting politics in a political setting.

Think so?

obama-bowing-to-saudi-king.jpg

obama_1523079c.jpg

I seem to recall some people thought that making obeisance to foreign leaders is a statesmanlike measure of respect.

Tell ya what, if you can find any post of mine supporting Obama, we'll say this is relevant, k?

You're clrealy out of ammo here pard.

When you cannot defend your shyte, you go to this stuff and start mumbling about liberals and leftists.

No, you don't get a say in what I am either, see how that works? You are nothing but an anonymous chat board poster, like all of us pard.

I didn't name the forum membership list a "Community". That was the owner of JustPlainPolitics LLC.

You're on the list, therefore you're a member of our little community.

The nfl kneelers made a bad choice, since whatever their actual agenda is, it is not what gets discussed. All the political discussion is about the inappropriate time and place that they chose, not whatever it is that they are protesting. If anything, the kneelers have only rallied resentment toward whatever their cause is. They would be far better off protesting politics in a political setting.

No.

All that's being discussed is how far up Don's skirt they got and what a twist his knickers are in that they will not stay in their place.

Back