Trumpkin III

QUOTE=Tinkerpeach;5717155]Can't wait to see Rachel Maddow crying in joy or those bitches on the View.

Doesn't matter though, even if the show trial does manage to convict Trump on something it will be overturned on appeal or go to the Supreme Court where they will overturn it.[/QUOTE]

31 of them are, 6 are not.

And as I have stated before, the espionage act is a very specific law, it is not broad whatsoever so the burden of proof becomes even higher for Smith.

Although I can see why he used it because filing charges under the PRA would have gotten him nowhere.

Now what is interesting is that according to precedent new laws override existing laws and what Trump is charged with does fall under PRA rules meaning that it will overrule the espionage act.

Smith is going to have to prove in a court of law that the records Trump had were not only used to try and damage the nation but that they actually did.

About 10 of the charges are going to rely on Trumps intent to use them to hurt the nation, the others are going to have to be proven to actually have harmed the nation in some way.

That is a tough thing to prove in a court of law.

Showing a document to a friend isn't really going to cut it.

So these 31 charges are essentially meaningless, they won't stand up, it's the other six that are going to be problematic for Trump. Trump's defense has to prove that he had a legal right to them, Smith has to prove he didn't.

Whatever the jury decides will ultimately end up in the Supreme Court however.

Trump is going to win by probably the biggest landslide in history.

All these indictments are doing is fueling his base to come out and vote while Biden on the other hand is doing nothing to stir up his base.

These indictments are seriously hurting Biden's turnout, everyone knows they are politically motivated.

Plus he is too old and has that albatross Harris hanging around his neck that even liberals can't stand.

Once these charges against Trump start being dismissed you are going to see the nation rallying behind him.

Good one.

I keep forgetting to create the Predictions Forum, so we can quote a post like that and put it in there for future reference...

What do you find funny, Herr Comrade?

Quid Pro is being impeached.

Deal with it.

And if the inquiry comes up with better evidence, it may even be that Jarod thinks that he is indefensible. Though I doubt that will happen... that Jarod will think something a D does is indefensible that is, not that the inquiry won't be able to come up with evidence. That I think will happen as I've heard enough circumstantial evidence to make almost any prosecutor start to salivate and get ready to dig into the details.

And if the inquiry comes up with better evidence, it may even be that Jarod thinks that he is indefensible. Though I doubt that will happen... that Jarod will think something a D does is indefensible that is, not that the inquiry won't be able to come up with evidence. That I think will happen as I've heard enough circumstantial evidence to make almost any prosecutor start to salivate and get ready to dig into the details.

Time will tell, thanks for your prediction.

You have been mentally coopted by right wing lies. If such evidence exists, then this investigation is not needed. Its function is to find evidence. That means they do not have it. You are likely wrong.

oh come on.....that can't that big a surprise to you.......as I recall you've never had the balls to actually claim Biden could win anything....even in 2020 you had no confidence in him......

I am not stupid enough to make a prediction this early. It would be stupid.

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-one-term-president-opinion-1844382

There are so many murmurs about replacing Joe Biden as the 2024 Democratic presidential nominee that a more central question can get sidelined: what are his chances of winning a second term if he is not removed from the ballot?

Democrats are in a singularly unenviable position, eyeing a troubled nation led by a president in obvious decline, with no alternative nominee in sight. Everyone is free to mull some scheme featuring Gavin Newsom riding to the rescue, or the spectacle of Michelle Obama lowered from the rafters at the Chicago convention to accept the anointing of delegates filled with joyful relief.

Right now those are amateurish movie screenplays. Team Biden shows no sign of awakening to the reality the rest of us can see every day—a president struggling with cognitive clarity and unfavorable poll numbers in swing states. There is no sign he plans to appear on our TV screens as Lyndon Johnson did in the spring of 1968 to say "I shall not seek, and I will not accept the nomination of my party for another term as your president."

Vietnam and other deep national divisions had damaged LBJ's reelection chances, but the announcement still stunned the nation. If Biden were to deliver a similar moment of clarity, the overwhelming reaction of his party would be relief. The reason is clear: a second Biden term is simply not a sustainable concept.

This is not a partisan barb. Increasing numbers of Democrats recognize the bleak optics of Biden asking to remain in the Oval Office past his 86th birthday. Few in the party's power structure are able to give voice to such concerns, so they plow forward amid hopes of facing a Donald Trump campaign damaged enough that even Biden can beat it.

More at link...
Maybe so...

Back