Typical greenie

Hence the change I made to my post.

The reality is, she made a point of how important being green is to her, then totally displayed the opposite.

This is BS, Damo. Why would anyone want to try to be "green" or try to conserve when they get this kind of scrutiny? You're a hypocrite, because you want your house a certain way, and you send back boards which will be used anyway.

I've really had it with this shit. Stirfry's post is a joke. Whatever people can do for the planet, I'll take - good on them. You can take it to as many ridiculous levels as you want, as topspin did with me once by calling me a hypocrite for living in a house over 1,200 square feet & not investing in green technologies at the level he does.

yet again we find the liberals taking a literal stance of the specific example instead of embracing the much larger and very real perception: People who want to be green and want to change others to be green.. so long as it doesn't inconvenience them.

This is what you wrote, about this specific post:

"i dont know whats so hard to understand here.

Dont preach from your soapbox if your just going to act a hypocrite of what your preach."

SHE IS NOT PREACHING. To anyone. She's not asking anyone else to "change." And yet you got that "perception", anyway. You're just geared for it; frankly, I don't see why anyone should feel a need to try to cater to such stupidity.

I doubt I would have noticed the shorter boards and think it looks better with differently sized boards...

Honestly, I just like making fun of people who don't seem to stick to their original principle... Mostly because I don't know them.

This is BS, Damo. Why would anyone want to try to be "green" or try to conserve when they get this kind of scrutiny? You're a hypocrite, because you want your house a certain way, and you send back boards which will be used anyway.

I've really had it with this shit. Stirfry's post is a joke. Whatever people can do for the planet, I'll take - good on them. You can take it to as many ridiculous levels as you want, as topspin did with me once by calling me a hypocrite for living in a house over 1,200 square feet & not investing in green technologies at the level he does.
So you are crying because you are taking this personally? What a weenie. I don't care about your huge house or your incapacity to understand that it is technology of the future and likely to increase in your portfolio.

I could really care less about what you are sick of. If you believe it is important to be green then you wouldn't discard the pieces of wood that people 'don't want'.

The reality is, they will be unlikely to find somebody who wants extra small boards, they will wind up being discarded.

This is what you wrote, about this specific post:

"i dont know whats so hard to understand here.

Dont preach from your soapbox if your just going to act a hypocrite of what your preach."

SHE IS NOT PREACHING. To anyone. She's not asking anyone else to "change." And yet you got that "perception", anyway. You're just geared for it; frankly, I don't see why anyone should feel a need to try to cater to such stupidity.

ill give you that this was a bad example but the idea that people talk shit about being eco-friendly but then don't back up there talk is what irks me.

ill give you that this was a bad example but the idea that people talk shit about being eco-friendly but then don't back up there talk is what irks me.

Yeah - that's really one of the worst problems we have in the world. It's just awful. Screw conservation when there are such hypocrites out there.

I doubt I would have noticed the shorter boards and think it looks better with differently sized boards...

Honestly, I just like making fun of people who don't seem to stick to their original principle... Mostly because I don't know them.

I think the fact of the matter is that people you don't know appear to not stick to their original principles, whereas you would be more accommodating to folks that you know.

In this case, perhaps the woman doesn't give a good goddamn about the environment generally and just doesn't want certain types of glues in her indoor environment, for example formaldehyde-based adhesives. Maybe she's not green at all, she just doesn't want to breathe that shit.

Is she being principled by throwing out flooring if she doesn't really give a shit about the environment?

So you are crying because you are taking this personally? What a weenie. I don't care about your huge house or your incapacity to understand that it is technology of the future and likely to increase in your portfolio.

I could really care less about what you are sick of. If you believe it is important to be green then you wouldn't discard the pieces of wood that people 'don't want'.

The reality is, they will be unlikely to find somebody who wants extra small boards, they will wind up being discarded.

Omniscient Man strikes again.

Yeah - that's really one of the worst problems we have in the world. It's just awful. Screw conservation when there are such hypocrites out there.

im just saying they should keep there mouths shut about it if they dont act on their own preaching.

Its like the guy telling ponyboy in "the outsiders" You know you shouldn't smoke.. as he lights up a smoke.

:tantrum:

Fuck off, Damo; typically, not a peep from you about the non-issue that stirfry is whining about; in fact, you jumped in to support that BS. When I correctly point out that no one is preaching here, you get all defensive & condescending and back into your usual defense mechanisms when you know you should have just shut up to begin with....

Omniscient Man strikes again.
*sigh*

There was a reason she didn't want them. Most people do not want them.

Again, a person who knows somebody who installs floors would hear many stories like this, and few where somebody is willing to take on extra of the small boards.

It is just stupid to pretend that experience and knowledge is impossible, and you aren't stupid, you're just throwing a little tantrum and missing the target.

You are personalizing for some reason. Get a new floor installed recently?

This is just ridiculous. She's not being a hypocrite. You claim to care about the earth if some irresponsible contractor shows up with something you didn't ask for, are you going to accept delivery in the interest of not being wasteful?

It doesn't even make sense Damo. Or is this one of your attempts at playing board martyr to 'stir up convo'?

Fuck off, Damo; typically, not a peep from you about the non-issue that stirfry is whining about; in fact, you jumped in to support that BS. When I correctly point out that no one is preaching here, you get all defensive & condescending and back into your usual defense mechanisms when you know you should have just shut up to begin with....
LOL. :tantrum:

Geez. Why is this so important to you? Why do you feel so personally attacked when tinfoil talks about his other person rejecting wood that will be unlikely to find a home?

This is just ridiculous. She's not being a hypocrite. You claim to care about the earth if some irresponsible contractor shows up with something you didn't ask for, are you going to accept delivery in the interest of not being wasteful?

It doesn't even make sense Damo. Or is this one of your attempts at playing board martyr to 'stir up convo'?
There is nothing in the original post that says she ordered only longer boards. You are assuming that the order wasn't followed when no evidence other than your assumption is presented.

Again. Why is it so important to you that I think this lady was perfectly reasonable? I don't. Because I think that we are often wasteful, have seen evidence of it all my life, and wish we weren't. I wish that people who believe they are green would actually act that way.

There is nothing in the original post that says she ordered only longer boards. You are assuming that the order wasn't followed when no evidence other than your assumption is presented.

Again. Why is it so important to you that I think this lady was perfectly reasonable? I don't. Because I think that we are often wasteful, have seen evidence of it all my life, and wish we weren't. I wish that people who believe they are green would actually act that way.

Why does everyone assume this woman believes she is "green?"

im just saying they should keep there mouths shut about it if they dont act on their own preaching.

Its like the guy telling ponyboy in "the outsiders" You know you shouldn't smoke.. as he lights up a smoke.

Chap, not sure if you are a South Park fan but this is a four minute commentary from the creators. It was about an episode where everyone in the town gets a hybrid and they named the episode "smug". They speak to the attitudes you were referencing.

Its pretty clear she didn't order the short boards that she stated she didn't want.

Back